PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Anyone know this yet?

DragonStorm
Aug 27, 2006, 08:30 AM
I'm still wondering about the max lv. does anyone have a clue what it could be? my guess is 100 but it would be awesome to make that atleast 200 like PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif...I find the higher the lv the longer you will want to play that character or atleast take longer to hit max. im a type who would want no max lol. anyways post away!

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 27, 2006, 08:31 AM
given the expansion we've seen in classes, it's looking like lvl 200, but that's not final.

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 09:10 AM
200 would make more sense since that was PSO's last level cap. Why would ST take a step backwards and set it to 100?

Fleece
Aug 27, 2006, 10:35 AM
make it 9999.....just for the hell of it.

"Oh man im 9998 the highest char on the game......i cant wait to hit 9999" - Guy 1

"How long will that take?" - Guy 2

"Not long.....i only have to ecumalate 179 billion million EXP" - Guy 1

"Oh so youve just gotta fight the new olga flow reincarnation on Ep.67 then...." - Guy 2

"Yeah im planning on doing it with my Sealed J Sword Mk.92" - Guy 1

"Yeah? they shouldve stopped making those after the Mk.6" - Guy 2

"Ahhhh the good old days.....are you aware we've been on psu for 17 years now.....youd think theyd use a new engine..." - Guy 1

"Remember PSO?......." - Guy 2

"LOL!!!!" - Both

mitchm
Aug 27, 2006, 10:42 AM
what if there was no level cap and you could just keep leveling up as long as you could get the exp. the improvements would be randomized after like 200 and enemies would have to be a lot tougher as well based on your level. might be hard to do but i think it would be possible. would it happen, no never, but i think it would be interesting to see a level 1000 character or something.

Rubesahl
Aug 27, 2006, 10:43 AM
-laughs- Funny http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif And yeah it should be the same level cap. I don't mind if they throw out a Version 2 to update that really >_>

Kers
Aug 27, 2006, 11:43 AM
Regarding the max level, Do any of you see Sega restricting the max level at launch, then releasing it after a number of updates with new content?

I know this question would be better asked when/if people do reach a cap and I suppose if we have Expert level class types available then, I'd suppose not, but I wonder what you guys think.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 03:25 PM
200 makes the most sense, but I personally think 100-150 would be nice if they made the spread even. I'm sorry but the amount of exp needed for level 200 in PSO was just plain ridiculous. I made multiple level 140+ characters, but it was mad annoying to go about level 145 when you could play an entire day and not level up....that is not fun in my opinion.

Phaze37
Aug 27, 2006, 03:44 PM
it was mad annoying to go about level 145 when you could play an entire day and not level up....that is not fun in my opinion.
That's what Towards The Future is for!

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 03:53 PM
Leveling after level 100 was maddening for me. The work was too much and the rewards were too little. I never even got to use some armor that was for level 144 because I didn't reach it with my oldest character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Arrow203
Aug 27, 2006, 03:53 PM
>.> I dont think they will have TTF in PSU sadly ; ;

zandra117
Aug 27, 2006, 04:05 PM
TTF wouldn't work in PSU, If you beat a boss on Parum, how would you get to the next boss on Neudaiz without returning to the city?

Kyuu
Aug 27, 2006, 04:07 PM
Teleporter?

Arrow203
Aug 27, 2006, 04:09 PM
True http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Where there's a will theres a way...

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 04:25 PM
That's what Towards The Future is for!

Redoing TTF got old to me real fast. I give props to the people that reached 200 but I knew from the get go that I would never reach 200 because I don't have the patience to play the game that long just to get 1 level every couple days.

Saner
Aug 27, 2006, 04:32 PM
hmm what are the drawbacks of no level limit.

and if there are no drawbacks, why do MMORPGs place level caps in the first place? I guess so the difficulty won't end up being ridiculosly easy.

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 04:34 PM
I usually got bored of my character whenever I was nearing 100. I wouldn't have a problem if the level cap was under 200, but I'd probably like to go a little beyond 100.

Phaze37
Aug 27, 2006, 04:48 PM
hmm what are the drawbacks of no level limit.
There would be a ton of drawbacks to having no level cap. Imagine playing a game with people around your level and then having some level 420 character join the game and kill everything in one hit before you get a chance to tag them for exp. Eventually it would get to a point where levelling up would make almost no difference and then you may as well just have a level cap. Plus, if the game were to get hacked as badly as PSO, we would see cheaters with ridiculous power.