PDA

View Full Version : Longbows and Photon Arts

AngelLight
Aug 21, 2006, 02:33 PM
Right now, as far as some info is being listed, Ranged Bullet Arts are limited to level 10 for a force. However, since longbows are being geared towards forces anyways, does that mean that a force can reach 20 on a longbow or will they still be limited to 10 like the normal guns? (I guess this would also apply to Slicers and Hunters as to the nature of this question)

Any beta testers able to confirm an answer to this?

EspioKaos
Aug 21, 2006, 04:57 PM
Forces will only be able to level up their bullets to lv.10. The only style of PAs that a force can max out are techniques (at lv.20, I believe), while their melee PAs max at lv.1.

EDIT: For a little clarification, no weapons within one class will ever be able to exceed a PA's max level no matter what class is using them. For example, all forces using ranged weaponry will only be able to get their bullets to lv.10, no matter what weapon they use them with. So, to reference your example, a force using a longbow will only be able to take its PAs to lv.10 while a ranger using the same weapon will be able to level up their bullet PAs to lv.20.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2006-08-21 15:02 ]</font>

AngelLight
Aug 22, 2006, 07:20 AM
Ok, well that's kind of weak I guess then, since alot of references had forces typically using the bows as their class specific weapon (along with rods and wands) vs the more technical high tech style guns. But I guess if they wanted to just lump them all together then that's fine too.

I assume that this would also apply to slicers then and hunters? (since that's been a traditional hunter weapon, has usually required hunter stats to wield, and was a weapon for the hunter archetypes in the old PS rpgs. But it seems they're just lumping all the missile weapons together.)

Jeral
Aug 22, 2006, 07:57 AM
Is there weapon skills or something in PSU? Can someone tell me whats new with the weps ect

AngelLight
Aug 22, 2006, 08:00 AM
There are weapon skills and the missile weapon ones are called "Bullet Arts". There're going to be using a weapon skill score much akin to RF Online (with letter grades). PSUpedia has alot of info on it, but sadly the specifics of the arts are not readily available yet (translation issues, not enough ppl playing the beta that are posting on here, whatever).

There are some new weapons types that weren't in PSO (except in very rare cases) as well. Those are also listed on PSUpedia.