PDA

View Full Version : PC load times

Emrald
Aug 25, 2006, 04:35 PM
When playing online what would get me faster loading times for the levels, installing miniumal and having to use the disc every time orrrrr full install onto my computer's hard drive?

Ryna
Aug 25, 2006, 04:36 PM
We don't know if there will be a "minimal" installation yet. If you are given the choice, I would go for the full install to reduce loading times.

vitius137
Aug 25, 2006, 06:45 PM
The loading times most likely won't be very long anyway, judging from PSU beta videos.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 25, 2006, 06:53 PM
Except at bosses where the server needs to sync the games. During beta there was a bug with certain players taking about 2 minutes to sync up.

Emrald
Aug 25, 2006, 08:21 PM
okiedokie

PhotonCat
Aug 25, 2006, 10:24 PM
I have a question about loading, hope it fits with this topic.

When people join your "room" or "game", does it still make everyone "pause" untill the person loads in?
I really hated that...

Inazuma
Aug 26, 2006, 12:03 AM
On 2006-08-25 20:24, PhotonCat wrote:
I have a question about loading, hope it fits with this topic.

When people join your "room" or "game", does it still make everyone "pause" untill the person loads in?
I really hated that...

none whatsoever. ppl join seemlessly and a message scrolls by the screen saying something like "PhotonCat has joined"

Phaze37
Aug 26, 2006, 02:00 AM
I really hated that...
Yeah, that got very annoying. There were times when some players would take almost 5 minutes to load. It was rare but it also scared the **** outta me. I thought the game froze and I'd have to quit and lose my stuff. I remember we'd make the poor sap feel very unwelcome once he finally joined.

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 26, 2006, 02:56 AM
It's much worse if you have to deal with loading every time someone changes a piece of equipment. And if someone's changing an entire armor set along with a weapon...ouch.