PDA

View Full Version : Slim PS2

ziggurat8
Aug 19, 2006, 04:53 PM
Can You play PSU Online with the slim PS2?

Axios-
Aug 19, 2006, 04:54 PM
I imagine that you can. There's no HD support in PSU so slim PS2s shouldn't be a problem.

Ash1ey
Aug 19, 2006, 04:55 PM
Yes, no harddrive is needed and the slim ps2 has a built in network adaptor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

btw Ziggy rocks!

Edit: it has come to my attention that the slim ps2 might not have a 56k modem in it? Only ethernet jack? I'm not sure since i dont have one, but just thought I'd say..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2006-08-19 15:07 ]</font>

Dingo
Aug 19, 2006, 05:26 PM
Slim PS2 only has an ethernet jack if thats the correct term. So no telephoneline style connection cables can be inserted (without much success anyway). Sonic team has stated that there is no need for a HDD, nor has it stated that it can take advantage of one when present. So Yes, you will be able to play on slimline PS2.

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 19, 2006, 05:34 PM
I don't recommend teh slim PS2's personally. My friend has one and they have one big flaw. . . they overheat easily because they took out the cooling fan to save space >_>

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 19, 2006, 05:51 PM
I dunno, I have a slim PS2, and thus far I haven't had a problem with it overheating.

Dingo
Aug 19, 2006, 05:59 PM
There is still a fan in there, allthough very small. Just don't put it in a place where it's boxed in, it does need some room to lose the heat, like any other console. From what hear I would be more worried about a X360 overheating.

Saner
Aug 20, 2006, 07:48 AM
just place an icetray on top. it will stay cool. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ya Xbox360s overheat a lot in a short time. but its okay with good ventilation.

Zorafim
Aug 21, 2006, 01:57 AM
Just wondering, how much work would I have to do if I have cable internet and a slim PS2? Would I just have to plug the ethernet cable to the ps2?

PandaMasterX4
Aug 21, 2006, 10:29 AM
On 2006-08-19 15:51, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I dunno, I have a slim PS2, and thus far I haven't had a problem with it overheating.

Hope you knocked on wood with that one.

Saner
Aug 21, 2006, 10:59 AM
On 2006-08-20 23:57, Zorafim wrote:
Just wondering, how much work would I have to do if I have cable internet and a slim PS2? Would I just have to plug the ethernet cable to the ps2?

plus in the ethernet cable from the modem/router to the PS2.

you may need to use the configuration disc that's probably in the instruction manual bag for that system and make sure your connection is going through. most of the configuration settings don't need to be altered.

I recommend buying or renting a online PS2 game to test your connection now to see if its going through.
unless you want to risk last minute surprises involving no connection being detected.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

there are many low priced older games now that can be played online for free like Timesplitters Future Perfect, Champions of Norrath, Resident Evil Outbreak 2, etc. etc.

rent/buy something like those to test our your PS2 connection and now is a good time since if there is a problem, you have enough time to solve it before it gets released here.