PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Beta.

mattdude
Aug 21, 2006, 07:54 PM
In PSU is it going to be a lot like PSO when you beat Forest 1, you go to forest 2? or is it different then that?

EspioKaos
Aug 21, 2006, 08:01 PM
On 2006-08-21 17:54, mattdude wrote:
In PSU is it going to be a lot like PSO when you beat Forest 1, you go to forest 2? or is it different then that?
Each area is divided up into multiple blocks, so yeah, it'll be somewhat similar to PSO. Here's how it works in Universe. After clearing a few blocks, you'll come to a checkpoint lobby themed after the area you're in where you'll be able to restock items, recharge photon points, just hang out and chat, etc. From there, you'll continue your mission through a few more blocks until you get to the boss. Following the boss will be the goal lobby where you'll be awarded class points based on how well you did on the mission you just cleared. Plus, it gives you another opportunity to hang out with party members and such. Each goal lobby, just like the mid-way checkpoint, is themed after the level you're currently in.

mattdude
Aug 21, 2006, 08:02 PM
Is this on Offline or online? (bet this is for online)

EspioKaos
Aug 21, 2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah, that's just for network mode.

mattdude
Aug 21, 2006, 08:17 PM
Will this way take longe to beat things then? and make it more interactive with players?

EspioKaos
Aug 21, 2006, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't really say it'll make it where it takes longer to clear areas; but as far as adding more opportunities for player interaction, yes. By having not only the normal city lobbies but also the checkpoint and goal lobbies, it seems SonicTeam wanted to promote the idea of player communication a little more. Or, at least give us a little more variety as far as places to hang around and talk.

mattdude
Aug 21, 2006, 08:32 PM
That is awsome thanks

EspioKaos
Aug 21, 2006, 08:37 PM
No problem. Always glad to offer whatever info I can about this game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AngelLight
Aug 22, 2006, 10:54 AM
Do the outpost have names? Also are they any special unique things outside the normal recharging stuff at maybe one or two different outposts you've seen? I believe PSUpedia is looking for info on outposts, so as a beta player are there any small details about them you can add?

EspioKaos
Aug 22, 2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah, they've got names. Here are the goal lobby names that have been revealed so far:

Linear Line = Aural Observatory
Raffon Meadow = Raffon Lakeside Park
Mizuraki Preserve = Kugo Hot Springs

AngelLight
Aug 22, 2006, 11:50 AM
thanks

EspioKaos
Aug 22, 2006, 11:54 AM
No problem. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Oh, and since it was needed, I just added a small entry on the basics of the midpoint and goal lobbies for PSUpedia.

mattdude
Aug 22, 2006, 11:56 AM
Cool thanks