PDA

View Full Version : Question about class.

Jeral
Aug 22, 2006, 05:04 AM
I have been told by a few people that you are able to switch class ingame, so does this mean you are not restricted to your primary class choice you make on day one for the rest of that characters life? Can you switch from HU>RA ect?

Any info would be helpfull,ta.

Foxix
Aug 22, 2006, 05:14 AM
yes you can switch on the fly, although everytime you do it costs more meseta to do so.

Dingo
Aug 22, 2006, 05:16 AM
How does switching class affect leveling? Will a pure lvl 200 FO have lower stats overall than a lvl 150 FO turned HU to lvl 200?

Jeral
Aug 22, 2006, 05:17 AM
Ah right, well thats the dogs bollox to be honest, Cus many'o times Ive gotten bored and made a entirely new char just for a change and ended up getting bored of being lvl 1 again lol, Mesta never been a issue in any pso, easy to get not really used in market ect to buy weapons off other players allways been PD's ect. So should be cool, all though hunters allways have been my favorite I might end up fancying a go of RA's somewhere along the line.

Jeral
Aug 22, 2006, 05:19 AM
On 2006-08-22 03:16, Dingo wrote:
How does switching class affect leveling? Will a pure lvl 200 FO have lower stats overall than a lvl 150 FO turned HU to lvl 200?

I forgot to ask that, Could someone answer this?

Dingo
Aug 22, 2006, 05:22 AM
Let me add something:

Will a Pure lvl 200 FO be able to still lvl as a HU, and that way increase their stats like MST even more?

Foxix
Aug 22, 2006, 05:24 AM
On 2006-08-22 03:17, Jeral wrote:
Ah right, well thats the dogs bollox to be honest, Cus many'o times Ive gotten bored and made a entirely new char just for a change and ended up getting bored of being lvl 1 again lol, Mesta never been a issue in any pso, easy to get not really used in market ect to buy weapons off other players allways been PD's ect. So should be cool, all though hunters allways have been my favorite I might end up fancying a go of RA's somewhere along the line.

You forget, this is not PSO, this is PSU and in PSU meseta is a good deal harder to come by and PSU now has an economy. Well to a certain extent.

As for Classes, You have your main stats which stay with you no matter what and then you have you Class stats that are like a bonus depending on you actual level in that class. Your main stats also level up with you, along with your class.

This is how I understand it anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2006-08-22 03:26 ]</font>

Jeral
Aug 22, 2006, 05:27 AM
So... its basically like Final Fantasy's JOB system, you can be a few things but you lvl each class individually as you switch between em, About mesta good, PSO series was way to easy to make your way up the lvls and get cash you dont even need and just to buy health items and telepipes lol, Good to see its needed now, From what I seen of PSU everything looks promising I only decided to take a intrest in it few days ago, When I did a bit research on it hehe.

This also means you only need ONE char really, and When you wanna be a diff class, just switch your class on ur char rather than making a new lvl1 to lvl up in Force or RA ect, Nifty lil touch, I like it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeral on 2006-08-22 03:28 ]</font>

Dingo
Aug 22, 2006, 05:32 AM
Die-hards will still want to make another character for different classes as they feel that some species have stats that better suit some classes.

Foxix
Aug 22, 2006, 05:34 AM
Not so simple, every race has it's advatages/ disadvantages so if you make a Beast force its going to be horrible in comparison to a Newman Force. If you want to play everything decently then go for a human. However they don't excell in anything in particular they are nice if you want to spread the love.

Dingo
Aug 22, 2006, 05:36 AM
I would still create different characters for different classes. It just feels wrong to ME to have a character which doesn't have the best potential for its class.

Foxix
Aug 22, 2006, 05:40 AM
yup and if you think about it ST gives you 4 character slots for a reason http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif one for each race

Jeral
Aug 22, 2006, 05:40 AM
Well I guess, I'm thinking of making a Male Cast and going for the gundam look, they look ace and gonna go hunter and switch to RA occasionally, since they got nice ata,atp. Then have a Newman FO.

EDIT:

Also would like to mention, Reason I dont really wanna be making a gizzillion chars is cus I'll be playing on Xbox 360, Im part of a huge xbl community playing other games all the time so Wouldnt really have to play PSU how i'd like to hehe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeral on 2006-08-22 03:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeral on 2006-08-22 03:43 ]</font>

Dingo
Aug 22, 2006, 05:44 AM
I still don't understand the way techniques work this time though. Are we going to need a cane for every four technique-types? how is that usefull?:S. Even armor takes more thought this time around, or I do not seem to get it. Isn't there a photon-type which protects against all elements?

KylePhoenix
Aug 22, 2006, 06:03 AM
The FFXI levelling system was the worst thing ever.

Jeral
Aug 22, 2006, 07:52 AM
I think FFXI was good, I only stopped playing cus I barely knew anyone on there.

Bleu
Aug 22, 2006, 12:43 PM
On 2006-08-22 03:44, Dingo wrote:
I still don't understand the way techniques work this time though. Are we going to need a cane for every four technique-types? how is that usefull?:S. Even armor takes more thought this time around, or I do not seem to get it. Isn't there a photon-type which protects against all elements?

When you say cane, you mean Rod's right? Just wanted to double check that. Though personally I'll call Rod weapons Staffs till the day I die. Rod just makes it sound like your gunna get struck by lightning or something. I dunno.

As for the photon shielding, little information is known (as least as far as I can find). There is no 'all-element' photon that we know of yet. As far as it is known there is, Fire, Ice, Thunder, Earth, Light, and Dark. We'll have to see come the full version of PSU if perhaps there will be a 'all-element' photon.

Though personally I don't think there will be. We might just end up switching on the fly for the correct elemental defense. /shrug

Junker
Aug 22, 2006, 12:47 PM
Ugg, the more I read about this stuff the more confusing it becomes!

mattdude
Aug 22, 2006, 12:49 PM
Yes i agree........ so confused...... what classes are there is there a link that any one know that i can see?

Junker
Aug 22, 2006, 12:50 PM
Im pretty sure there's just the three main classes, you know, Hunter, Ranger, and Force. Just seems so tedious to go back and forth between em.

AngelLight
Aug 22, 2006, 12:52 PM
http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Classes

mattdude
Aug 22, 2006, 12:52 PM
yah i agree, i like hunter, that was like my fav. didn't get far tho.....only played offline i got to.....lvl 34 or it was 38.....lol i should of play online on the GC.

Junker
Aug 22, 2006, 12:57 PM
Huh, that was helpful AngelLight.

AngelLight
Aug 22, 2006, 12:59 PM
glad to be a service to the community http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/doughboy.gif

VR-Raiden
Aug 22, 2006, 01:08 PM
I am choosing a cast for my character, and from what I've read they start out as rangers (correct me if I'm wrong). So does it cost anything to switch to hunter class immediately? I don't want to have to get money before I can even play as the class I want to >_< And if you ask me that kinda sux that you start out as a certain class because if you wanna switch right when you start, it will cost more later to switch again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Junker
Aug 22, 2006, 01:10 PM
Wait a sec, each race has a default class? So if you want to be somethin else at the start it costs money? That'd suck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Junker on 2006-08-22 11:10 ]</font>

VR-Raiden
Aug 22, 2006, 01:17 PM
From the page about Casts on PSUPedia, it says for their initial class and equipment: All casts start out as rangers. If that's true, I really hope the first time you switch classes it's free... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif can someone confirm this?

Kyuu
Aug 22, 2006, 01:18 PM
Yes, each race has a default starter class: ranger for casts, force for newmans, hunter for beasts and humans. You are given 100 meseta to start with, which is exactly how much it costs to change your class one time.

Also, just to make it clear, the levels you attain in your non-active class (for example, if your active class is FO, while you have previously attained 10 levels in HU) in no way affect your stats or abilities. You keep your Character Levels when you switch jobs, but you lose whatever abilites and stats you have gained through your Job Level. Character Levels and Job Levels are entirely seperate.

So, for example, if you got to level 10 HU and your Character Level was 40, then decided to switch to FO, you'd be starting at level 1 FO but your character would still be level 40. If you got to level 20 FO then decided you wanted to be a HU again, then you'd go back to being level 10 HU where you left off. Your HU levels wouldn't affect you while being a FO, and your FO levels wouldn't affect you while being a HU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-22 11:19 ]</font>

Junker
Aug 22, 2006, 01:21 PM
In a sense, each class is like a different mag, that levels up differently, but doesnt lieterally change your base stats. Alright, I get it now.

Parn
Aug 22, 2006, 01:23 PM
A screenshot version of the situation, I reached level 4 hunter when I was playing at the time I took these screens, and here's how my stats adjusted and what ranking I'd be with specific weapons if I'd switch to ranger level 1:
http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/beta/parn_ranger.jpg

And then force level 1:

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/beta/parn_force.jpg

AngelLight
Aug 22, 2006, 01:24 PM
heh yep, its like pigeonholing in WoW all over again, only this time its by the game itself instead of some crazy raid guild.

But its not a huge deal to change class so it doesn't limit you nearly as much as you might think.

Kyuu
Aug 22, 2006, 01:27 PM
On 2006-08-22 11:24, AngelLight wrote:
heh yep, its like pigeonholing in WoW all over again, only this time its by the game itself instead of some crazy raid guild.
Err... are you sure you know what pigeonholing means? Because I don't see the relevance, really.

VR-Raiden
Aug 22, 2006, 01:29 PM
On 2006-08-22 11:18, Kyuu wrote:
Yes, each race has a default starter class: ranger for casts, force for newmans, hunter for beasts and humans. You are given 100 meseta to start with, which is exactly how much it costs to change your class one time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-22 11:19 ]</font>

YAY! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for clearing that up, so I'm only missing out on 100 meseta. I'll just have to run straight to the class changing counter/building right away http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I guess that means it will cost more for me to switch later on though...oh well, I'm planning on going 100% hunter for as long as possible.

Oh I had another question http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Say you got your character to max lvl (100 or 200, whichever they make the max lvl) but didnt have all the class lvls maxed...could you gain stats as a MAX character lvl if you were leveling up a Class that you hadnt maxed out yet?

Like say you had lv20 hunter class (20 is the max, correct?) And your character level was max. Your ranger class was at lvl 1 because you only used hunter the whole time. So if you switched to Ranger class, could you gain stats from leveling that ranger class up, even though your character was already max level? I think that'd b cool.

I guess there's no way of knowing this for sure yet because no1 even knows what the max level is yet, but I was wondering.

Oh...I think I get it now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VR-Raiden on 2006-08-22 11:30 ]</font>

Junker
Aug 22, 2006, 03:40 PM
Huh, so if a weapon type is faded, that means you can't use it yet?

mechatra
Aug 22, 2006, 04:01 PM
On 2006-08-22 11:29, VR-Raiden wrote:
Oh I had another question http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Say you got your character to max lvl (100 or 200, whichever they make the max lvl) but didnt have all the class lvls maxed...could you gain stats as a MAX character lvl if you were leveling up a Class that you hadnt maxed out yet?

Like say you had lv20 hunter class (20 is the max, correct?) And your character level was max. Your ranger class was at lvl 1 because you only used hunter the whole time. So if you switched to Ranger class, could you gain stats from leveling that ranger class up, even though your character was already max level? I think that'd b cool.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VR-Raiden on 2006-08-22 11:30 ]</font>

Yes it should be totally possible to lvl a max chars job levels since the job levels and character levels are totally seperate.

AwakenSardis
Aug 22, 2006, 07:39 PM
Hey all! First time posting in the forums, but I have been living on everyone elses posts for some time now. Here is the question: If the cost of switching jobs increases each time you perform the act, does it ever max out cost wise (i hope so) and if it does max, what is the max cost?

zandra117
Aug 22, 2006, 08:57 PM
On 2006-08-22 10:43, Bleu wrote:
As for the photon shielding, little information is known (as least as far as I can find). There is no 'all-element' photon that we know of yet. As far as it is known there is, Fire, Ice, Thunder, Earth, Light, and Dark. We'll have to see come the full version of PSU if perhaps there will be a 'all-element' photon.

There is a neutral photon but it is more of a basic type of photon with no real advantage, It is green color.