PDA

View Full Version : Humans

Junker
Aug 21, 2006, 07:59 PM
So, Newmen have awesome mindpower and I'm guessing they have faster PP recovery, Casts have SUV weapons and Beasts have Nanoblasts. So tell me, other than balance, what gives humans an edge over the rest? Is there anything they can do that the other races can't?

Kyunji
Aug 21, 2006, 08:01 PM
They have the amazing ability to not be sub-par at any one job, as the other races would be. No one really knows about Newmans.

There's been a lot of controversy over this very subject (think eight page topics), but at this point, all we can really do is wait for the final game, which will answer most other questions currently being asked on this forum.

Junker
Aug 21, 2006, 08:02 PM
Huh, thanx for the info. Guess I'll wait and see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Junker on 2006-08-21 18:03 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Aug 21, 2006, 08:04 PM
Junker, you are not awesome.

ShinMaruku
Aug 21, 2006, 09:02 PM
Easy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkhIpd2pQCY&mode=related&search=

Junker
Aug 21, 2006, 09:11 PM
Umm... why is that relevant?

ColonD
Aug 21, 2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, they can be anything, and if you don't like the attachment to a class with the other races. (and maybe regular ears) PSU isn't so hard that you need to be the best. So don't worry about it. I think they give you 4 slots for characters, so you can choose one of each, and try them out.
Besides, waiting and seeing won't kill you, maybe you'll run into some neat thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ColonD on 2006-08-21 20:58 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Aug 22, 2006, 10:15 PM
On 2006-08-21 19:11, Junker wrote:
Umm... why is that relevant?

Humans alon cna become Ninja and as that shows ninja's are near gods....

Kyuu
Aug 22, 2006, 10:38 PM
Newmans do not have faster PP recovery, I don't believe.

While it's true humans are not terrible at any one job, that's really not an advantage at all, unless you're absolutely set on having only one character but still want to play all three jobs.

Sev
Aug 22, 2006, 10:58 PM
Depending on how the game works out being more balanced, may give you the ability to explore alot of character options and routes. You don't have a handicap in anything, but you don't have an exact strength. And it's not so bad that you don't have an exact strength, because you're not lacking at all.

Bleu
Aug 22, 2006, 11:19 PM
PP recovery has to do with the END (Endurance) stat.

I do not know if one race has a higher starting END over the other. If anyone has info about the starting stat, it would be appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleu on 2006-08-22 21:20 ]</font>

Kyuu
Aug 22, 2006, 11:36 PM
On 2006-08-22 21:19, Bleu wrote:
PP recovery has to do with the END (Endurance) stat.That is merely speculation, unless I'm mistaken.

Bleu
Aug 23, 2006, 12:45 AM
I took that information off of the PSUPedia site. My apologies for my oversite in not quoting my source.

Kyuu
Aug 23, 2006, 12:49 AM
While PSUpedia says it, I still don't believe there's been any confirmation of what the Endurance stat actually does. If anyone knows differently (like perhaps a beta tester or possessor of the Premiere Disc tested it?), I'll gladly be corrected.

Natrokos
Aug 23, 2006, 02:54 AM
Well Bleu, according to the class comparison for Forces the female Newman has 23 while all other classes have 22. So maybe Newman have the highest end and it's just not noticable much in the beginning? Anyways hope that helps a little.

Natrokos
Aug 23, 2006, 02:55 AM
I replied too soon. It also showed that Cast have higher endurance as rangers my apologies.

Jeral
Aug 23, 2006, 03:56 AM
Well doesnt the word Endurance speak for itself? Its obviously some sort of defence stat or a similar stat to EVP to block ect, Maybe it makes your pp bar raise faster to do the cool attacks. Just a thought

RLoge21
Aug 23, 2006, 06:13 AM
Just create a class that you feel like using. You can more than likely be fine with using any class/race in game.

Dingo
Aug 23, 2006, 06:41 AM
Yeah Yeah Yeah, we've been over the 'just create something, you'll be fine'-stuff before. Some people just want the best species for a class.

Ashimayu
Aug 23, 2006, 06:43 AM
I heard (from some random source) that once your character reaches a certain level they are able to have more than one job at a time.

If thats the case then that would most likely be best suited for a human character because of their balance in stats. you wouldn't have to worry about a Human Force/Hunter, whereas a Newman Force/Hunter would have terrible Strength that your just better off toasting the monster

But thats just some random rumour

My Main Character will most likely be a Human Ranger for the main reason that I like the way they look. (Yea Very Stupid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

In the end a Level 200 Whateveryouare sounds good to me