PDA

View Full Version : bow going to the wrong place?

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 22, 2006, 09:54 AM
ok i seen some info that only the forces can use bows... if thats true what is up with that? my personal opinion is its a ranged weapon there for it should go to the rangers....but thats just me let me know what you guys think?

hypersaxon
Aug 22, 2006, 10:07 AM
Um, Rangers get much better weapons than Bows...

Shotgun FTW

EspioKaos
Aug 22, 2006, 10:08 AM
Bows are not force-exclusive weapons. Rangers can use them as well.

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 22, 2006, 10:15 AM
ok well ive seen places that have stated there a force only weapon, and its not the that the guns are better i just like the fact of using a bow it looks kool

EspioKaos
Aug 22, 2006, 10:20 AM
Initially, yes. The longbow can only be equipped by a force. However, after a ranger has leveled up their class a bit, they can start using them as well. Same with other weapons. The axe, for example, cannot be used by anyone at first from what we've seen, but eventually becomes equippable by hunters as they level up their class.

AngelLight
Aug 22, 2006, 10:23 AM
alot of the early info I saw had them as force focus weapons (not exclusive) as well. So imagine my surprise when I saw that only rangers will be able to use them to their fullest. Unless there's a clear advantage to using a bow or crossbow weapon over a rifle (for highest atp) or a shotgun (for crowd control and spreading out dmg evenly) then they just rendered two whole classes of weapons to just gimicks and goofing off. That's such a waste in my book. If they wanted to think outside the box some they should of made it so forces could use bows and crossbows and imbue them with special properties (in the same vein as the En- Spells for a Red Mage in FFXI) and have rank requirements as to what could be imbued (like have a continual anti...er...regene buff for imbued regene arrows and have it single shot from first person mode...or have arrows imbued with Grants or Megid or something else)....they could make up something that wasn't overpowered and still be unique to Forces.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 22, 2006, 10:26 AM
It's such a weak weapon. It makes sense for a nuker to at least be able to shoot arrows.

AngelLight
Aug 22, 2006, 10:34 AM
Honestly, I always felt that was what cards were for anyways...so I guess that cards are now going to be ranger weapons too? Gah, what ranger is going to want to use any of that. Wonder if slicers are now ranger weapons as well....

mattdude
Aug 22, 2006, 10:35 AM
What new proffestions are there?

AngelLight
Aug 22, 2006, 10:36 AM
same professions, with the addition of mix and match expert classes combos later

mattdude
Aug 22, 2006, 10:37 AM
oh that is cool thanks

hypersaxon
Aug 22, 2006, 10:52 AM
Cards are stupid, Bows are so much cooler.

Anything Yu-Gi-Oh! can die lol

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 22, 2006, 10:59 AM
indeed

mech259_
Aug 22, 2006, 11:30 AM
Because cards never existed before Yu-Gi-Oh.

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 22, 2006, 11:40 AM
pokemon cards did i belive.....

tank1
Aug 22, 2006, 11:42 AM
ROFL

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 22, 2006, 12:00 PM
eh oh well lol

Kyuu
Aug 22, 2006, 10:10 PM
... Mech259 was being sarcastic.

I personally liked the card weapons in PSO. Would be nice to see them make a return in PSU.

EtherForce
Aug 22, 2006, 11:38 PM
It makes sense imo that it'd be a Fo weapon, cause they can fight at a range without using tp and stuff - or sumthin, heh heh. Btw don't make me pull out my Purple Eyes Red Dragon, the overwhelmingness of it might make you faint!

Shadow_Wing
Aug 23, 2006, 02:13 AM
Magic cards did well before both.... But this is only a myth, a legend.... uhhhh.... Yu-Gi-Oh sucks!

Nuff said.

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 23, 2006, 02:16 AM
I smell http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif . . . this might get FKL'd >_>

Back on topic. Rangers can use bows at higher levels? I wanna picture.

*EDIT* Erm, needs to be the same character equipping ranger weapons and the bow <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SgtShligger on 2006-08-23 00:17 ]</font>