PDA

View Full Version : Want those PSU figurines?

Parn
Aug 24, 2006, 04:40 PM
You can place your pre-orders for them at NCS (http://www.ncsx.com/2006/082106/ncs0821h.htm). As a reminder, they also sell Netcash cards (http://www.ncsx.com/2006/082106/ncs0821u.htm), and the import game as well for PC and PS if you still haven't pre-ordered.

-Shimarisu-
Aug 24, 2006, 05:48 PM
Stop fucking advertising that damn store. Surely this coiunts as solicitation? Ie you're advertising a profit making venture.

It's not allowed on this site last I checked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-08-24 15:50 ]</font>

Inazuma
Aug 24, 2006, 05:58 PM
shimarisu is right. this kind of blatant spam has no place at a forum such as this. no one who visits this forum has any interest in video games such as phantasy star universe.

note to mods: please remove everything psu related on this forum, b/c no one here is interested -_-

Kyuu
Aug 24, 2006, 05:59 PM
Surely you're overreacting just a tad? As far as I've seen, this is the first time Parn has made a thread to link people to that site. Also, unless I'm mistaken, Parn has no ties to that business and therefore doesn't stand to profit from its sales.

Seems to me like he just wanted to inform PSOWers of a place where we can obtain some PSU merchandise that people have expressed interest in previously.

Although perhaps it is against the rules, I'm not sure.

Edit: Beaten by Inazuma, and humbled by the force of his sarcasm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-24 16:01 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Aug 24, 2006, 06:01 PM
Inazuma: If I opened an import site selling PSU stuff I would not be allowed to advertise it.

NCS are plugged all over the site. It's double standards and it's wrong. They are a corporate importer. You can buy this stuff off small sellers all over the internet, but no small seller can advertise, yet NCS who put a stranglehold on all the smaller traders can.

How is this right?

-Shimarisu-
Aug 24, 2006, 06:02 PM
On 2006-08-24 15:59, Kyuu wrote:
Surely you're overreacting just a tad? As far as I've seen, this is the first time Parn has made a thread to link people to that site. Also, unless I'm mistaken, Parn has no ties to that business and therefore doesn't stand to profit from its sales.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-24 16:01 ]</font>

That's besides the point, if somebody on here linked to my auctions the post would be removed.

Niki
Aug 24, 2006, 06:03 PM
Is there a blacklist feature for PSOW?

Thanks for the heads-up, Parn.

ricodead
Aug 24, 2006, 06:04 PM
Guess anyone can now play Japanese import (PSU) thanks to NCSX and their NETCASH.

Excellent service, FTW

And they sell NETCASH to you without the need for you to be on their 'buddy list' ^ ^

-Shimarisu-
NCS sure do have a sweet tight ass, right guys?

beatrixkiddo
Yay blacklists! Ignoring people makes all the bad stuff go away =^.^=

-Shimarisu-
Aug 24, 2006, 06:05 PM
It's a shit service. It will let all the idiots on, because they don't care about screening the players.

Kyuu
Aug 24, 2006, 06:05 PM
On 2006-08-24 16:01, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Inazuma: If I opened an import site selling PSU stuff I would not be allowed to advertise it.
Correct. However, I don't believe NCS is owned by Parn, nor does he have any ties to it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

While solicitation is disallowed, I don't really think it's soliciting if Parn has no ties to the business nor is getting paid to advertise it.

If there are other sites offering those figurines for sale to importers, then perhaps you could let us know?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-24 16:11 ]</font>

Alielle
Aug 24, 2006, 06:07 PM
On 2006-08-24 15:48, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Stop fucking advertising that damn store. Surely this coiunts as solicitation? Ie you're advertising a profit making venture.

It's not allowed on this site last I checked.

Eat your heart out.

Thanks for the heads-up, Parn!

-Shimarisu-
Aug 24, 2006, 06:07 PM
On 2006-08-24 16:05, Kyuu wrote:

While solicitation is disallowed, I don't really think it's soliciting if Parn has no ties to the business nor is getting paid to advertise it.

If there are other sites offering those figurines for sale to importers, then perhaps you could let us know?

OK, it's like this.

I don't have a site. I sell on eBay.

It's the same type of import business as NCS. I'm not even selling PSU stuff atm, but it'S besides the point.

If I did, and somebody linked to it, that post would be removed.

It is double standards and it's wrong.

ricodead
Aug 24, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-08-24 16:05, -Shimarisu- wrote:
It's a shit service. It will let all the idiots on, because they don't care about screening the players.

Yussssss!

Maybe with your language, your one of the players that should be screened for pre approval.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 24, 2006, 06:09 PM
You realize that Shimarisu lives in Japan and therefore, is fully entitled to play JP PSU, right?

RLoge21
Aug 24, 2006, 06:09 PM
We all get the hint that NCS exists so theres no point in mentioning it constantly >_<.

Kyuu
Aug 24, 2006, 06:13 PM
That's besides the point, if somebody on here linked to my auctions the post would be removed.That would be advertising something you're profiting from, so I don't really see your point. It's not against the rules to link to EBay auctions if they're relevant to the forum topic (PSU, in this case), and you're not blatantly advertising something you stand to profit from. Yes, you can't link your own Ebay auctions to try and get them sold. I don't see how that's a double standard, as this case is not related at all. Parn isn't linking his own auctions, or a business he has any ties to. Linking to sites that sell stuff isn't against forum rules.

I think an earlier poster nailed it on the head: an import site who will sell you Netcash without having to be on your "buddy list." Now who was it again who made a thread advertising his selling of Netcash to people at his own discresion...

Sinue_v2
Aug 24, 2006, 06:14 PM
Keep up the good posting Parn. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

By the way, nobody said a fucking word to me when I posted links to McVans Video Games here in Fort Wayne in order to help other members find both Phantasy Star games and hard to find Dreamcast titles.

So if you want to bring a hammer down on him, bring it down on me too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-08-24 16:17 ]</font>

RLoge21
Aug 24, 2006, 06:14 PM
My post was addressed to the starter of the thread.

ricodead
Aug 24, 2006, 06:15 PM
On 2006-08-24 16:09, beatrixkiddo wrote:
You realize that Shimarisu lives in Japan and therefore, is fully entitled to play JP PSU, right?

Yes think thats been mentioned, a lot.

The question was raised by her about letting unsuitable players online with the game.

Maybe she should look at herself and her own behaviour before throwing muck around.

I

Alielle
Aug 24, 2006, 06:27 PM
Nobody is entitled to "screen" people out of PSU besides SEGA, Japan resident or not. Who are you to say who can and can't play?

And having to be on a pre-screened "buddy list" before being "allowed" to buy from someone? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Why should I trust handing over money to some stranger? Give me a break.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 24, 2006, 06:30 PM
On 2006-08-24 16:27, Alielle wrote:
Nobody is entitled to "screen" people out of PSU besides SEGA, Japan resident or not. Who are you to say who can and can't play?

And having to be on a pre-screened "buddy list" before being "allowed" to buy from someone? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Why should I trust handing over money to some stranger? Give me a break.

Have you ever met Mr. NCSX?

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 24, 2006, 06:33 PM
NCSX can only do one thing. Screw up. They blew it when it came to Blue Burst episode 4 JP. I was forced to go to Play-asia instead.

Ryna
Aug 24, 2006, 06:53 PM
I think some of the people in this topic are over-reacting. Parn is just trying to help people out by linking to a location where people can buy the figures. Outside of Sega Direct, I haven't seen them for sale anyplace else. If Parn was linking to his own site, was using a referrer link, or was offering to sell them himself for $100, then this would be a different matter.

So then, let's get back to discussing PSU PVC figures. Anything else will be considered off-topic.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 24, 2006, 06:55 PM
How bout them cast figurines, eh? I wonder if they are real flesh under all that metal?

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 24, 2006, 06:55 PM
lol seduceing people with your females character looks.....on another note, y is everyone on here always angry at people, that is truely annoying when someone asks question and gets there head bit off.....

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 24, 2006, 06:56 PM
sorry for spamming but what in the hell is a "gaijin." no need to bite my head off

Ryna
Aug 24, 2006, 06:59 PM
On 2006-08-24 16:56, Kakashi_Xero wrote:
sorry for spamming but what in the hell is a "gaijin." no need to bite my head off

In standard usage, it refers to a foreigner. It is often used in an insulting manner.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 24, 2006, 06:59 PM
It's japanese for "foreigner".

Inazuma
Aug 24, 2006, 07:00 PM
kakashi xero
gaijin means foreigner in japanese.

and to stay on-topic: the figures look pretty cool, but im waiting to see what other chars they will release.

Niki
Aug 24, 2006, 08:10 PM
Pre-ordered mine. Hopefully this is the set with the alternate character colours.

EDIT : Yep. I can't read.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niki on 2006-08-24 18:21 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Aug 24, 2006, 09:09 PM
Yo.

I'll put my money where my mouth is and offer these @ cost. :3

PJ
Aug 24, 2006, 09:22 PM
you... really aren't getting it, are you?

Funky news, btw

Ether
Aug 24, 2006, 11:53 PM
On 2006-08-24 19:09, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Yo.

I'll put my money where my mouth is and offer these @ cost. :3

Do we have to pretend to be your friend for 30 days first?

-Shimarisu-
Aug 25, 2006, 12:29 AM
How about I'll decide if you're my friend first?

Alielle
Aug 25, 2006, 12:50 AM
It's totally worth being someone's lap dog to save that extra $2, isn't it?

On topic: I hope those figures stand up well on their own, especially for $70 imported. The Sega Gals gashapon figures are kinda flimsy. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alielle on 2006-08-24 22:51 ]</font>

Spellbinder
Aug 25, 2006, 01:04 AM
On 2006-08-24 22:29, -Shimarisu- wrote:
How about I'll decide if you're my friend first?

Hate to go off-topic some more..

Shimarisu, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but comments like this seem disheartening to me.

-Shimarisu-
Aug 25, 2006, 01:15 AM
Hey kids, what's with all these posters hailing from "Hinamizawa" who like to have a go at me, eh?

This some anime shit or have you got two accounts?

Edit: Googled. It's some funky anime shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-08-24 23:18 ]</font>

Polly
Aug 25, 2006, 01:20 AM
Shimarisu, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but comments like this seem disheartening to me.

Oh dude, I hope you're not a keyboard or a jar of mayonnaise. You might wanna opt for the "please be my friend" route on this one and save yourself some trouble. -Shimarisu- is best friends with Sega and can have you banned just like that by only THINKING about it.

Plus she lives in Japan. JAPAN!

-Shimarisu-
Aug 25, 2006, 01:24 AM
LOL, "Hinamizawa."

PS: Why the two accounts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-08-24 23:39 ]</font>

Polly
Aug 25, 2006, 01:39 AM
You're judging my entire location's existence on a field I typed in when I was high on food additives :(

lol you took that seriously!

Getting out of jail for free card haha. So long, suckers!

Ifrian
Aug 25, 2006, 02:08 AM
Shimarisu , i do not mean to offend you but , what is the problem with this site selling this Netcash cards?

I do wish for hackers and other foul players to not join psu as much as you do ( as i been a direct victim from many of them back on pso to the point i got my account banned by them several times ( they would gain acess to my account and use a banned item so that i get banned ).

But that doesent empowers me or anyone to "monitor" who joins or not psu ( well , sega can )

and , why to attack the person who advertises the awesome and well accepted goods wich this shop sells ?
A lot of people has to thank that site and the OP for being able to go online, as well as being able to buy some of the psu goodies.

Best regards .

Tycho
Aug 25, 2006, 02:29 AM
On 2006-08-24 16:09, beatrixkiddo wrote:
You realize that Shimarisu lives in Japan and therefore, is fully entitled to play JP PSU, right?Who says we're not, even if Sega did not take care of any regular means for foreigners to pay the license?

-Shimarisu-
Aug 25, 2006, 03:01 AM
Once again, going on what sega did on PSOBB, if any hackers use the same ISP as yourself, that entire ISP will be blocked.

I don't PARTICULARLY want to compromise my internet access by having to provide a bloody proxy for the dozen or so people I'm supplying netcash for!

Parn
Aug 25, 2006, 03:32 AM
I find this particularly hilarious that I come back here, and my mentioning of a location that sells more PSU merchandise has exploded into an argument.

If CD Japan had put up more PSU merchandise (such as that second soundtrack that I'm waiting for them to list), I'd have linked to them instead. Or maybe Himeya. Or Play Asia. It really doesn't matter, as I link to whomever I run across first. After being a member here for over five years, I'd like to think I can make posts without having them go through some kind of approval process.

And no, I most certainly do not have any ties to NCS. I wouldn't link to them if I didn't think they were a reputable company, which I think they are, as I've been importing through them since the Sega Saturn days. As an example of why I'm still a customer, I ordered the Sega Saturn edition of the Phantasy Star Collection a long time ago and they had it listed as "in stock". They had screwed up and didn't have it in stock, and they told me as such in an email. Several weeks later, the game arrived on my doorstep. Their honesty and simply letting me know they messed up instead of giving me some BS story kept me around.

If and when NCS lists another PSU related piece of merchandise, I will link to them, with or without your approval, Shimarisu. And that goes for any other reputable location that lists anything PSU related that might garner some kind of interest from any of the members of this forum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-08-25 01:52 ]</font>

Ifrian
Aug 25, 2006, 05:09 AM
On 2006-08-25 01:01, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Once again, going on what sega did on PSOBB, if any hackers use the same ISP as yourself, that entire ISP will be blocked.

I don't PARTICULARLY want to compromise my internet access by having to provide a bloody proxy for the dozen or so people I'm supplying netcash for!

Even if i understand your fear , there is nothing that can be done about it , or is there ?

And there is a lot of people that deserves to play that could not if this shops didint sell the netcash cards..

Ryudo
Aug 25, 2006, 06:24 AM
Don't worry about it Parn, Shinmarisu is just an idiot who has a hissy fit every time he hears about anyone outside japan getting anything from japan. This is about his hundreth rant about it.

He's an insecure little person whose only claim to fame is getting things in japan for people.
So of course he's going to whine if people get anything without his help

Mewn
Aug 25, 2006, 06:39 AM
Shimarisu is female actually.

-Shimarisu-
Aug 25, 2006, 07:35 AM
My humar is hot. :3

LoneVandal
Aug 25, 2006, 08:08 AM
Shimarisu is also completely unbalanced. You should see logs of the stuff they talk about in #psujp on gamesurge's irc server.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LoneVandal on 2006-08-25 06:09 ]</font>

Ifrian
Aug 25, 2006, 08:38 AM
I dont think its fair to attack personally shimarisu neither , you can not agree with her and yet respect her.

There is no need to offend her personally.

I do not agree with her attitude in this thread , but not cause that she deserves to be flamed like that.

ayrista
Aug 25, 2006, 09:38 AM
at some point you learn to love Shimarisu, yes she tends to be a bit abrasive, but she lends to the entertainment value of these boards, hence the reason i miss her on the psobb boards...lol

RLoge21
Aug 25, 2006, 09:56 AM
I never had a problem with Shimarisu. I actually find her to be pretty funny and eventhough she may get harsh sometimes... she makes some good points every now and then. At least that's what I think.

Ryna
Aug 25, 2006, 09:57 AM
Since this topic seems to have derailed in a pit of personal attacks, I am going to lock it.