PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point?

Emrald
Aug 20, 2006, 10:14 AM
I mean Bows and Cross bows are cool and all but why are they FORCE3 weapons? it just doesn't make sense at all to me....Or am I just crazy like that? Please explain

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 20, 2006, 10:17 AM
I agree with you, I don't like the idea that only forces can use arrows and crossbows either.

Emrald
Aug 20, 2006, 10:20 AM
I mean it's nice to give them ranged weapons again...but why not stick with the cards? they were at least a cool idea....

EspioKaos
Aug 20, 2006, 10:41 AM
On 2006-08-20 08:17, Shiroryuu wrote:
I agree with you, I don't like the idea that only forces can use arrows and crossbows either.
Longbows and crossbows aren't force exclusive weapons. Rangers are able to use them as well.

Emrald
Aug 20, 2006, 10:42 AM
But their made for forces that's the point....Just saying...it feels rather odd....I mean you mine as well let them use three sabers at once...our dual stavs

Suiko
Aug 20, 2006, 11:15 AM
I don't see what's so odd about it. Magic users in some games use bows & arrows, so what's the difference here? Rangers get a number of exclusive guns on top of being able to use the bows as well. There shouldn't be a problem.

Emrald
Aug 20, 2006, 11:16 AM
I'm just saying...I'd rather use cards -_- just cause they seem more forcie

Suiko
Aug 20, 2006, 11:22 AM
Always seemed more Yu-gi-ohie to me... <.< Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Suiko on 2006-08-20 09:23 ]</font>

Emrald
Aug 20, 2006, 11:23 AM
Nah they don't summon monsters from the card.......I liked the shiny parts!

Suiko
Aug 20, 2006, 11:26 AM
It was a joke. Anwyay, if the fan-like weapons turn out to be the new versions of slicers, they may bring out rares that look like cards. (Cards were a bit rare to begin with anyway.)

Emrald
Aug 20, 2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah very rare.....Espically the section ID cards (Which I ended up failing to get)

ulyoth
Aug 20, 2006, 11:36 AM
I like the idea, maybe they're "magical" in a disney world sense XD

Emrald
Aug 20, 2006, 11:44 AM
IF their magical how come RANGERS can use them?

Saner
Aug 20, 2006, 01:27 PM
how come Rangers can use daggers, which are normally a weapon for Hunters?

they just felt like allowing others to use them too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dingo
Aug 20, 2006, 02:20 PM
Maybe those particular weapons will deal damage according to the characters MST, like holy ray in PSO. But I don't really know the use of having a bow instead of a rifle on a ranger though.

StratixEVO
Aug 20, 2006, 04:25 PM
LoL, a character's class is just their specialization, like a bachelor's degree. You can be a lot of things with any bachelor degree, you just are "better" at that subject. Look at Aragorn from LotR, he's a "ranger", but that dude's all over the spectrum LOL. Anywho, its not the first nor the last time you'll see exclusivity in an RPG.

Now I see the argument that bows aren't necessarily magical, so why forces? Well, there are lasers and photon swords... heck bows are kinda artsy fartsy, leave it to the forces to use em!