PDA

View Full Version : GameInformer previews PSU!! Possible new Story info! hoora

Saner
Aug 22, 2006, 01:47 PM
well I got free isues of gameinformer cause I guess I bought something at a store that gave me free trial issues for several months. well the September issue is the last
but I'm not gonna continue it since their news is sooooo late in comparison with how fast up to the minute news is found online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

but looking at it from the massive numbers out there who have no access to internet and only magazines, reading this stuff is a good persective to realize what an average person who doesn't know anything about the game is tuned in to.

but I must give them credit it seems they mention things I have not heard about.

"The game essentially plays out in a series of episodes that Sega estimates will take around 35-40 hours to complete.

During Ethan's fight to overcome various catastrophees, certain sections (called Trials) are timed and award bonus points and a score when completed. it seems logical that faster times or mroe throughout completion will offer unique rewards."

"PSU's single player has such as strong focus on replay and story that the episodic presentation is really interesting and makes the experience feel more managable.

There are even recaps and hints of what's to come at the beginning and end of each section--an idea announced for a few other games that sounds kind of goofy at first, but really works well to keep you excited about trying the next section."

wow so this means the episodes might be treated somewhat like Dragonball Z where like the beginning shows a summary of what happened and the end shows hints of what the next episode will involve! just like watching an anime with that kinda style! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

so ya this sounds very interesting! GameInformer hasn't tried the online play yet but it looks like things are really warming up for PSU's time in the spotlight! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-22 11:48 ]</font>

vitius137
Aug 22, 2006, 01:56 PM
That sounds cool. It makes me really want to try offline first >.<

ShinMaruku
Aug 22, 2006, 02:10 PM
Man, some of ye will never bless eeys on offline.

Natrokos
Aug 22, 2006, 02:44 PM
I'll have plenty of time to play offline when I lose my job (From playing psu online and being late.) And have to cut out luxeries (water,heat,food, and sadly the internet) to survive.

Saner
Aug 22, 2006, 02:56 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah you should not be late.

no overtime is worth losing a job over. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

-Crokar-
Aug 22, 2006, 02:58 PM
i lost my job because of video games

ShadowDragon28
Aug 22, 2006, 03:11 PM
No offense to fans/readers of GameInformer, that particular magzine is the worst videogme mag around.

IMO The writing quality in GameInformer is lacking, there writer/reviewers seem highly biased; fairly immature (via tacky and uneccassary comments and insults). They consitantly over-criticized Game Cube games or practically ignored them. Even excellent games, or cross-platform games that ran smoother or had smoother and crisper graphics on the GC where practically ignored. Coverage for games across the three systems was usually unbalanced IMO.

IMV the games for the "popular" consoles PS2 and X-Box high-profile, mega-hyped games got the most coverage and the highest praise when some of them didn't deserve quite such gushing ang glowing reviews and coverage.

I expect Game Informer to rate PSU on each platfrom a lower score than it deserves and lots of extra nit-picking comments. Heck, they trashed Phantasy Star 4 in a 'review" (more like a Flaming diatribe) when it came out on the Genesis back in 1994.

I give about as much credence to GameInformer as I give a annoying gnat buzzing by.

If "GameInformer" was more like "PLAY"magazine then it would actually be readible, instead of insulting, and making it feel like I was reading several pages of immature prattle IMNHO.

OnnaWren
Aug 22, 2006, 03:21 PM
PLAY, yay! Anyone else here in the US read GAMES TM or EDGE? If not, hie thine butts to the local Barnes & Noble and get reading! Expensive, maybe, but well worth it. Now THAT'S games journalism! XD

ColonD
Aug 22, 2006, 03:32 PM
Well, I guess we should keep an eye out for other magizine reviews.
Who gives the best ones around eh? ^_^

ShadowDragon28
Aug 22, 2006, 04:00 PM
"PLAY" magzine usually have decent reviews, some a little more fair than others. Well-written though.

Though with most reviews, should not be the main decider wether the game is good or sub-par.
Sometimes it'd better to *rent* from someplace like "GameFly" first. Since what constitutes a a good game is fairly subjective, and every gamer has certian things that they like, and certain things they don't like, with some gamers that really get bent out of shape by minor flaws; while others the minor flaws or minor drawbacks don't bother them.

Like the whole character sitting thing in PSU..very minor drawback blown-up by *some* into a massive nit-pick that didn't need to be b*tched about.

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 22, 2006, 04:13 PM
Not to mention that some magazine reviewers (looking right at you Game Informer!) sometimes won't even get a third of a page in which to write a review, so they have to blast it in as shallow or stupid a way as possible just so they can fill up that tiny bit of space, without mentioning its good parts or even addressing the flaws.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 22, 2006, 05:27 PM
Exactly. That's a good example of what I was refering too.

Alisha
Aug 22, 2006, 05:40 PM
you forgot to mention the cover of game informer is a billboard for sale =/

Sinue_v2
Aug 22, 2006, 05:53 PM
Not to mention that some magazine reviewers (looking right at you Game Informer!) sometimes won't even get a third of a page in which to write a review, so they have to blast it in as shallow or stupid a way as possible just so they can fill up that tiny bit of space, without mentioning its good parts or even addressing the flaws.

That's called the "X-Play" syndrome.

mattdude
Aug 22, 2006, 05:56 PM
my game informer should come to day or tomarrow.....

ShadowDragon28
Aug 22, 2006, 05:59 PM
eeek you mentioned "X-Painful", a show that should only be used as a method of torture for incarcerated prisoners... ranks right up there with having one's nails torn off, IMNHO.

Junker
Aug 22, 2006, 07:07 PM
Ugg... hate when magazines do that. Reviews are alot better when fan's of the series do them. The best fans arent biased as well, because they expect alot from their favorites.