PDA

View Full Version : New primer video in the works

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 26, 2006, 10:18 PM
Hey everyone. With the impending release of Phantasy Star Universe JP, I'm going to revive the old Phantasy Star Monthly name and create another primer video. Now I've got a few ideas of what I want in there, but I'd also like to get some opinions of what you guys want to know more about. I hope to release it around the same time as the US version. Basically give me ideas of what the essential things the video should say to both new players and old fans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-08-26 20:27 ]</font>

Emrald
Aug 26, 2006, 10:40 PM
FORCE CASTING AND STUFFS!

JAR
Aug 26, 2006, 10:57 PM
The respective strengths and weaknesses of each job class.

Arrow203
Aug 26, 2006, 11:03 PM
How about a series of Boss fights, all crunched together with some kick arse music? Sounds fair to me.

NightHour13
Aug 26, 2006, 11:14 PM
I'd tell the new players that it's nothing like the old PSO and a game in it's own class!

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 27, 2006, 12:00 AM
Ok, I will do a general overview of the three classes. I'll also do a guide for a couple of bosses, but not all of them (since the game is being released over time.) I'm also going to do a general overview of the three modes.

For those who never saw the episode 4 primer, you can view it at http://www.archive.org/download/PSM-psobbep4primer/PSM-psobbep4primer.avi

I plan to follow a similar layout for this one too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-08-27 06:22 ]</font>

Tycho
Aug 27, 2006, 01:47 AM
I think you should cover mechanics such as synthesis and 'element stacking' (FO weapons) and the like, because they're likely to confuse new players.

therealAERO
Aug 27, 2006, 06:22 AM
Well making items with the PM and grinding weapons confuses the hell outta me. So do something on that.

Zeota
Aug 27, 2006, 07:52 AM
Jon, that link is dead.

Fou
Aug 27, 2006, 07:56 AM
If you could I think some pms in action and showing us some of the diff nanoblasts and SUV effects in action would be pretty cool.

Fleece
Aug 27, 2006, 08:15 AM
I wanna see the axe and its PA's and the other starting weapons nobody has seen.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 27, 2006, 08:22 AM
whoops, archive changed url on me....

http://www.archive.org/download/PSM-psobbep4primer/PSM-psobbep4primer.avi

Saner
Aug 27, 2006, 09:13 AM
a video that's a generalization of how much better PSU is compared to PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 09:14 AM
I'd like to see some Nanoblasts!

Emrald
Aug 27, 2006, 10:51 AM
I still wana see a video on force info! When you can you should also do some expert class videos

Kupi
Aug 27, 2006, 11:24 AM
The party system deserves mention, I think. Joining parties is a social experience, and everyone hates to look awkward, I think. Knowing what to do in advance would be great.

Personally, I wouldn't think that you'd need to include a bunch of "why PSU is sooooo much cooler than PSO!" type material, because people will discover that for themselves. If you're going to do something like that, do it tacitly... say, show off how cool the new Techniques are while you're explaining the whole "equip multiple Techniques of the same element on a single weapon to boost damage" system.

Emrald
Aug 27, 2006, 11:52 AM
The party system is also a good idea

DurakkenX
Aug 27, 2006, 11:55 AM
You guys do realize that he can only show what we can get to in the amount of time we have between JP and US release. This may be a very long or very short time. Considering we have no idea how to get expert mode or how PMs work currently, nor do we know where a lot of the stuff are, such as the SUVs, to show and if the release date is as soon as it is said it will limit how much can be said in thee video

For example if expert mode can ony be gotten once you reach max lvl... it takes a few months more the first time through so theere may be no way to get this.

Also we know not everything will be released on the disc and they will be unlocked later on and we do not know how much is sealed away and how much is availabe. for all we know most of the cooler stuff won't be released till US launch on trhe JP side

Anyways just keep that in mind while asking about putting things in the video.

Emrald
Aug 27, 2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah that makes sense...so go with the party system....cause if that's not relised at the beginning...then what the hell?

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 12:44 PM
I think the basics should be touched upon. The party system, the user interface, the lobby/city system and how to jump into missions. Whatever Jon can work into it; remember that this is all for fun.

Emrald
Aug 27, 2006, 12:49 PM
Yeah indeed

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 27, 2006, 02:25 PM
Its my hope to also do real menus this time, and then use DVD Shrink or something else to compress it.