PDA

View Full Version : PC gamepads use for PSU on PC?

ShadowDragon28
Aug 21, 2006, 05:53 PM
I may get a new PC, and PSU PC vers., But I am *not* of fan playing games with a KB and Mouse, my hands start to tire and hurt after awhile.

My question is to players of the Closed Beta; was it posssible, or will it be possible to use a PC game pad with the PC vers. of PSU? Like setting the control functions to a PC game pad?

Since I'll probable get the Thrustmasters' " Wireless Duel-Trigger" game pad very similar to a PS2 Duel Shock game pad which is PS2 and PC compatible, I really would rather use it for PC PSU than using the mouse & KB....

Any info would help. Thanks....

Axios-
Aug 21, 2006, 05:56 PM
Yes, it's very possible and probably more natural feeling for most players. I didn't play in the beta so I don't know much past that it's very possible.

Arrow203
Aug 21, 2006, 05:57 PM
Yes its possibal, but i dont like the idea of putting down my controller just to type something, plus i've played FFXI for the past 4 years with a PC and a keyboard.. (Nvr used the mouse not once during that 4 year period.)

mattdude
Aug 21, 2006, 06:05 PM
I just posted something alot like this, any one no a good cheap controller for the pc that will work very well?

Axios-
Aug 21, 2006, 06:07 PM
But PSU will be a little different than FFXI, I'd think. I haven't played FFXI, but I played Guild Wars, Everquest, and Silkroad with a keyboard and felt alright. However, when I played Blue Burst with a keyboard, I felt clunky as hell. Thus, I picked up a gamepad for it, and I intend to do the same with PSU. Nothing against keyboard players though =P

mattdude
Aug 21, 2006, 06:08 PM
k you have a gamepad that you recomend???

Inazuma
Aug 21, 2006, 07:48 PM
i suggest using a ps2 controller (on the pc via usb adapter). not only was psu designed for the ps2 controller, but its the ideal controller regardless. you have many buttons to set up however you like.

Junker
Aug 21, 2006, 07:53 PM
I'm just gonna get it on the Ps2 and buy a ps2 keyboard.

JasonWFD
Aug 21, 2006, 09:21 PM
Is there a Gamestop near you? They should have USB controllers there for either 15 or 20 bucks. The ones I've seen all have the same buttons as a PS2 controller, with possible other functions like Turbo.

I'm guessing they'd work fine, but I haven't personally used any of them. I'm thinking about picking one up for PSU myself.

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 21, 2006, 11:10 PM
as ive stated in sevral previous post i am gonna get it for all platforms, i recomend the 360 controller but thats just me, im a big xbox fan

Zinsian
Aug 22, 2006, 04:10 AM
On 2006-08-21 21:10, Kakashi_Xero wrote:
as ive stated in sevral previous post i am gonna get it for all platforms, i recomend the 360 controller but thats just me, im a big xbox fan

lol ill be using my 360 controller. and i guess ill be on pc and xbox, i dont have a PS2 anymore though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif