PDA

View Full Version : Dressing room = character recreation?

White_Zephyr
Aug 21, 2006, 02:40 PM
I was noticing in gameplay videos and screenshots that hair changes when browsing accessories. Can a beta or premier player give the lowdown?

Saner
Aug 21, 2006, 02:43 PM
um actually accessories had to be modeled individually for each hairstyle there is.

some hairstyles automatically adjust depending on the accessory, and that's about it.

I wouldn't call it recreation as much as more character customization beyond the initial CC.

White_Zephyr
Aug 21, 2006, 02:44 PM
Isn't there a dressing room similar to PSO though?

Saner
Aug 21, 2006, 02:47 PM
um there are shops to buy clothes.

the dressing room in your room is used to change clothes at no extra cost.

clothes are like any items, they take up space in your inventory until you place them in your home bank or whatever.

I think you can also change clothes at the checkpoint after a mission.

mattdude
Aug 21, 2006, 02:49 PM
Is the beta still up? can you tell me what it is so i can sign up?

White_Zephyr
Aug 21, 2006, 02:50 PM
do you know if things like hair/hair color and etc. can be changed without buying accessories?

Saner
Aug 21, 2006, 02:53 PM
ya I heard there's a special shop where you can re-edit your face, hair, and I think proportions without having to make a new character.

mattdude
Aug 21, 2006, 02:54 PM
That will be awsome

White_Zephyr
Aug 21, 2006, 03:00 PM
nice, I'm glad that option is open ^-^

Ether
Aug 21, 2006, 03:04 PM
On 2006-08-21 12:53, Saner wrote:
ya I heard there's a special shop where you can re-edit your face, hair, and I think proportions without having to make a new character.

Are you making stuff up again? I've never heard of such a shop

Saner
Aug 21, 2006, 03:05 PM
On 2006-08-21 13:04, Ether wrote:

On 2006-08-21 12:53, Saner wrote:

Are you making stuff up again? I've never heard of such a shop

not at all. I am positive I have seen media of the shop itself even.

Aaaaah if I only remembered the source. They posted about it a looong time ago here on this board.

I'm sure others know what I'm talking about too.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 21, 2006, 03:12 PM
I highly and i mean HIGHLY doubt you can recreate preportions. PSO let you adjust hair, and clothes. I'm pretty sure it'll be the same but I'm not gonna confirm anything. I know about the clothing being able to change from the shop.

I didn't hear anything about you being able to buy the clothes yourself and keeping them and changing at will. That would be kinda cool.

Saner
Aug 21, 2006, 03:15 PM
yes you can keep clothes you buy from shops. you can only change them in your dressing room and a few specific areas.

White_Zephyr
Aug 21, 2006, 03:18 PM
yeah, that's definite.

Drakon
Aug 21, 2006, 03:19 PM
Yeh better be i'd hate to rebuy the clothes I had before I changed.

Saner
Aug 21, 2006, 03:22 PM
yes rebuying clothes was a very foolish dressing shop thing PSO had. but I guess they did that before because back then there was no program to store clothes you aren't wearing, and clothes were not treated as equippable/dequippable items.

but now they fixed and improved all that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AvianKaitos
Aug 21, 2006, 03:26 PM
I remember something about changing face proportions/features in that shop, but like you Saner I can't remember the source. xD

Saner
Aug 21, 2006, 03:31 PM
On 2006-08-21 13:26, AvianKaitos wrote:
I remember something about changing face proportions/features in that shop, but like you Saner I can't remember the source. xD

aaah its a conspiracy. I'm sure it's one of those shops because as we have noticed there are many different colored doors with symbols for each shop. so I'm sure it's one of them. but of course the beta doesn't have that shop available.

_Tek_
Aug 21, 2006, 03:32 PM
I've only heard you can change skin color, eye color, any color related stuff.

-Crokar-
Aug 21, 2006, 04:55 PM
hmmmm.....plastic surgery.......intersesting

Inazuma
Aug 21, 2006, 07:45 PM
you can only change things that you can normally change in real life. clothes, hair color, eye color (colored contacts?), lip color, and skin color (uh, tanning). you cannot change any body proportions. w/ all of the options available to you, you can change the look of your char quite a bit.

oh btw, if you put on taller shoes, it will raise your height. the reverse is also true. hi heels will actually make you taller. switch to sneakers and you will get a bit shorter. cool stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

_Tek_
Aug 21, 2006, 09:52 PM
so proportion is all you have to worry about, and if you don't like it you can always remake your character before you start leveling.

KylePhoenix
Aug 22, 2006, 06:07 AM
I'm just popping down the plastic surgeon's to change my height and my face. Cheerie-o.

Saner
Aug 22, 2006, 08:16 AM
see and Ether didn't believe me that such a shop exists in PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif