PDA

View Full Version : How about a US/EU demo Sega?

MrPOW
Aug 23, 2006, 03:19 PM
With the game's release quickly approaching I dont really see this happening, but I was thinking... Sega has recently delivered a demo of the game to most of the major gaming press that has the first 3 story missions playable. Meanwhile, in Japan players have gotten closed betas of both the PC and PS2 versions of the game. What about US/EU players?

I think Sega should take this recent playable English demo and include it in an upcoming issue of OPM magazine (that is the one that comes with the demo disc, right? I don't read it...) and/or put a downloadable PC demo online. After seeing all of the cool stuff they're getting over in Japan I think it would only be fair, and could help drive hype/sales of the game over here. Again, I think it might too late to see this happen, but what does everyone else think? Maybe we should email Sega =P.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrPOW on 2006-08-23 13:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrPOW on 2006-08-23 13:21 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Aug 23, 2006, 03:42 PM
they could do it with oxm but they should make it suscriber exclusive so a bunch of peole dont just go out to buy the mag just for the demo and throw out the magazine(i know people like this).

OnnaWren
Aug 23, 2006, 04:02 PM
Fat chance that we'll see one anyway (quietly begs for a miracle)...

Saner
Aug 23, 2006, 04:02 PM
if they wanna promote it on Xbox360, a downloadable trailer at marketplace would be obvious.

a marketplace downloadable demo might be good too but of course not the online portion included, cause its too late to have a US beta.

vitius137
Aug 23, 2006, 04:25 PM
On 2006-08-23 13:42, -Crokar- wrote:
they could do it with oxm but they should make it suscriber exclusive so a bunch of peole dont just go out to buy the mag just for the demo and throw out the magazine(i know people like this).

lol, thats what I would do XP

Actually I would read the magazine but I'm not a subscriber to any magazines right now (saving for PSU online)

MrPOW
Aug 23, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-08-23 13:42, -Crokar- wrote:

Well in all honesty I wouldn't care about the magazine either, only about getting my hands on the demo. The magazine demo disc pack-in route just seemed like the most obvious one if Sega were to in fact release an English demo of some kind. I mentioned OPM rather than OXM because previews of the recently available Xbox 360 demo haven't been very favorable (as least as far as the graphics are concerned).

Really though, this whole idea is just me being impatient about knowing the game comes out in japan in about a week and not even having a concrete US date yet. But...it is a good idea, isn't it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrPOW on 2006-08-23 14:32 ]</font>

vitius137
Aug 23, 2006, 04:35 PM
Curse sonic team in Japan not letting us try a PSU demo. WE WATCH ANIME TOO, LET US PLAY PSU T_T

MrPOW
Aug 23, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-08-23 14:35, vitius137 wrote:
Curse sonic team in Japan not letting us try a PSU demo. WE WATCH ANIME TOO, LET US PLAY PSU T_T

I'm willing to bet that it's more SOA's fault than Sonic Team's =

OnnaWren
Aug 23, 2006, 05:12 PM
Five meseta will net you ten... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Emrald
Aug 23, 2006, 05:26 PM
lol this is ture

Pacpunk
Aug 23, 2006, 08:09 PM
I WISH if they had a beta i would have something to do for a month before it comes out. lol

IhateUrHate
Aug 23, 2006, 10:35 PM
i had this same question. and i would love for this to happen, but its really unlikey =/

HiKeRI
Aug 23, 2006, 10:43 PM
Ive been waiting awhile now, bought gamez... finished em, went on vacation for a month or two, now im back in collage waiting for the game to come out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saner
Aug 24, 2006, 04:44 AM
well depending on when the Xbox360 version comes out, they might at least release a trailer at marketplace. they should do at least that next month to start promoting the US version. the Sonic trailer has been out for months now. yet that doesnt come until November.

PSU magazine ads might start to appear in the next 2 months. but I think next month, with Japan's release already available, SOA might then get the green light to start promoting PSU here.

it won't be as grand a promotion as they have done in Japan, but at least we'll get a more solid date sooner.

Niki
Aug 24, 2006, 01:08 PM
There's a chance you'll see something like the Premier Disc States-side, perhaps even EU, but I think that chance is pretty slim.

I don't think Sega would bother to localise a demo, which is a guaranteed money pit, though they may build a demo of the localised US/EU versions. After all, way crappier games have been demo'd. But I agree with Saner that if it does happen, it will be miniscule in comparison to what we've seen in JP.

EtherForce
Aug 24, 2006, 02:19 PM
I don't get why people say it's too late to get a beta. Would it not be a good idea for them to test the English servers before they release the English version? They had seperate betas for BlueBurst. I don't get it, what do you guys know that I don't?

Saner
Aug 24, 2006, 03:09 PM
okay so its possible there might be a US beta. might.

qoxolg
Aug 24, 2006, 03:42 PM
Don't get your hopes up for that... there is no real reason why they should beta test a game with this small amount of users.

And demo's most of the time only appear AFTER a game is released.. except some games on XBL marketplace (Lost Planet, Test Driver Unlimited, Saints Row...) And as far as I know SoA and SoE don't really care for the Phantasy Star series overhere. But the 360 version is still far away >_>

I think the PC demo will arrive when the game is out.

IhateUrHate
Aug 24, 2006, 04:25 PM
even if its just the offline demo of PSU, JUST GIVE ME A GODDAM DEMO!!!!!!!! xD

MrPOW
Aug 24, 2006, 04:34 PM
On 2006-08-24 11:08, Niki wrote:
There's a chance you'll see something like the Premier Disc States-side, perhaps even EU, but I think that chance is pretty slim.

I don't think Sega would bother to localise a demo, which is a guaranteed money pit, though they may build a demo of the localised US/EU versions. After all, way crappier games have been demo'd. But I agree with Saner that if it does happen, it will be miniscule in comparison to what we've seen in JP.

Did you read my intial post? I was asking for the recent demo that was sent out to the press, which is just the first three story missions. It's already localized. Gamespot has videos and all the dialog, both text and spoken, is in English. I don't expect any kind of online demo, they've done all the testing they need as far as that goes in Japan already. I just dont see why it would be very hard to put the aforementioned English demo on one of those demo discs that come with the official Playstation magazine every month.

mattdude
Aug 24, 2006, 04:35 PM
Quote=even if its just the offline demo of PSU, JUST GIVE ME A GODDAM DEMO!!!!!!!! xD

I totally agree with this, I mean i didn't get to play PSU on the beta, an I just hope that there is a mini demo that I an play, before the real game comes out..

Niki
Aug 24, 2006, 06:18 PM
MrPOW : Hm. Apparently I didn't read it well enough. I suspect however, several mags may end up fighting for rights to an English demo. If they don't, they're none-too-bright.

EtherForce
Aug 25, 2006, 07:30 AM
they've done all the testing they need as far as that goes in Japan

I'd agree with this if we were to be joining the Japanese servers but I thought the English version is having it's own servers.