PDA

View Full Version : Regarding My Room

White_Zephyr
Aug 17, 2006, 05:50 PM
I can't for the life of me remember where I read this. Anyway, it was something about visiting other peoples' My Room while they are offline. I know you can invite people into your room while you're online. So how about it? I can see how it could work if you have someone's Partner Card and all the My Room stuff is server side. Maybe I misread something somewhere. Don't kill me ; ;

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 17, 2006, 06:17 PM
I have no idea whether you could go into someone's room while they're offline, with or without partner cards. It probably has something to do with the Player Store that can be grafted onto My Room.

And if you can go into someone's Room without a partner card, well that's sorta been done in PSII so I wouldn't be surprised...

ROLF: "There's a knock on my door!
Big dude: "Hi, I am Rudolph Schneider, but that doesn't fit so call me RUDO. I use big guns and I wanna shoot stuff lolz. Let's go. You can change my name if you want."
ROLF: "Okay then, let's go JERK!"

(thankfully, you cannot rename people on the partner card...or can you?)

White_Zephyr
Aug 17, 2006, 06:23 PM
LOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Ahh, I forgot about the player store. So maybe you can leave your store up when you're offline? That'd be pretty damn cool.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 17, 2006, 06:41 PM
i dunno but I wouldn't want people going to my room while I'm not there, they could take my stuff or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

White_Zephyr
Aug 17, 2006, 06:49 PM
or stalkers can hide until you come online >_>;;

Arrow203
Aug 17, 2006, 07:14 PM
LOL @ Stalkers.... but seriously... >-> i think i'ma hide from the stalkers in my room when i log back in....

Saner
Aug 17, 2006, 07:19 PM
My Room info

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2411

White_Zephyr
Aug 17, 2006, 07:50 PM
it doesn't say anything about stalkers ; ;

Zeota
Aug 17, 2006, 07:59 PM
You can always lock it with a code if you're that paranoid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarK-SuN
Aug 17, 2006, 08:05 PM
The room can be accessed even if you are offline, but like DarkEpyon00 said, you can lock it and only those who know the code can get in.

White_Zephyr
Aug 17, 2006, 08:10 PM
awesome, thanks guys...very cool. I have a related question. Are there physical rooms UO style or do you access other rooms via partner cards (or something)?

therealAERO
Aug 17, 2006, 08:26 PM
That would be cool and confusing...have like 100,000 rooms to sift through like some super hotel!!

No its just by partner card, and I think you can search rooms too. So you can find items from there store.

AvianKaitos
Aug 17, 2006, 08:38 PM
At least it’s better to sell items in My Room instead of crowding the streets like in FFXI’s Jeuno.

White_Zephyr
Aug 18, 2006, 12:39 AM
lol, yes

Velocity_7
Aug 18, 2006, 07:53 AM
I wouldn't mind people sprawling through my room if I had a store running. After all, the place isn't like my home or anything, it's just a terminal to me for item keeping and all. I doubt it'll get crazy.

Saner
Aug 18, 2006, 10:28 AM
if people are stalking and harassing you in your own room, just laugh and tell them you will blacklist them.

then do so and pretend they are a harmless ghost (ignoring them) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Emrald
Aug 18, 2006, 10:29 AM
Heh since were on the topic of my room and player shop....someone wana tell me how that works??

vitius137
Aug 18, 2006, 10:33 AM
On 2006-08-18 08:28, Saner wrote:
if people are stalking and harassing you in your own room, just laugh and tell them you will blacklist them.

then do so and pretend they are a harmless ghost (ignoring them) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

If people are stalking and harassing you in your own room then you shouldn't be worried about whats going on in PSU XD

Saner
Aug 18, 2006, 10:35 AM
no I mean "My Room" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

White_Zephyr
Aug 18, 2006, 10:38 AM
On 2006-08-18 08:33, vitius137 wrote:

On 2006-08-18 08:28, Saner wrote:

If people are stalking and harassing you in your own room then you shouldn't be worried about whats going on in PSU XD

ROFL

Bleu
Aug 18, 2006, 10:47 AM
I thought you could browse the other player shops from your own room. Or did I read something wrong?

Saner
Aug 18, 2006, 10:50 AM
ya I think your video phone is used to look up player shops.

Emrald
Aug 18, 2006, 10:51 AM
then how do you buy the stuff?

Saner
Aug 18, 2006, 11:01 AM
um well you probably look up the list of items they sell through the video phone or warping into their room and visiting their shop section.

and then you simply pay for the items you want.

Zeota
Aug 18, 2006, 01:05 PM
You are actually transported there, and their PM is the shopkeeper.

Emrald
Aug 18, 2006, 01:07 PM
so can a PM make change? lawl

Saner
Aug 18, 2006, 01:21 PM
LOL! naw the PM might say "Exact change only!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Emrald
Aug 18, 2006, 01:26 PM
LOL be like

PM:Do you have a ten?

player:I have a 20

PM:not acceptable...

Player: O_O

Saner
Aug 18, 2006, 01:31 PM
lol good thing meseta is universal and can be distributed in units of any amount. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Emrald
Aug 18, 2006, 01:32 PM
yes yes ^_^

Arrow203
Aug 18, 2006, 11:18 PM
LOL @
LOL be like

PM:Do you have a ten?

player:I have a 20

PM:not acceptable...

Player: O_O

i about crapped myself when i saw that xD

Dingo
Aug 19, 2006, 08:14 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif maybe set your PM to give people shi't when your not online, piss people off... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif that WOULD be something

OdinTyler
Aug 19, 2006, 10:13 AM
Some weird questions I thought of:

1. Can you program your PM with shortcuts like Cut-In Chat? This can apply for regular usage or when tending your shop?

2. Can you name your shop?

3. Does the shop look something like shops in PSU or do potential customers walk around your room (or view via the videophone) the items you have on display & then buy?

White_Zephyr
Aug 19, 2006, 10:17 AM
This reminds me a lot of Everquest's bazaar system (although I played EQ mostly before Shadows of Luclin was release.)

http://eqvault.ign.com/wiki/index.php/Luclin_Zones

The Bazaar
Prior to The Shadows of Luclin, on most servers, the EverQuest community gathered and traded equipment in the East Commonlands zone, Greater Faydark, or sometimes the bazaar area of North Freeport. Each player would announce its offering to the whole zone and wait for interested people to contact him. Players had to stay behind their computer and manually manage each transaction. With The Shadow of Luclin expansion, Sony implemented an automatic trading system only available in the Bazaar, which is located off the south of the Nexus. The zone itself is not particularly big but features vendors, bank and stables. Due to the number of players gatehred there, The Bazaar is notorious for lag and slow response times. Users can buy trading bags and put in the things they wish to sell, be it armor, weapon or quest items. They then choose a price for each item and switch to Trader Mode. Once in Trader Mode you appear to other players as a standard vendor, and your customers can then buy you things. An interface allows one to search for items available for selling.

The system on PSO seems VERY similar, except for the fact that your chracter can stay online in bazaar mode even when you're offline and that you're in your room, (not a laggy zone). I wonder if there is a list of My Rooms that you can enter and browse their bazaars; it would be a little...strange if you can just visit My Rooms of people you have the partner card of.

EDIT: WTS A DARK REAVER. lawl

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: White_Zephyr on 2006-08-19 08:21 ]</font>

Saner
Aug 19, 2006, 10:25 AM
I surprised they managed to includea player shop system.

before they said they are testing to see if they would include it and it sounded like there was a chance that it was only a test but they weren't actually going to add this feature. but looks like it's happening.

OdinTyler
Aug 19, 2006, 10:31 AM
Actually, I think the bigger question was how would it be implemented, not so much, if. I myself (& I guess others did) wondered if it would be an auction system (apparently, its not). However, Im glad to see the shop system is in place & the more I learn about it, the more I like. I still hope to have my above questions answered though.

Saner
Aug 19, 2006, 10:40 AM
well my educated guesses are:

1. your PM can't be assigned cut in chat, they will probably have some general things they say to shoppers like normal shop NPCs.

2. you can probably name your shop or your shop goes by your name, just like your room.

3. I heard your PM is the shopkeeper for items you wanna sell. players just warp to your room, talk to the PM, spend meseta on items you have put up for sale, and that's it. I guess.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jeral
Aug 19, 2006, 02:19 PM
Hi, this is my first account ive made on PSOW but i've used it for info for as long as I can remeber, Really looking forward to PSU, I only decided to play it after really seeing some ingame pics ect and the fact its coming out for 360 has made me wanna get it, Can someone tell me if theres any pics lying bout of androids ingame ? (Casts i should say) I aint sure which class I'll be going, I hear casts can ...Cast now.. Ha-ha hehe.

Also I like this Room system and ingame shops, Very swish tbh. One question ( Ineed a slap most likely for this but) Will there be SPECIAL WEAPONS like in the other pso's, Cus it wouldnt be the same without the item hunting hehe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeral on 2006-08-19 12:21 ]</font>

White_Zephyr
Aug 19, 2006, 02:25 PM
Of course there will be rares^^ I can't think of a place to find Cast pictures though ><

Jeral
Aug 19, 2006, 02:32 PM
Allrighty thanks, I hope ya can re-name ya mates names, Cus I hate names like tHiS mY nAme lol its silly, Would just make it to Capital>Lowercase hehe.

PhotonCat
Aug 19, 2006, 03:22 PM
Don't think this was answered but I was wondering.

How do other people get to your room to browse your inventory if they don't have your Card? It would defeat the purppose of a store if you could only sell to people you know.

Can you browse specific weapons/items/armour like in an AH system and then go to a store that has it? Or do you have to have the person's card to get in the store(without even knwoing what they have for sale and would be dumb)?

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 19, 2006, 04:24 PM
this whole player shop stuff sounds pretty interesting. I think it might be pretty awesome.

Natrokos
Aug 20, 2006, 01:04 AM
I doubt it would get crazy. I seem to remember reading you can only have 6 people in your room at once.

Niki
Aug 20, 2006, 01:07 AM
On 2006-08-19 23:04, Natrokos wrote:
I doubt it would get crazy. I seem to remember reading you can only have 6 people in your room at once.

So no 'How-Many-Characters-Can-I-Cram-In-My-Room-So-I-Can-Get-A-Screenshot-For-PSOW' parties then?

Saner
Aug 20, 2006, 01:14 AM
well can't expect it like AH since these are individual player shops.

I think it might be like the bazaar system. except you go to their room instead of the player themselves to check their wares.

as for possibly needing their card to check their shop, I wonder how it'll work out.

Kyuu
Aug 20, 2006, 02:53 AM
Erm, I could be wrong, but I distinctly remember your shop being a little addendum to your Room, with weapons on display and everything. I believe your PM is the sales person. The entrance to your Room moves to the shop, so anyone who enters your Room will be in your shop first thing.

I'm less certain about this, but I also remember there being some sort of search function where people can search for items for sale in shops and warp to the appropriate player's Room.

Zarbolord
Aug 20, 2006, 02:57 AM
Yeah, I think that is right.

Dingo
Aug 20, 2006, 05:37 AM
I'm just hoping that PSU will have some sort of an economy. Meseta was just fricken useless in PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif, it had no value at all. So what if new people decide to sell their good items in exchange for meseta, and the next moment everyone discovers that the same thing is happening with meseta in PSU (I don't know if it was inflation or something in PSO so someone please explain what happened). Now they wouldn't have a good rare and they're stuck with a lot of worthless meseta. Oh no wait! we could buy sol atomizers with that ... :S

Foxix
Aug 20, 2006, 05:40 AM
people have already said that meseta is very difficult to obtain in comparison to PSO this time around.

By the way, Dingo, where in the hell do get off with stealing my name?

Saner
Aug 20, 2006, 07:38 AM
economy would be disasterous.

Look at how corrupt and exploited FF11's auction house is. the scoundrels get rich and the rest get poor.

I'm so glad we won't need Auction Houses in this game to buy what we want.

I trust NPC shopkeepers than players. at least NPCs won't sell something for more than its worth just to make a profit. and NPCs never run out of supplies, so no time is wasted searching elsewhere.

even if meseta is harder to find in this game, you can just sell off equipment and drops you don't need.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-20 05:39 ]</font>

tank1
Aug 20, 2006, 09:16 AM
There nothing wrong with an economy in an MMO just becasue youve been probably suckered into buying a sock for 1,000,000 gil in FF11 or something dosent mean its a bad thing just avoid the people who are trying to take advantage and search out the fair deals.
Also good luck finding uber rare items in an NPC shop.

Saner
Aug 20, 2006, 02:42 PM
ya but it takes a lot of extra time searching for fair deals. and game's that mainly depend on AHs run really short on supply and demand.

one thing is having the money, but if you can't find even the most simple equipment anywhere, then that's just a drag.

people will just bazaar stuff in this game if need be. transactions are done faster that way anyways instead of checking the AH to see if your items sold.

there are many issues with AH, that I'm glad PSU won't use and depend on that economy stuff. NPC shops will sell the bulk of the basics and anything else can be synthesized, found through drops or bought from other players directly or their shops. that's all there is to it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Dingo
Aug 20, 2006, 02:48 PM
FFXI underwent disastrous inflation. Now all the newcomers have to farm for ages to be able to get decent equipment, people seem to expect you to have that or otherwise you won't be accepted into a party. Or so I hear.

Axios-
Aug 20, 2006, 05:39 PM
Now that we know that you can have your shop open while you're offline, can you have your shop open while you're off doing other things (missions, shopping, etc)?

Fou
Aug 20, 2006, 05:49 PM
"Even when you are not online, time will continue to pass in the online world. For example, people will be able to visit your room and buy items from your Player Shop - if it has been setup."

Thats on this site so i beleive you can as it was stated by the developers.

Axios-
Aug 20, 2006, 05:51 PM
Okay, thanks for not reading my question. I asked if you can have a shop open while you're doing other things like playing a mission with a party. In essence, stay online but away from your store.

Fou
Aug 20, 2006, 05:55 PM
I did read your question. Kinda would assume they can if they can do it when your not online apparently you can setup your shop. If not that would be a lil odd but eh I could be wrong.

Parn
Aug 20, 2006, 06:07 PM
To answer your question Axios, it's a 'yes'. I recall Kyori mentioning that I had activated my store without realizing it when a bunch of us were in her room as she discussed things you could do through the computer panel by your partner machine.

White_Zephyr
Aug 20, 2006, 08:52 PM
There probably won't be much value for meseta beyond for personal use. But knowing it's more scarce than in PSO, that will give it more purpose all the same. Players shops, I expect they will be important, but not a nessecity. Think about all of the stuff in FFXI that was upwards of 1,000,000gil, it was either dropped from a BCNM, KSNM, HNM, or a plain old NM. Instance style games make it impossible to compete for drops (against gilsellers and people using FFXiApp or Mr. Argus). Although, you may have to be fast to grab the rare in your team, like in PSO (which I had fun doing lol), but it's nothing like FFXI. I don't think we have anything to worry about. PSU seems to already be challenging and not messed up like FFXI.

JasonWFD
Aug 20, 2006, 09:12 PM
One economy-related issue that I'm a little worried about is the idea of "gold farmers". In World of Warcraft, there are people who make a business out of paying people to sit and watch multiple computers go through macros and automated character interactions, who acquire a lot of in-game money. They then sell this money online to other players in exchange for real money. In PSU, we might very well see "meseta farmers" if the variables are right.

Personal opinions about purchasing fake currency in a game aside, I'm worried that this might be a contributing factor to possible overinflation. However, I don't really see how you could set up multiple characters to be "bot-ed" well enough for this kind of scheme to work.

Oh, and selling stuff from your room = win

Axios-
Aug 20, 2006, 10:33 PM
I hope for meseta to be a bit more useful than it was in PSO so that we may actually have an economy going. However, 'meseta farmers' would suck. I just have to hope that ST found a delicate balance. You win some; you lose some.

White_Zephyr
Aug 20, 2006, 10:41 PM
but the meseta farmer possiblities aside, the biggest problem a MMO or pseudo MMO (in this case) can have is unavailability of decent equipment for everyone. In large scale MMOs, lack of equipment paralyses you. WoW has instanced areas that, with enough people, can be raided and phat lewts can be shared by all. FFXI on the other hand, is first come first serve for MOST good drops, (thus forming monopolies). PSU will never require more than six people to get whatever is in the game (unless a patch changes this). Although, it may take forever to GET rares, as was true in PSO. I'd rather have meseta be worth nothing and have the ability to find whatever it is I want than gape at the awesome stuff in an auction house I can never get.

Jeral
Aug 22, 2006, 05:20 AM
~Makes a team called CHANGINGROOMS and decorates peoples rooms for a fee~ Wooo XD