PDA

View Full Version : PS2 premire disk work on dial up?

xenokai
Aug 22, 2006, 12:27 AM
even if its BB only had anyone tryed running it threw the pc with a crossover cable and seeing if it runs on dial up?

mattdude
Aug 22, 2006, 12:28 AM
where did you find the server at????? I want to know...trying to find it every where

Ether
Aug 22, 2006, 12:43 AM
xenokai: Now you're just being ridiculous. Only like 3 people here have played the premiere disc online, no ones going to be testing 56k for you. And guess what, no matter what anyone tells you, no matter how completely unplayable people say the game is, you're not going to listen anyways, all you're waiting for is some magical liar to pop in and say "OMG GUESS WHAT GUYS, THE GAME IS TOTALLY PLAYABLE ON 56K!" Quit making topics about this, and just buy the game when it comes out

Mattdude: The premiere disc requires a registration key that comes with it to play online, so pirated copies can't get online. The server is also only letting Japanese PS2s online, so even a modded one wouldn't be enough if you had the actual disc. Also, its against the rules to ask about software piracy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-08-21 22:44 ]</font>

xenokai
Aug 22, 2006, 01:11 AM
STFU dude that not what im wanting. Im just wanting someone to TRY it on dial up! All i get is people saying hell no it WONT work on dial up but that not a yes or no. People are just making up guesses because they think people on dial up are cheap ass people that dont wanna fork over the cash. I just wanna know if its playable on dial up and a awnser from someone that tryed the beta or the premire disk on dial up. I could care less if the people warp around as long as it doesnt DC and im able to fight right.

Polly
Aug 22, 2006, 01:30 AM
People are just making up guesses because they think people on dial up are cheap ass people that dont wanna fork over the cash.

Such hard times we live in when people are persecuted for the speed of their internet connection :(

Oh wait, that's not happening here, it's just nobody knows.

Ether
Aug 22, 2006, 01:34 AM
On 2006-08-21 23:11, xenokai wrote:
Im just wanting someone to TRY it on dial up!

From topic #4 you made about dial up:

On 2006-04-25 14:34, Violation wrote:
My friend tells me forget it....just forget it...

I mean I have high speed broad band but he tried dial up. People gave him false hopes that it would be ok but it's unplayable. Also it's the Beta so the real version will have more people etc. So I would honestly say forget it!

On 2006-04-25 14:51, RFB wrote:
I'm on broadband, and I have heavy network lag, and it looks like I'm not the only one with broadband and network lag.

On 2006-04-25 16:31, Ryna wrote:
I played PSU for four hours on dialup last weekend. In my opinion, the experience was extremely unsatisfactory. People were warping around. There was a lot of lag for damage registration and items appearing. Trying to find and keep up with people in the lobby was almost impossible. It might be possible to play PSU on dialup if you are playing solo and on an uncrowded ship. Otherwise, the experience just was not enjoyable at all.

Some of this might be due to latency caused by playing on a Japanese server, but I doubt it is the sole contributor

xenokai
Aug 22, 2006, 02:23 AM
some dude friend told him. Thats no awnser lol ryna was nice to try it but ryna tested it during peak hrs of the beginning of the beta when everyone on broadband was even lagging.

xenokai
Aug 22, 2006, 02:26 AM
Also i just found this on google and looks like the specs shown on PSO world where wrong..... PSO world posted it as 256k was a requirement now the japan site says this.....

Connected environment to Internet
(Recommendation above effective line speed 256kbps)

EDIT: URL Removed due to stretching.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-08-22 04:23 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Aug 22, 2006, 02:43 AM
256kbps is 256k.... One assumes the bits per second when stating connection speeds. When I say I have a 1g connection I really mean I have a 1gbps connection, or 1 gigabits per second
256kbps is way over the standard dial-up modem of 56kbps.

And why use a crossover cable when connecting to the internet... crossovers are used for pc to pc connections, while everything else uses a straight through. Unless of course you need to use a rollover but average people won't have to deal with rollovers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2006-08-22 00:45 ]</font>

Ryudo
Aug 22, 2006, 04:16 AM
xenokai: Now you're just being ridiculous. Only like 3 people here have played the premiere disc online, no ones going to be testing 56k for you. And guess what, no matter what anyone tells you, no matter how completely unplayable people say the game is, you're not going to listen anyways, all you're waiting for is some magical liar to pop in and say "OMG GUESS WHAT GUYS, THE GAME IS TOTALLY PLAYABLE ON 56K!" Quit making topics about this, and just buy the game when it comes out

some dude friend told him. Thats no awnser lol ryna was nice to try it but ryna tested it during peak hrs of the beginning of the beta when everyone on broadband was even lagging.

I laughed. -_-

Ryna
Aug 22, 2006, 06:32 AM
On 2006-08-22 00:26, xenokai wrote:
Also i just found this on google and looks like the specs shown on PSO world where wrong..... PSO world posted it as 256k was a requirement now the japan site says this.....

Connected environment to Internet
(Recommendation above effective line speed 256kbps)

Actually, it was listed as a recommendation on this site.

As for testing it only during peak hours, I tried it throughout the closed beta, not only at the beginning. I always experienced the same results.

Now then, let's see if one of the Premiere players would be kind enough to test this on dialup.

mattdude
Aug 22, 2006, 03:33 PM
k thanks for telling me i was confused about this huge premier.......sorry about that i wont ask again

xenokai
Aug 22, 2006, 09:27 PM
ryna i dont doubt your words at all. But im sure you have played on DSL/broadband for awhile and anything on dial up is slow to you. But if it runs and doesnt DC every 2 mins it would be ok. All that really matters is are you able to kill stuff using a dial up connection? If my friend are warping thats okay they would know im on dial up because i make sure all my friends know. All i wanna know is hows the playability when killing monsters? Was it like PSO or was the monster warping around and you having to chase them because of lag? I hope that makes sence.

HiKeRI
Aug 23, 2006, 12:18 PM
I'm sure it could be able to play it on Dial Up, but it'll be slower then eveyone els, most games say its not compatible for dial up and it runs pretty well, all depends of the area you are, and how many monsters are in the area, and that's all.

Ryna
Aug 23, 2006, 12:26 PM
On 2006-08-22 19:27, xenokai wrote:
All i wanna know is hows the playability when killing monsters? Was it like PSO or was the monster warping around and you having to chase them because of lag? I hope that makes sence.

The biggest problem with killing monsters will be the latency. The damage registration is done on the server. On a laggy connection, it takes a long time for the server to register the damage. In combat, this means there will be long delays between when you land a hit and when it happens on the server. This lead to situations where the monsters lived longer than they should have. Also, whenever I was play in parties, there would be rooms where I would attack an enemy and get no exp. The monster was already dead before my damage registered. Of course, there was also the problem with players teleporting from one side of the room to the other.

How well will this work on a decent dialup connection on a local server? Who knows. We'll have to wait and see. However, I can tell you that playing on a low-latency broadband connection will be the way to go.

xenokai
Aug 27, 2006, 03:54 AM
thanks ryna Well i would get a low-layemcy BB connection but cant where i live. As long as dial up stay connected and im able to interact and enjoy it. Maybe the server will be more smooth and optimized for slower connections ont he full game. But what made pso so great was hanging out with friends not the combat itself. As long as i can have the interactive connection with my friends ill be happy. Im sure someone wont mind testing it on dial up when it release's? My dial up connection gets on at 44k-46k. Its a big pain not being able to have dsl or broadband when your a gamer simply because it doesnt reach out here.