PDA

View Full Version : Quick question,

Jeral
Aug 25, 2006, 06:13 AM
In PSU is the maps ect just very big but still in "Rooms" or are you all in the same bit, and mobs only spawn on certain bits of the map like most MMORPGS like for example WOW (only using wow cus its a commonly known about game,anywhoo) You can only find Basilisk in Desolace ect for a example, Can someone clear this up?
Also will there be tons of people you dont even play with just knocking bout on the maps like a big open world, and you use the warps to goto certain parts of it ect? Or is it room based / lobby (City's in psu) still?

Arias
Aug 25, 2006, 06:28 AM
I say it's just one big world, but you can see the edges of the map, or they'll guide you through the biggest part of it, blocking the rest with trees or rocks and stuff so you'll take on the biggest part of the enemies.

Then agian, i could be 100%wrong

Sinue_v2
Aug 25, 2006, 06:45 AM
In PSU is the maps ect just very big but still in "Rooms" or are you all in the same bit

From the way I understand it, you're going through a series of rooms from goal to goal. Even if it sounds like it's killing free-roaming, in a sence, it's not really. Take Final Fantasy XI for example - it's areas are all "Rooms" with defined borders. Crossing a border will take you to another "Room" where enemies can't follow. Yet people still often consider it free roaming.

PSU's rooms, from what I understand, will be a lot more structured and not quite as massive - but still much larger than what PSO's ever hoped to be.

Jeral
Aug 25, 2006, 06:47 AM
Ok,thank you vm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif