PDA

View Full Version : $140.00 worth of anime lost in the mail!

SubstanceD
Aug 20, 2006, 02:11 PM
Well, I ordered some anime ( from a company that I will not name at this point in time ) at begining of July. I chose UPS Airmail for the shipping ( because I live in Euope which cost me a further $42.00 which brings the total cost up to over $180.00 ) which is supposed to take between 7 to 21 working days. Anyway, my point is that it is soon going to be 2 months since I placed my order and it was supposedly shipped ( according to the website ) so obviously somthing has gone wrong.

These last past few weeks I have have been in a state of worry and depression. Now I am begining to feel rage. Lot's of fucking rage. I have sent emails to the company asking for assitance to track my order, I have recieved no reply ( other than that they will look into it which was weeks ago ). I checked the website today and it turns out they ( and I ) can't track my order because it is UPS airmail. It also turns out that my order is NOT insured by the company. So basically I am fucked. My package is missing, I can't track it's where-abouts, I have a $182.89 credit card bill to pay off at the end of the month and I won't get my DVD's or any fucking compensation since the stuff is not insured.

How can this happen to me.

sprky585
Aug 20, 2006, 02:20 PM
ok, first off, dont order anime off the internet, second, whyd u spend $182 on cartoons? and 3rd...i know $182 is alot, but get over it...at least u didnt have a flight to Chicago but your luggage got put on a flight to LA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

The_Pea_Guy
Aug 20, 2006, 03:00 PM
Where's Joey the dipshit when you need him? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

"$140 of anime lost in mail!? WTF!? You should've sent it to charitah!"

Neith
Aug 20, 2006, 03:08 PM
I'm having concerns over this too, I have a Japanese Gundam model kit being shipped by UPS Airmail, which I'm beginning to think is lost in the post.

If its been 2 months, definately get in contact with the company in question again- I'd have imagined they insure packages they send, it seems strange that your order isn't insured.

Parcels like that should be insured, they are on most sites..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-08-20 13:22 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Aug 20, 2006, 03:59 PM
Threaten them. With fire.
But ya, $182 worth of stuff really isn't something you'd want to "GET LAWST IN TEH MAIL". I hope it gets cleared up, and fast.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 20, 2006, 08:49 PM
Take up the issue with your credit card company for reimbursement. Explain to them how your goods were never recieved, so you should not be charged. They should have a reimbursement/fraud policy as most credit card companies do. That's why its actually safest to buy things online with a credit card, as you hear a lot.

The company is obviously flaking out and not taking responsibility, and for that much in shipping it should have been insured at the very least.

Best of luck.

Solstis
Aug 20, 2006, 09:13 PM
On 2006-08-20 13:00, The_Pea_Guy wrote:
Where's Joey the dipshit when you need him? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Still haven't found something else more entertaining?

Yeah, I've heard horror stories about getting things mailed, but I've been lucky so far.

But, yeah, Haya is giving good advice. If your credit card company is worth its salt, you can ask them to remove the charge. Either that, or threaten to cancel your account. That seems to work (though, maybe not in the UK?).

Lord_Kratos
Aug 20, 2006, 09:23 PM
wow thats gotta suck! man i would hate to lose that much anime in the mail! what anime was it by the way?

KodiaX987
Aug 20, 2006, 09:28 PM
Does UPS have a tracking system of sorts? If you know the package number, I'm sure you could ask them if they can find where your stuff went.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 20, 2006, 11:23 PM
On 2006-08-20 19:28, KodiaX987 wrote:
Does UPS have a tracking system of sorts? If you know the package number, I'm sure you could ask them if they can find where your stuff went.

Yes they do. On their site there is an option to track packages and see if, and who, signed for them. All you need is the tracking number.

Sinue_v2
Aug 21, 2006, 06:09 AM
Unfortunately, that won't find your package. It will just give you the time and location of the last time it was checked in and checked out. Generally, they should be able to find it using that information - but not always. It might end up being perpetually "In Transit".

The_Pea_Guy
Aug 21, 2006, 07:07 AM
On 2006-08-20 19:13, Solstis wrote:

On 2006-08-20 13:00, The_Pea_Guy wrote:

Still haven't found something else more entertaining?

Nah. Playing the internet tough guy anarchist for fun has its good points when you are literate and bored, I guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I seem to have established a keen interest on moi within you, for some reason. And for that I am flattered.

Zalana
Aug 21, 2006, 02:25 PM
I had a 30GB iPOD get lost in the mail, and i'm still trying to discover what's up with it and where it's at...

Jared_T
Aug 22, 2006, 05:44 PM
Wow.. The most I've had lost in the mail was an $80 +shipping package of anime(Slayers Try box). And it did have a tracking number on it. That I got from the sender after about 2 months of arguing about it being lost. And what do I find for the status of the package..? “DELIVERED. Left on porch” http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif At the time I lived in an apartment complex where unattended packages meant free stuff. I never got my package or my money..

SubstanceD
Aug 28, 2006, 01:49 PM
Well belive it or not I have an update on the status of my order ( sadly I have yet to receive it ). It turns out they shipped it, it came over here to Ireland ( where I live by the way ), it was sent back to the US and returned to the sender ( Discount Anime DVD. I am done not naming names, I want someone's head for this shit ). According to UPS, the address written on the package ( my address ) does not exist. Discount Anime DVD sent me an email asking me to confirm my address since they think I made a mistake. Well guess what? The address on the fucking parcel was perfect. That is my address. I have ordered stuff from Discount Anime DVD before ( and all those things were shipped via UPS ) those other orders never had any trouble reaching me before so why the fuck am I experiencing this problem now.

I sent them back an email re-confirming the fact that the address I gave them was correct. It has since been a week and I am once again back at square one. I don't know if they got my reply, whether they shipped off the package again, whether it will reach it's destintion ( or will it get sent back again ) or if the guys at Discount Anime DVD are just plain sitting on thier asses and doing nothing.

BogusKun
Aug 29, 2006, 01:27 PM
I had a friend who had lost playboy in the mail lolz!

echo2
Aug 29, 2006, 04:29 PM
im sure the plane crashed and everybody on it burned along with ur cartoons. just blow up their offices and u'll feel better trust me.

oShojino
Sep 5, 2006, 02:40 AM
Fed Ex is superior, UPS blows.. they always fuck -everything- up. The times I used them the packages never arrived on time, were left in obscure places (one time I found a package in a bush in the backyard, it was a pc controller bundle), or were dropped off at neighbors houses. And all these were just ordered locally, I hate to think of what would happend if I ordered something internationally with them. I'm surprised they're still in business, I encourage anyone to boycott them and use any other means of shipping other than UPS when possible.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 5, 2006, 04:44 AM
They claim in their shipping details that they will sometimes "hide a package behind bushes."

I've had a few things shipped by UPS in the past few months and everything went fine. The last such package included a phone call the night before with details of a needed signature to obtain the package or they will return each day around the same time.

The discountanimeDVD store there doesn't even include much info on international shipping but if it gets to be too much hassle to wait on the item, I'd say just do as much as you can to cancel and get a refund/credit- as they do have more info on refunds/returns there on the FAQ section.

Neith
Sep 5, 2006, 07:21 PM
Heh, I've had to get back onto the company for my order too, been almost a month since I ordered now, and all they keep telling me is to check my postal depot.

My postal depot phones me if a delivery is sat waiting for me, as they only hold them for about 14 days. I haven't recieved a phonecall, nor have I recieved a letter to say I missed the delivery.

However, there was a news article in my local newspaper, saying that hundreds of parcels have been returned to sender, after not reaching an address they were intended for- apparently international orders were affected because of the recent security lockdowns at airports.

Heh, Im just gonna keep hounding the company until I get my parcel or my refund.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Edit: More than 30 days later, my parcel finally arrived- of course when I wasn't in >_> So, off to the depot later. Like Hell Royal mail's holding my parcel for any longer than necessary.

I think I now understand why it's called 'Snail Mail'.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-09-08 05:34 ]</font>