PDA

View Full Version : Rare Weapons?

luninja
Aug 23, 2006, 12:24 PM
I think that if PSO has rare weapons, shouldn't PSU too? If there are rare weapons, could someone show my a couple pics? Thanks

Saner
Aug 23, 2006, 12:29 PM
the game has not been released, yet they are definitely saving the rare weapons as a surprise.

there will be rares.

luninja
Aug 23, 2006, 12:33 PM
Okay, thanks, because if there wasn't any rares. The game would suck(no offense on anyone specifically or any body, my opinion)

HiKeRI
Aug 23, 2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah it would suck, cause i wanna see katanas

Ryna
Aug 23, 2006, 12:36 PM
There will definitely be "rares" in this game. They have a reddish tint to them. Whenever a player picks one up, the game announces the drop and recovery to everyone else.

Asim
Aug 23, 2006, 12:40 PM
Here are some weapons we believe to be rares, and they really must be.

http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Image:WeaponsArt.jpg

ulyoth
Aug 23, 2006, 12:41 PM
On 2006-08-23 10:36, Ryna wrote:
There will definitely be "rares" in this game. They have a reddish tint to them. Whenever a player picks one up, the game announces the drop and recovery to everyone else.

In the team or everyone on the server/block/lobby?

AngelLight
Aug 23, 2006, 12:41 PM
Can you explain more about the red tint? All rares are a red color or they drop in red boxes, or what exactly?

Ryna
Aug 23, 2006, 12:47 PM
On 2006-08-23 10:40, Asim wrote:
Here are some weapons we believe to be rares, and they really must be.

http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Image:WeaponsArt.jpg

There are several "standard" weapons in that picture. I believe the purpose of that drawing is to showcase several of the standard weapon shell types you'll see while playing the game.

On 2006-08-23 10:41, ulyoth wrote:
In the team or everyone on the server/block/lobby?

I believe it is to everyone that is in the team.

On 2006-08-23 10:41, AngelLight wrote:
Can you explain more about the red tint? All rares are a red color or they drop in red boxes, or what exactly?

Different items will have different ground-icon types associated with them. While playing closed beta, a "rare-item" (usually a Synthesis board or material) would have a reddish-orange tint to its normal ground icon.

Kyuu
Aug 23, 2006, 12:48 PM
All items of a certain rarity or above drop in the red-tinted tetrahedrons (or diamond-shaped box, if you prefer), much like it happened in PSO.

And you play games in an instanced team of six. Only they get the message about the rare drop and who it went to, of course.

Also, the weapons in that drawing aren't necessarily rare. Some of the names, in fact, lead me to believe that they definitely aren't. One of the machine guns is labeled simply "GRM Machine Gun." I find it unlikely they'd name a rare machine gun "Machine Gun."

AngelLight
Aug 23, 2006, 12:48 PM
so in essence its a variation of the red boxes we all have dreams (nightmares) of. Ok Thanks

Saner
Aug 23, 2006, 12:59 PM
well aren't they called Mechguns by default?

Machine Gun could pass for a rare name. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Emrald
Aug 23, 2006, 01:20 PM
I would rather have a mechgun then a machine gun!

Mewn
Aug 23, 2006, 01:21 PM
The GRM Machinegun is a 1* Machinegun type. Similar to the naming system in PSO, the weapon type is often named after the 1* GRM model of that particular weapon type (e.g. Saber is named after the 1* GRM Saber 'Saber'), there might be exceptions though.

Several of those weapons quite clearly aren't rare. Some of them, on the other hand, do appear to be rare. The most obvious example is the Kubara Magical Wand, though of course actual details on the weapons aren't currently available.

On another note, something I found a week or so back:

http://mewn.psupedia.org/PSU/Misc/BulletMasterSynth.jpg
A synthesis screen of what appears to be a GRM weapon called 'Bullet Master'. I very much believe it to be rare because of the high number of Imuphotons required (15!), the fact that it requires a rare material in itself (the ore Cereselin, which is, IIRC, 7*), the fact that it requires Parum Ebon as a wood (I believe that Ebon is used for the creation of 7-9* weapons, not sure on that one though) and the fact that the synth board has only one possible use.

Still there's nothing to say that the weapon hasn't been changed in any way since the movie that I took that pic from was made, but I'll be interested to see if I can find and make it on PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 01:43 PM
Wait a sec, you can forge weapons?

Mewn
Aug 23, 2006, 01:58 PM
You can create pretty much any item in the game with Item Synthesis, as long as you have the right Board and Materials (and succeed in making the item).

http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2433

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 23, 2006, 02:01 PM
ok just so you guys know i have seen pictures of rares they were 2 katana type weapons i dont remeber what site but ill look for it and ill post link on here when i find it

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 02:04 PM
Huh, sounds awesome. But at the same time, tedious.

Arias
Aug 23, 2006, 02:18 PM

Oooooh, me likes!!!!!

And forging weapons?
Man, when I heard I couldn't run PSU on this pc I was down and stopped following the news about PSU, but now I can get myself a PS2 for it, 1000s of new things are showing up:D

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 02:26 PM
Haha, sounds like you're happy.

Saner
Aug 24, 2006, 05:18 AM
are you sure they were katanas?

maybe they were the manufacturer brand that makes broad tip sabers?

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 24, 2006, 07:16 AM
i am absolutly possitve i love katanas i would remember katanas i have an obsesion with them lol

Kyuu
Aug 24, 2006, 01:27 PM
I think that saying you can make "pretty much any item in the game" through Item Synthesis is going a bit much. Not to mention, that link you posted to doesn't say that. You can make most (if not all) of the restoration items through it, as well as grinders, and the recent PSU developers' blog entry says that some of the strongest items items in the game can be made through Item Synthesis. However, I find it likely that there will be plenty of rares and certain items that can only be found through drops.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 24, 2006, 01:40 PM
if katanas are in this game, that would be super awesome!

Zeota
Aug 24, 2006, 01:44 PM
It could've very well just been a Youmei brand saber.

Saner
Aug 24, 2006, 03:14 PM
ya if it was a katana it would be metal, not photon.

Calamity
Aug 24, 2006, 03:43 PM
i'd like sumtin like the double cannon tho if any rare weapon cuz that is one sweet weapon

IhateUrHate
Aug 24, 2006, 11:33 PM
if they do have katanas in PSU..........forget about it. Im right there with Kakashi_Xero with the obsessions of katanas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IhateUrHate on 2006-08-24 21:38 ]</font>

StarWind09
Aug 25, 2006, 08:58 AM
hmmm...
with the announcement of double professions does anyone know if it will be possible to make a hybrid type weapon?
may sound foolish but stuff like in FF8 with gunblades or guns that fire magic or swords that have some magic special attacks?

MattMattic
Sep 29, 2006, 03:05 PM
The Beam gun looks like it has a silencer on it. Pretty Sweet!

Scirrocco
Sep 29, 2006, 03:22 PM
How can you have double professions? Isn't there only one crafting profession?

And i wonder if those katanas might have actually been light elemental sabers. They would kind of look like katanas.