PDA

View Full Version : Expert Type Classes Elaborated - TL needed

Velocity_7
Aug 23, 2006, 02:18 PM
http://blog.phantasystaruniverse.jp/

Looks like Miyoshi-san has decided to reveal some stuff regarding Expert-Type classes in his most recent blog post. Check it out.

ShinMatsumoto
Aug 23, 2006, 02:24 PM
Hmm.

Interesting.

Now, since I have almost no command of the Japanese language's written art...

Any idea what it's saying?

The pictures are nifty at least.

*anime sweatdrop...*

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 02:24 PM
Yea... nice...slashing...

SephYuyX
Aug 23, 2006, 02:29 PM
このようにPSUでは、より派手な戦闘や、キャラクタ ーの育成を色々な方向から楽しみながら、自分のスタイル を大事にして遊んでい*事ができるようになっています 。

Im just glad they realized that. No more generics.

Ok. Apperintly this board doesnt support Japanese encoding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-08-23 12:31 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 23, 2006, 02:37 PM
Whoa... there are so many expert classes...

Lyrise
Aug 23, 2006, 02:44 PM
Though judging from the screens provided you are able to mix classes as well. It also says that if you're really willing to go the distance, and put one combat type (the classes basically) to an extreme point, you just might be able to take it (The class itself) to the next level. A second class of sorts, and IMO one that's most likely even higher than what you'd get through mixing classes (It's mentioned in there and described as high-class/top-tier.)

Other than that, a lot of the stuff posted is stuff we already pandered about. How levels work, how synthesis is going to output some of the strongest equips you can have. how grinding a weapon can greatly increase the power.

Also says to check back tomorrow for more info on the "charming aspects of battle".

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 02:45 PM
Are you saying there's going to be like, Class Ups?

Mewn
Aug 23, 2006, 02:46 PM
It's really interesting to see both a hybrid HU/RA class and what appears to be an advanced version of the Hunter. I wonder - with their apparent ability to wield A and S-Rank Weapons from the get-go - what their stats will be like in comparison to the three basic classes, hmm.....

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 02:49 PM
Wow, that's... insane.

Lyrise
Aug 23, 2006, 02:52 PM
On 2006-08-23 12:45, Junker wrote:
Are you saying there's going to be like, Class Ups?

From what was said and the image attached, it could very well be the case. Because there you'll see images for a standard hunter, a hunter/ranger hybrid (with S level ability on some weapons and A levels on Ranger weapons), and the 3rd looks to me what a powered up hunter would be (basically S level on every single hunter weapon, and an A on the handgun, which is the only gun a standard hunter could use).

Also note how when mixing classes, they become a class of their own, and are not drawing from the levels of your base classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-08-23 12:55 ]</font>

Parn
Aug 23, 2006, 02:56 PM
So next begs the question... is one able to play all of the class variations in Final Fantasy XI's style, or is there a cap to how many job levels we're allowed? Should be interesting. With what's presented, I'll definitely be taking the purely-hunter oriented route... ORAKIANS 4 LIFE YO.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 23, 2006, 03:00 PM
Agreed, I wants my ultimate ranger power! Wren for life!

Natrokos
Aug 23, 2006, 03:08 PM
Hmmmmm. I can't seem to connect to the link...Any info about Forces? Especially something along the lines of a HUFO?

Mewn
Aug 23, 2006, 03:10 PM
The RA/HU path seems most interesting to me. I like the idea of being able to fire on enemies and debilitate them with Status Effects before moving into melee and finishing them off, heh.

Natrokos
Aug 23, 2006, 03:11 PM
Hmmmmm. I can't seem to connect to the link...Any info about Forces? Especially something along the lines of a HUFO?

PJ
Aug 23, 2006, 03:14 PM
This is getting me excited for my Fo/Hu, and Hu/Fo hybrids http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 03:17 PM
Im gonna be pure POWER.

Natrokos
Aug 23, 2006, 03:20 PM
Sorry about the triple post? For some reason my computer is being worse than normal today

Natrokos
Aug 23, 2006, 03:22 PM
On 2006-08-23 13:14, PJ wrote:
This is getting me excited for my Fo/Hu, and Hu/Fo hybrids http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I know exactly how you feel. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 03:33 PM
Just when you thought PSU was awesome enough... THIS.

Tycho
Aug 23, 2006, 04:05 PM
Is it just me, or does the scrolling bar in the picture imply there will be ten rather than nine classes with the old ones included? (This (http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up2337.jpg) image is better by the way.)

Saner
Aug 23, 2006, 04:18 PM
what are the requirements to unlock these new classes? getting S ranks in all/most weapons of that class or a high exp level or if dual-classing, then mastering all weapons in both classes or what? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 04:19 PM
That sounds reasonable... but we really have no idea... or DO WE?

DizzyDi
Aug 23, 2006, 04:21 PM
On 2006-08-23 14:18, Saner wrote:
what are the requirements to unlock these new classes? getting S ranks in all/most weapons of that class or a high exp level or if dual-classing, then mastering all weapons in both classes or what? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I think a high level class will be needed, and maybe mastering a MAJORITY of the weapons associated with what you want to do, with both classes if you want to dual-class or just with your single class if you wanna go ultimate. Maybe if a quest to unlock the ability to dual class or master class.

I definately want to master HU with my main beast character.

Arrow203
Aug 23, 2006, 04:24 PM
think a high level class will be needed, and maybe mastering a MAJORITY of the weapons associated with what you want to do, with both classes if you want to dual-class or just with your single class if you wanna go ultimate.

Ok now "if you wanna go ultimate" <= what's that mean? if you stay single class you will do better some how? or what..?

Foxix
Hmmm am I the only one concerned about this? There have to be penalties of some sort to balance out the classes, other wise the combo class with the S/A rank in 2/3 of the weapon types would slaughter everything.... just like a hacked unsealed J sword....

Well unless it only affects the weapons your able to use. How the hell do stats work then O_o? This is certainly interesting.

Junker
and Ill do the same with a Human. Even though maybe I'm not taking advantage of the Humans ability to Multi-Class... uhh... well I've still got pretty balanced stats.

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 04:26 PM
Yea, like... becoming Super-Hunter... as in... well I'm guessing you get better level up and the Max Level isnt 20 anymore.

DizzyDi
Aug 23, 2006, 04:29 PM
On 2006-08-23 14:24, Foxix wrote:
Hmmm am I the only one concerned about this? There have to be penalties of some sort to balance out the classes, other wise the combo class with the S/A rank in 2/3 of the weapon types would slaughter everything.... just like a hacked unsealed J sword....

Well unless it only affects the weapons your able to use. How the hell do stats work then O_o? This is certainly interesting.

I think the weapons rating only effects how far you can upgrade the weapon's specific special attacks. Like how hunters have PA's, an S rank will probably allow you to max out the PA's on whatever weapon you have S rank with. Doesn't matter how many weapons you have mastered to S rank, cause if you don't specialize what weapons you want to use, your PA's won't be as strong, because the PA's only get better with the more use and if you're using all kinds of weapons then you're spreading yourself out too thin.

On 2006-08-23 14:24, Arrow203 wrote:

think a high level class will be needed, and maybe mastering a MAJORITY of the weapons associated with what you want to do, with both classes if you want to dual-class or just with your single class if you wanna go ultimate.

Ok now "if you wanna go ultimate" <= what's that mean? if you stay single class you will do better some how? or what..?

Yeah if you focus on ONE SINGLE CLASS, you'll master it and get an S rank on all the weapons associated with that class. I think you'll also get better stats or something, I'unno exactly. Ask a translator.

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 04:40 PM
I glad theres not a specific Level you have to be at to equip things... just Rank... right?

Velocity_7
Aug 23, 2006, 05:36 PM
Correct, only your rank determines if you can equip a weapon.

Junker
Aug 23, 2006, 05:42 PM
Noice.

Arrow203
Aug 23, 2006, 11:37 PM
ok so let me get this strait, if you stay as a pure single job you can master you weps faster and maybe get better stats?

A2K
Aug 24, 2006, 12:32 AM
It sounds like there's more to it than simple class combinations, although this update doesn't seem to reveal much more than what we expected. The "unique weapon-equip/stat combo" part has me thinking...

Perhaps there will be a "quick hit"/ninja type HU/RA advanced class where fast-firing guns, claws, daggers and the like will get S rank, coupled with lower attack stats but high evasion etc.

Maybe FOs will diverge into "attack" and "support" categories, with increased growth in the appropriate categories. Or not--I'm not 100% sure if it's possible. If there's one stat for healing AND attack power then no, I guess it isn't a possibility...

Maybe "quick recovery of PP" will be a class somehow. High endurance stat, is it? Lower others for balance. Or not. The catch would be you wouldn't be able to equip high-rank "heavy" 2-hand weapons, since being able to do their assumedly more powerful Photon Arts would probably break the balance too much.

Meh... the blog really just didn't tell us enough, although it's nice to get a little more.

EnixBelmont
Aug 24, 2006, 02:09 AM
On 2006-08-23 22:32, A2K wrote:
It sounds like there's more to it than simple class combinations, although this update doesn't seem to reveal much more than what we expected. The "unique weapon-equip/stat combo" part has me thinking...

Perhaps there will be a "quick hit"/ninja type HU/RA advanced class where fast-firing guns, claws, daggers and the like will get S rank, coupled with lower attack stats but high evasion etc.

Maybe FOs will diverge into "attack" and "support" categories, with increased growth in the appropriate categories. Or not--I'm not 100% sure if it's possible. If there's one stat for healing AND attack power then no, I guess it isn't a possibility...

Maybe "quick recovery of PP" will be a class somehow. High endurance stat, is it? Lower others for balance. Or not. The catch would be you wouldn't be able to equip high-rank "heavy" 2-hand weapons, since being able to do their assumedly more powerful Photon Arts would probably break the balance too much.

Meh... the blog really just didn't tell us enough, although it's nice to get a little more.

That's what I'm definitely hoping. I would love to be a thief-like character. I am in every other MMO or RPG I play that I can, and this would kick ass as well.

Pengfishh
Aug 24, 2006, 03:06 AM
A thought: specific expert types based on specific weapons? Say, initial Hunter class is your general little class, many weapon choices, but not able to get to S-Rank in all of them, yet along comes Expert Class for spears or swords or twin sabers to say, "you may use that S-Rank spear, my son."

But the screen shot says "no, son" so forget it.

Saner
Aug 24, 2006, 03:43 AM
well ya it's faster to master weapons of one class than mastering weapons of 2 classes.

Shiwayari
Aug 24, 2006, 10:33 AM
On 2006-08-23 15:36, Velocity_7 wrote:

eh.. in the latest news it says:
"Please keep in mind that in addition to having stat requirements, weapons also have grade requirements."

so is that wrong?
cuz i wouldn't like it if just rank was required.

Ryna
Aug 24, 2006, 10:41 AM
On 2006-08-24 08:33, Shiwayari wrote:

On 2006-08-23 15:36, Velocity_7 wrote:

eh.. in the latest news it says:
"Please keep in mind that in addition to having stat requirements, weapons also have grade requirements."

so is that wrong?
cuz i wouldn't like it if just rank was required.

There are also stat requirements (at least there was in the closed beta). If you look through this translation guide, you'll see instances where you need to meet certain requirements:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2431

Emrald
Aug 24, 2006, 10:45 AM
This is all to confusing...I'll stick three pures and one all around

Ryna
Aug 24, 2006, 10:53 AM
On 2006-08-24 08:45, coolcat33333 wrote:
This is all to confusing...I'll stick three pures and one all around

At the moment, we know very little about how Expert mode will work. So, it is understandable if you are confused.

Mewn
Aug 24, 2006, 10:58 AM
That's the point really; release just enough information to get people interested, without giving the whole game away http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

butzopower
Aug 24, 2006, 11:00 AM
Totally pointed out four months ago that the class box seemed like it had room for a lot more text:

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=110862&forum=20&start=0&15#8

AngelLight
Aug 24, 2006, 11:23 AM
well in the pics, the classes and their levels are blurred out (looks like on purpose)....so this sounds like Epic classes that Blizz was talking about (but didnt do) or like Tier 3 jobs of RF online.....They prolly dont want the names out yet till official release.

Since we're so close to JP release...I'd imagine we'll know all about expert classes, multiclassing, and rank reqs very very soon.

Inspektahdek
Aug 24, 2006, 11:30 AM
On 2006-08-23 13:11, Natrokos wrote:

Umm, they had a HUFO, it was called a FOmar in Episode III

I'd like to know more force information myself but it seems thats of the prime things they havent shown or given info for. the question is why why why?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kyuu
Aug 24, 2006, 01:21 PM
That's Episode II. Episode III was the card battle game (which I personally enjoyed, btw). FOmars aren't really relevant, however, since the class system works very differently in PSU.

Don't worry about it. There will be a HUFO option of some sort. Just don't expect it to work the same as it did in PSO.

zandra117
Aug 24, 2006, 02:13 PM
HuFo was a Hunewearl in PSO, FoHu was a Fomar in PSO.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 24, 2006, 02:38 PM
it would be nice to have a HU/RA, so I can get the added effect of increased ATA and EVP. hope this gives more to PSU than just HUbeast, RAcast/caseal, and FOnewm/newearl.

Saner
Aug 24, 2006, 03:12 PM
HU/FO all the way! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ya people can laugh but lets see them laugh when they are low on HP and out of monomates and beg me to heal them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

zandra117
Aug 24, 2006, 03:40 PM
Im gonna remake Arawen my Hunewearl but instead of her being a HuFo, Im gonna raise her as a RaFo, Mostly ranger and a moderate force.

DizzyDi
Aug 24, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-08-23 12:52, Lyrise wrote:

Also note how when mixing classes, they become a class of their own, and are not drawing from the levels of your base classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-08-23 12:55 ]</font>

On 2006-08-23 22:32, A2K wrote:

I'm pretty much supplementing what A2K said. It seems that mixing two classes together will give you some sorta new class all together. So the class system is a lot more diverse than what we expected at first. And could allow for some melee-forcing like a lot of people have been fiending for.

Bigmatt
Aug 24, 2006, 05:14 PM
"It is what, what you look at CM of your own game embarrassedly is potato.
Even, we want the person who a little looked at CM, that when you make think, it is to be good but"
I beleve this is the best thing google translator has ever said. And just so everyone knows they put up another interveiw today and I think it has to do with gameplay.
"For example, you blow the photon arts and there are some where the effect of throwing and launching has been attached.
When you raise also technique, the down effect is attached."
I think I'm starting to understand this is the sad part ._.;

Edit: Also"The probability which hits is calculated from performance figure, but when to tell the truth it attacks from true rear, any attack hits 100%.
With saying, because the monster naturally faces to the prayer, you cannot take rear easily.
Then cooperation play becomes heart."
Sounds really intresting, Provoke anyone <_<?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bigmatt on 2006-08-24 15:43 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Aug 24, 2006, 07:16 PM
On 2006-08-24 15:14, Bigmatt wrote:
"It is what, what you look at CM of your own game embarrassedly is potato.
Even, we want the person who a little looked at CM, that when you make think, it is to be good but"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bigmatt on 2006-08-24 15:43 ]</font>

What? Potatoes? In MY PSU?

phunk
Aug 24, 2006, 07:23 PM
So its sort of a system where you can sub another class then, adding the class' abilities to yours?

Reminds me of the subjob system from FFXI.

Nika
Aug 24, 2006, 10:19 PM
Can someone see the job name ? it is so small I can see only the selected job which is called "....... Fighter"

If this expert job just combine between 2 job then it mean that it has only 6 expert job and the job above ,which all S-rank melee weapon, should be the combination betwwen 2 hunter job (HunterxHunter lol)

Junker
Aug 24, 2006, 10:33 PM
Good point. I think.

Uncle_bob
Aug 24, 2006, 11:57 PM
I'm excited to see how the properties of the common potato will tie into the class mechanics.

AngelLight
Aug 25, 2006, 07:28 AM
So if you're guaranteed 100% hit rate from behind, then this will be taking on alot more of the properties of other MMOs then it normally did. Most likely, this will mean you'll want a tank in party settings to expose a target's back side. Of course the mobile nature of PS in general online wise means you dont have to have this, but good party coordination and assigned roles will give an advantage it seems.

Should be interesting....