PDA

View Full Version : PSO: Live or die

luninja
Aug 21, 2006, 03:06 PM
This may sound stupid and noobish but I think the PSO should live. If there are any comments you want to add. Go rigt ahead. I'm just saying it should live. (this is after PSU gets released)

Saner
Aug 21, 2006, 03:09 PM
They discontinued the classic Phantasy Star series,

they will discontinue the PSO series and move on into PSU.

but really this topic title is kind of harsh. Games should not be treated as something bound by mortality. They are beyond all that.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 21, 2006, 03:10 PM
There really is no point in it's existance after PSU gets released. PSU being a direct sequal to the PSO story and all.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 21, 2006, 03:11 PM
uh...no its not. It only takes place in the same universe as PSU and PS.

mattdude
Aug 21, 2006, 03:11 PM
I like pso, i think Psu will be defintley better

PandaMasterX4
Aug 21, 2006, 03:18 PM
On 2006-08-21 13:11, Jonathan_F wrote:
uh...no its not. It only takes place in the same universe as PSU and PS.

I must have misunderstood at one of the press interviews at E3. I coulda swore I heard that but maybe I heard it wrong. I didn't mean it continues the PSO story, but the events take place soon after that incident. It's linear in the timeline.

Dingo
Aug 21, 2006, 03:20 PM
As long as keeping PSO servers up and running stays profitable for Sonic Team PSO will probably not get discontinued. PSO-DC lived on while EpII was out on GC right? Wrong? I dunno.

Ether
Aug 21, 2006, 03:24 PM
Old PSO is Old. Time to let that game from 2000 die

Saner
Aug 21, 2006, 03:24 PM
PS, PSO and PSU all have separate timelines.

BaZ2
Aug 21, 2006, 04:13 PM
it would be good to take like your character into the PSU game so that all those monthly fees weren't just wasteful.

Eternal255
Aug 21, 2006, 04:27 PM
i voted live just for the hell of it. I doubt it will live, however i enjoy it still because u can play your character offline AND online, not just one or the other. (Of course thats why theres hacked items and stuff).

And no pso-dc died shortly after (if not before) PSO-GC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eternal255 on 2006-08-21 14:29 ]</font>

OnnaWren
Aug 21, 2006, 04:28 PM
PSO will live on regardless of ST's decision to officially discontinue it as long as there are private servers up and running and players to populate them.

luninja
Aug 23, 2006, 12:20 PM
Basically, it isn't really fun if you can't create your own character on the offline version and still play in a story like game. That's why I think PSO should live, just like any other classic games.

HiKeRI
Aug 23, 2006, 12:30 PM
PSO pwnz, them rare weapon are the best and kewl magz n chip thingy on them that glows...!

Reystradamus
Aug 23, 2006, 01:07 PM
they should let pso continue...alot of people still play it on GAMECUBE

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 23, 2006, 02:06 PM
ummm nope pso for dc went out 4 pso for gc even came out i know this cause i used to play online for dc, and i dont think they hould let the one for gc die because there will be people who dont like PSU and like the old, i mean think about it blizzard still runs all there old games still on BNET i know you dont have to pay for em except WoW but still there will always be people that favor the old games

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 02:17 PM
They can discontinue the online mode. Offline, its still a blast.

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 23, 2006, 02:20 PM
but it is not fair to the people who wish to continue with there online play, i was really pissed when they did that with the dreamcast versions,so i decided not to get it for the GC version in case they wanted to be asses and do that

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 02:27 PM
I know what you mean, but are you saying they should keep the online mode going forever?

luninja
Aug 24, 2006, 07:06 AM
I think that as long as people are playing online on PSO, then they still should have the servers running for people who like PSO online mode.

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 24, 2006, 07:10 AM
they should keep it going until the get to a certain low percentage of people not playing it, AND how PSU goes, believe me, there has been games with alot of hype everyone claiming it will be better, then the game comes out and turns out the old one is better im not saying thats gonna happen but it IS a possibility

EGO-BOT
Aug 24, 2006, 07:40 AM
I would actually like them to make another PSO (Ep5?) for the Next generation of consoles only with a huge graphic revamp. Obviously thatfs not going to happen with PSUcomming out but I think PSO games are awesome and could happily continue playing them if they made another Episode.

Jeral
Aug 24, 2006, 07:56 AM
I like PSO games but sick and tired of the same rare items ect and the same mobs everywhere ya look, allways good to just forget what went before and go with the new imo.

Saiffy
Aug 24, 2006, 08:23 AM
Note: They're two different games.

Just....Thought you guys should know that.

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 24, 2006, 08:58 AM
and i know that...

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 24, 2006, 09:36 PM
Meh, PSO can die for all I care. Though it would be nice if they gave PSO some time while the PSO players flock over to PSU. Less resources spent on PSO=more for PSU (hopefully).

NightHour13
Aug 25, 2006, 12:58 AM
I like to think of PSO as a resting place for my character and his many many adventures and stories. It would be nice to FINNALY...After all these years!!! Aknowledge that we all killed Olga Flow, Dark Falz and all those monsters so that Pioneer II and it's inhabitants could live in peace forever.

Ever think about that guys? It's monumental to all of us role players to see that finnaly it's all been laid to rest.

luninja
Aug 25, 2006, 06:56 AM
If Episode 4 came out for the systems and I mean all. Then they should keep it alive. What gives? I think it's unfair that only BB gets all the good stuff.

luninja
Aug 25, 2006, 06:57 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: luninja on 2006-08-26 09:52 ]</font>

OnnaWren
Aug 25, 2006, 01:14 PM
Fat chance that BB will ever come out for a console: one of the reasons it was made a free download for PC is because people get sick of paying over and over for what amounts to be the same game over and over... (ver.1/ver.2, PSOI&II/PSOI&II+, etc.) -_-;