PDA

View Full Version : Synthesizing weapons, armor etc.

Dingo
Aug 19, 2006, 06:54 AM
So I've been reading that whenever you create a weapon, sometimes it has a low succes rate. Would I be able to try to make it again by just switching off my console the minute I find out the creation has failed? Seeing as the characters and items are saved server side, shouldn't you be able to just try again? This might sound like a weird question and maybe I'm not getting the picture on how this system works. I'm just worried as a legit ex-PSOX player.

Ryna
Aug 19, 2006, 07:04 AM
On 2006-08-19 04:54, Dingo wrote:
So I've been reading that whenever you create a weapon, sometimes it has a low succes rate. Would I be able to try to make it again by just switching off my console the minute I find out the creation has failed? Seeing as the characters and items are saved server side, shouldn't you be able to just try again? This might sound like a weird question and maybe I'm not getting the picture on how this system works. I'm just worried as a legit ex-PSOX player.

For Online mode, you won't be able to switch off your console and try again. If the synthesis fails, it fails.

Dingo
Aug 19, 2006, 08:10 AM
What I mean is...if the item has failed does the server already have this information? Or does it have the data from the last time you stored your game when you still had your items before synthesis? In the latter case one should be able to switch off and try again. I'm just wondering how the server side saving of items works.

Saner
Aug 19, 2006, 08:16 AM
it will probably save everytime you synthesize.

Dingo
Aug 19, 2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah that's what I thought and what I am hoping for ..... just wondering if there are any people out there with first hand experience from the premiere disc or something

Ryudo
Aug 19, 2006, 08:30 AM
every time you do anything online it's saved, so if you do a syntesis and fail, the items are gone.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 19, 2006, 09:33 AM
damn, that kinda sucks.

tank1
Aug 19, 2006, 09:43 AM
Makes sense though.

Saner
Aug 19, 2006, 10:59 AM
makes successful synthesized stuff even more valuable, huh? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I forsee many will give up on Synthesis and pay others to Synthesis for them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Dingo
Aug 19, 2006, 11:04 AM
That doesn't sound to bad Saner, I guess the succesrate kinda replaces the insane droprates for some rare items in PSO

Axios-
Aug 19, 2006, 11:10 AM
It should double save when you synthesize because we all know how well that works.

Dingo
Aug 19, 2006, 11:13 AM
Good old GC double save, why the hell was that even implemented again?

Saner
Aug 19, 2006, 11:49 AM
to prevent loop holes I guess.

I calculate many won't bother with synthesis anyway. the possible losses outnumber the gains, it seems. but looks like synthesis is the only way to improve equipment.

unless grinders...oh whatever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bleu
Aug 19, 2006, 05:06 PM
Actually the grinders are just the same as what we are used to in PSO. Synthesis is just the creation of the items themselves. As for the grinders themselves, you need the right grade grinder to grind said weapon (did I say grinder enough? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif)

As a side note, I have every intention of getting into item Systhesis. I remember hearing that the real good weapons are the ones you can make via item Systhesis. I'll try to find where I read that. Also, I was reading over the PSUPedia site and you can have anywhere between 0%-100% success rate, you find out the success rate for whatever your making before you even start. Also, just before you actually get the item from your Partner Machinery you have the option of cancelling the Synthesis, there is no garuntee that you'll get your items back, but its an attempt if you chicken out in the last second. They do talk about Refining an item, but I can't find any info on the refining process itself, unless its the same deal as Synthesis.

Again, I took this info straight from the PSUPedia site, go read more about it there. I eagerly wait in anticipation to see this in full force.

Dingo
Aug 19, 2006, 05:09 PM
Allright good info Blue. Thanks, and welcome to PSOW