PDA

View Full Version : witch manufacture do you like?

Skye-Fox713
Aug 21, 2006, 05:08 PM
so as you all know there is a new aspect on weapons in psu where there are 3 different manufactures of weapons. now witch manufacture do you like and why? is it apperence, stats, or somthing eles.

i like temora works cause of both apperence and stats

DizzyDi
Aug 21, 2006, 05:16 PM
That brings up an interesting question.

I wonder if there will be players who are all brand-loyal and whatnot?
Like a Microsoft vs. Sony thing, 'cept... maybe Youmei v. Tenora. lulz.

phunk
Aug 21, 2006, 05:24 PM
On 2006-08-21 15:16, DizzyDi wrote:
That brings up an interesting question.

I wonder if there will be players who are all brand-loyal and whatnot?
Like a Microsoft vs. Sony thing, 'cept... maybe Youmei v. Tenora. lulz.

I'd like that, create some friction between players. Too bad there's no PvP. . . yet.

Skuda
Aug 21, 2006, 05:25 PM
I'm really liking the designs of the Tenora Works weapons. Guns mostly. I haven't seen much for the Tenora melee weapons.

Oji_Retta
Aug 21, 2006, 05:26 PM
I remember somebody posting the difference between the manufacturers. I think it was something about PP, Accuracy, and ATP they were different in..I think.

ulyoth
Aug 21, 2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah if someone could post pictures and stats differences that would be great.

Emrald
Aug 21, 2006, 05:38 PM
Wait wait wait there are manufactors?! EXPLAIN NOW EXPLAIN AND LET ME SEE DESGINS DAMNIT! RAWR

mattdude
Aug 21, 2006, 05:39 PM
Cool i need to see this!

EspioKaos
Aug 21, 2006, 05:45 PM
Keep in mind, however, that there are other manufacturers besides G.R.M., Yohmei and Tenora Works. There's another weapons maker called Kubara; so far I've only seen one weapon they've made which was a wand. Aside from them (and G.R.M. Crimson, who Magashi's weapons were made by), I'm sure there will be others.

Me personally, though, I'll probably be leaning more toward weapons with higher PP values since I'll be playing as a force-beast.

ulyoth
Aug 21, 2006, 05:48 PM
High PP for me too i think, playing as a hunter-cast. Already got good accurracy and power.

mattdude
Aug 21, 2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah Same, I like hunter-cast

Asim
Aug 21, 2006, 05:50 PM
Kubara, obviously.

Niki
Aug 21, 2006, 06:13 PM
As long as the guns don't jam and the swords don't break, I don't care who made them.

Axios-
Aug 21, 2006, 06:15 PM
On 2006-08-21 16:13, Niki wrote:
As long as the guns don't jam and the swords don't break, I don't care who made them.

But they have varying stats. That makes me care who made them.

Niki
Aug 21, 2006, 06:18 PM
Hm, well, to amend my previous statement, I'll have to use them all and get a feel for what I like. I couldn't predispose myself to any based on name or appearance.

That is a good point, Axios.

Saner
Aug 21, 2006, 06:39 PM
we barely seen much weapon artwork and styles for each weapon from each manufacturer.

so its kind of tricky to decide.

but saber-wise I like the company with the pointy tip blade sabers. not the wide baseball bat tip blades. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

maybe ppl should post artwork and pics here to understand the weapons each company makes.

Nisshoku
Aug 21, 2006, 07:32 PM
All depends on which weapon I'm using, really. I might use one company's weapon over another, just because it looks better than some of the others.

hypersaxon
Aug 21, 2006, 07:33 PM
I'd assume there'll be people who will pick certain weapon brands based on their character's race and class to either enhance their strengths or make up their weaknesses.

For example, a Beast Hunter might want a Sword that has higher ATA, since their ATA naturally sucks. Whereas a Newman Force would want a Sword with higher ATP to make up for their shortcomings in ATP.

A Force of any kind would probably want as much PP as possibly, unless the Force weapons have a stat that boosts TAP then it might be worth it to loose a bit of PP for you spells to do more damage.

Emrald
Aug 21, 2006, 07:35 PM
I'll go with what ever suits my character's style all four of them

zandra117
Aug 21, 2006, 07:56 PM
http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up2259.jpg here is a picture of all the different weapons available in the closed beta. The blue icon is GRM, the green icon is Youmei, and the orange icon is Tenora.

Saner
Aug 21, 2006, 08:00 PM
On 2006-08-21 17:56, zandra117 wrote:
http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up2259.jpg here is a picture of all the different weapons available in the closed beta. The blue icon is GRM, the green icon is Youmei, and the orange icon is Tenora.

thanks! is there a manufacture section for PSU yet? this stuff is pretty informative.

so far it looks like I'm liking GRM the most for now.

Niki
Aug 21, 2006, 08:22 PM
On 2006-08-21 17:56, zandra117 wrote:

Nice link. Mouth-wateringly nice.

DizzyDi
Aug 21, 2006, 08:49 PM
I'd have to say Tenora is looking the best right now, followed my Youmei, and then GRM.

I know someone has the stats for at least one weapon comparing the three manufacturers.

kyori
Aug 21, 2006, 09:03 PM
GRM: All around average
Tenora Works: High ATP
Youmei: High PP

In exchange of course for tenora/youmei, itd be lower pp on tenora and lower atp for youmei etc. Personally, I'm usually for GRM.

mech259_
Aug 21, 2006, 09:25 PM
http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Sabers

According to this page, GRM has second-best PP and ATP, and worst ATA. Youmei has the best PP, worst ATP, and second-best ATA, and Tenora has the worst PP, but best ATP and ATA.

That makes GRM technically the worst, since they don't excel in anything and have bad ATA, but they have nice PP and ATP, which neither of the other two have both of. My preference is Tenora for swords, and Youmei for guns.

Junker
Aug 21, 2006, 09:40 PM
Yea, Tenora definately looks the coolest, and with the highest attack, I'll probably be going with that. I'm guessing GRM is like Guardian manufactured weapons, which is sorta lame, but I think they do look cooler than Youmei, which look a little too classy to be that cool.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 21, 2006, 09:43 PM
Tenora general has the best appearances. Youmei is okay. Most GRM equipment I find terribly ugly.

JasonWFD
Aug 21, 2006, 09:46 PM
I've seen a video of someone using a mechgun, and it was burning through PP faster than an old laptop eats up battery life. So, for those, I'm go with Youmei. Everything else is still up for scrutiny to me, but assuming there won't be that huge of a drastic difference in stats, I'll roll with whatever looks h4wt.

Junker
Aug 21, 2006, 09:50 PM
Tenora seems the best, coolest looking and best ATP? I'll most likely be using that. Then again, GRM looks awesome too, and is balanced. They all seem pretty awesome. I'm just looking forward to the RARES. *drools at thought of seeing a red box*

Skye-Fox713
Aug 21, 2006, 09:56 PM
i especaly like the Tenora handgun and machine gun designs the best out of all the guns

*I mean what's wrong with using a handgun that looks like an old west revolver that can back up its apperence with pow and ata but have the athenticity of fewer rounds to shoot (got'a make every round count)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2006-08-21 19:59 ]</font>

Junker
Aug 21, 2006, 09:58 PM
I just thing GRM looks cooler than Youmei because GRM looks standard, as opposed to Youmei looking kinda goofy. Although... is it just me, or does the GRM Sword looks like a Photon Pattle?

Fou
Aug 21, 2006, 10:11 PM
Sweet so far I like the Tenora the best in looks but sounds like it would be pretty good for my beast hunter too whih works out great : )

Killuminati
Aug 21, 2006, 10:56 PM
I don't think a pole like this should be made yet because uh the game isn't out yet and we really can't tell which is better.

ColonD
Aug 21, 2006, 11:28 PM
Youmei is pretty stylin' in some weapon's aspect. Has most of my favorite looks. Seens slight exotic in designs in general too, judging by the given picture.
I bet it's stats aren't the best. I'd still chose it.
GRM seems more mass-produced sort of thing, is it more stat based, or cheaper?
Tenora also has got some cool looks too.

Looks wise it would Youmei first, Tenora second. within the given options.
And name wise I like Kubara the most. Reminds me of a snake. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lyrise
Aug 22, 2006, 02:31 AM
Speaking from the perspective or a newman hunter in beta, I really liked the GRM stuff. Tenora stuff had good stats yes, but its PP capacity was terrible. What made it worse was that the recharge rate on Tenora Works weaponry was abyssmal (3PP every few seconds? No thanks).

While Youmei was the reverse, the damage was pitiful for me, despite all the skill spamming I could do. To put this into perpective, I grinded a Youmei Twin Saber to 5. It's power was closest to a GRM saber of the same star level with no grind. This will probably be the choice of those who don't have an issue with attack power.

As for the GRM stuff, it's pretty decent, and has no real flaw to it, other than being average, with decent capacity and regeneration.

Jeral
Aug 22, 2006, 04:54 AM
I like the spear on the far right and the top right mech gun, I'll probs use Spear/Sword, and Claw+Mech gun mix. Gonna be a Cast hunter as far as I know hehe. Can someone tell me what type of make they are pls.

Tycho
Aug 22, 2006, 08:00 AM
I started to hate Youmei and Tenora for their bad spelling and lame puns. I think GRM's fine, but it seems Kubara will probably turn out to get the coolest stuff.