Aug 22, 2006, 09:56 PM
Check it out, leave comments below-

http://pc.ign.com/articles/727/727216p1.html

Foxix
Aug 22, 2006, 10:05 PM
W00!~ go ign, way to show up that crappy gamespot*vomits* preview

Kyuu
Aug 22, 2006, 10:11 PM
You're a tad late. A link to that preview was already posted here: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=117469&forum=20&start=15&17.

Bleu
Aug 22, 2006, 10:16 PM
I guess the person who wrote that isn't a PSU fan.

Though I'm a little alarmed at the part where he says the action slowed to a painful crawl due to framerate issues on the X360. I'm getting the PC version so I'm just thinking of those people who are getting it for that system.

Foxix
Aug 22, 2006, 10:18 PM
Yes it is a tad late but it deserves a different thread as it's a different review, Kyuu

Bleu
Aug 22, 2006, 10:18 PM
On 2006-08-22 20:16, Bleu wrote:
I guess the person who wrote that isn't a PSU fan.

Though I'm a little alarmed at the part where he says the action slowed to a painful crawl due to framerate issues on the X360. I'm getting the PC version so I'm just thinking of those people who are getting it for that system.

Edit: Thanks for the link Kyuu. Didn't see that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Dhylec
Aug 22, 2006, 10:24 PM
The 360 version was particularly disappointing as it blurred out significant portions of the background, making it seem like the air had somehow attained an aqueous aspect. Framerate issues plagued the X360 version, with action slowing to a painful crawl with surprising regularity. Each character's fingers were poor as well, looking more like steak fries than multijointed digits. Visuals seemed most comfortable on the PS2, as the Xbox 360 seemed more like a high resolution and extremely blurry version of it.
360's graphics not so hot?

zandra117
Aug 22, 2006, 10:27 PM
Awesome preview, way more informative than gamespots.

Kyuu
Aug 22, 2006, 10:35 PM
I'd imagine the Xbox 360 version isn't as close to completion as the other two, and hence has more graphics glitches and performance problems (seeing as how it's to be released later). It will probably be much more polished by the time it's actually released.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 22, 2006, 10:56 PM
The one thing that's silly, is the writer's nitpick about the characters fingers... PSU was developed for the PS2, and was *not* developed for the 360.

It would take over a year to rework all the character and NPC models to meet uber super fantastical XBox 360 "standards" that graphixephiles expect.

Does the writer understand it was a demo disk and not the 100% total and final finished retail release of the game? It seemed as if he was reviewing the retail release, critiqueing(sp) it instead of simply previewing the game...

My question is; is it so difficult to simply *enjoy* PSU based on it's fun and gameplay?; instead of picking apart and nit-picking the graphics?....

Sev
Aug 22, 2006, 11:17 PM
On 2006-08-22 20:56, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
The one thing that's silly, is the writer's nitpick about the characters fingers... PSU was developed for the PS2, and was *not* developed for the 360.

It would take over a year to rework all the character and NPC models to meet uber super fantastical XBox 360 "standards" that graphixephiles expect.

Does the writer understand it was a demo disk and not the 100% total and final finished retail release of the game? It seemed as if he was reviewing the retail release, critiqueing(sp) it instead of simply previewing the game...

My question is; is it so difficult to simply *enjoy* PSU based on it's fun and gameplay?; instead of picking apart and nit-picking the graphics?....

I know what you mean. But it's their job to critique the game. They need to get all of their gripes out there to potential customers, in no way did they say "PSU is not a good game" but simply that there's things they didn't like here or there. The average gamer may not even know that this games been in development for awhile or that it was designed not for the 360, but for the PS2 and PC formats. It's their job to be critical, I don't have a problem with the graphics so I don't really care honestly.

Inspektahdek
Aug 22, 2006, 11:27 PM
I enjoyed it like I thought, alot more than Gamespots'

I think the guy who wrote the one at gamespot never really played pso all that much just had advisory on it

Velocity_7
Aug 23, 2006, 07:12 AM
IGN's had some pretty good coverage here, and at least gives us the rundown on what's hot and what's not. At least we get an idea of how the Xbox 360 version is faring and how SEGA needs to shape it up before October.

Saner
Aug 23, 2006, 07:49 AM
in a way this is a good critique from a site with a large reputation, this may encourage Sonic Team to fix the Xbox360 version's visuals and performance.

but I still think the Xbox360 might be behind schedule compared to the other versions.
so a sametime release is unlikely.

what's strange is that mentioned changing classes in story mode. I thought Ethan was all 3 classes at once? perhaps that's later on.

also they mention Synthesis shops. aren't Partner Machinery made for synthesis? oh right, Synthesis Shops are for purchasing grinders and materials for the actual synthesis , right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-23 05:58 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Aug 23, 2006, 08:06 AM
IGN sucks at life.

AngelLight
Aug 23, 2006, 08:43 AM
good review but they blasted the 360 version....hopefully running this on a high end Pc is not going to make it look glaring either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BaZ2
Aug 23, 2006, 09:11 AM
I guess it's just upscaled resoulution , but will just wait and see.

ShinMaruku
Sep 1, 2006, 08:52 PM
If it's merly upscakling then them muthafuckas are just lazy and I'm glad they did not even take to heart the PS3 becuase it'd kill them.

Nekomimi
Sep 1, 2006, 08:57 PM
No, Ethan is not all three classes at once in Story Mode. He starts as a Hunter and sometime in the second chapter (or maybe third) he is introduced to the girl at the Guardian's building who can change his class for him. Then you can choose to be whatever you want, although at least at the part of the game I'm in, guns are fairly rare except handguns and techniques are limited as well.

The only other type of gun is a rifle that I somehow managed to make myself through screwing around with the item creation system.