PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to toggle between japanese input on the

kyori
Aug 17, 2006, 03:29 PM
And thats on the logitech USB. And no it's not ~. I somehow pressed something that changed it that when I did use ~, both inputs would be in english characters only. It was driving me nuts last night. I hope the settings have resetted after having turned off the PS2.

Tycho
Aug 17, 2006, 03:45 PM
Alt tilde? Works for me in Windows. :/

kyori
Aug 17, 2006, 03:52 PM
Unforuntately thats only for windows. It was actually the first thing I tried when I first had the KB going. But just hitting tilde normally works.

-Shimarisu-
Aug 17, 2006, 09:08 PM
If anyone wants japanese keyboards look me up. They7re very cheap. Perhaps I can help you kyori.

BUT, there IS a way to fix this. I once got locked in kakatakana mode, and a Japanese friend of mine living in the USA showed me how to fix it. This wa on GC.

I really think it is something to do with keys to the right of the space key.

The other day though we were playing wirth a japanese person with the exact same problem. Whether they had a Japanese kb I don't know - you CAN get US keyboards in japan very easily and as barely anyone uses the kana input method vs romaji, some people do have them.

It may be a bug. I've no idea.

Try a different mem card I guess, if you're back to normal with that maybe you can figure out what happened.