PDA

View Full Version : My Room and Customization

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 01:00 PM
I love the 'My Room' aspect of the game. Its somewhat similar to Animal Crossing (which I love on my DS). I hope that there will be several different 'skins' for the room; I want a load of options. And with 12 slots for decorations, you can get pretty creative. Anyone else feel the same way?

(For those that haven't read up, check the My Room page (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2446).

Emrald
Aug 27, 2006, 01:14 PM
bah the my room aspect to me would just be a side dish...That's not really the most wonderful thing to hit me...But the player run shops will be awsome!

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 01:34 PM
I guess its just me? Its not the coolest aspect of the game, but its great nonetheless. Its pretty surprising how much effort and work Sonic Team is putting into this game.

Oh, and that Sonic decoration is sweet. I want to get one.

Saner
Aug 27, 2006, 02:45 PM
Ya the My Room features are lightyears ahead of FF11's mog houses, which people can't even visit your mog house! how demented is that? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

and with the PM stationed at the Room and stuff, there are plenty of reasons to go to your room and stuff. it's quite pleasant and make the experience feel like home sweet home. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't be surprised though if most players didn't bother with it besides selling items in their store.

Saner
Aug 27, 2006, 03:15 PM
its still a great place to change clothes. you can only change clothes there and a few other specific occasions.

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 03:26 PM
On the topic of clothes, it is my understanding that character creation offers only a few options when you create a brand new character. You buy a lot of the clothes stuff later. Is it like that for every character you create or once you buy a certain new pair of shoes is it available in character creation for any new characters you create?

Kyuu
Aug 27, 2006, 03:30 PM
The clothing options you buy in stores are actual items that you have to equip. I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure that you can't select them at the beginning character creation screen. You can, however, buy them with your main character, put them in the shared bank, and then pretty much immediately equip them onto your new character.

DarK-SuN
Aug 27, 2006, 03:32 PM
You have to buy clothes, creation is limited to the set of clothes you're initially given.
Of course, since your characters have a "shared bank" you can always buy clothes with one, more wealthy character, and put it in the shared bank for others to use.

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 03:35 PM
Oh, got it. A little disappointing if you ask me. I wish it would just save it to the server so purchased clothing items would available to any new characters you create from the outset. Do the clothing items take up space in your inventory? The 30 spaces of inventory space in PSO was pretty meager and having clothing take up a slot would hurt if it was still 30 spaces.

mattdude
Aug 27, 2006, 03:36 PM
Is the "My Room" going to be like one room, like in FFXI MOG HOUSE? or is there going to be like hundreds around the space station, so any body can visit them????

Saner
Aug 27, 2006, 03:37 PM
I think there is more inventory space.

but yes clothes take up inventory space.

at least they don't have level requirements. I hate level requirements to wear clothes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 03:45 PM
If ST really wanted to give players some flexibility, they would have set equipped items to not take up inventory space, but that's just my opinion. Well, at least there's enough variety when it comes clothing. If I ever see a character just like mine, I will be upset!

EDIT: Unlimited space in the bank? Now that's excellent news.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blueblur on 2006-08-27 13:47 ]</font>

Kyuu
Aug 27, 2006, 03:45 PM
You get 60 slots in your iventory, and you can keep whatever clothes you're not wearing in your unlimited-slot bank. So it's nothing to worry about.

And I'm not entirely clear on what your question is, mattdude, but I'll take a stab at it. I think you're asking if there's like a housing area where you can see everyone's Rooms. The answer is no. Actually developing something like that would be a huge task, a huge drain on resources, and totally unnecessary. When you (or someone else) wants to go to your Room, you simply warp there. Your Room only has one room, although if you open a Player Shop, the shop is a second room that attaches to your first.

Phaze37
Aug 27, 2006, 03:53 PM
Clothes take up inventory space? That's disapointing. It's not like in other online RPGs where clothes and armour are the same thing. If I understand correctly clothing doesn't help your character at all so making it take up space in your inventory is kinda dumb. I'll probably wear as little clothing as possible so that I have more space in my inventory, unless it's only unequipped clothing that takes up room in my inventory. That would make alot more sense.

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 03:56 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Its like that in WoW and it makes sense. You don't carry what you're wearing.

Kyuu
Aug 27, 2006, 04:03 PM
WoW also uses a completely different kind of inventory system, and there's about 3820392830 items you have carry around. Your bags and bank quickly fill up with useless crap.

PSU isn't filled with all those useless things taking up inventory space, and you get SIXTY slots in your inventory. That's not to mention your UNLIMITED personal bank and your shared bank. Geez. You'll be wearing three, maybe four pieces of clothing max. You're still going to have plenty of room to loot things on your missions.

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 04:05 PM
Sounds okay. I'll mostly be collecting everything to sell for meseta anyway.

Drakon
Aug 27, 2006, 04:11 PM
Yeh the unlimited bank idea is a plus unlike WoW and FFXI banking that filled up pretty fast that you had to junk something important just to empty it out for something more important.

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 08:59 PM
Inventory can become a headache in WoW (among other things). I appreciate PSO/U's simplicity so much more. Especially the unlimited bank, I filled up my main character's bank in PSOGC!

Kyuu
Aug 28, 2006, 03:04 AM
Yep, everyone will love the unlimited bank... until someone starts scrolling through their bank, and don't get to the last item until 24 hours later! o_o

Saner
Aug 28, 2006, 10:58 AM
lol if that happens that's carelessness on their part. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

they should only store what they really need. anything else should be sold or traded or used, etc. etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

PandaMasterX4
Aug 28, 2006, 11:03 AM
60 slots isn't a lot if it's a game like FF. But seeing as clothing and a few weapons and your prep items, you should at most be taking up about 20-25 with your own items. That leaves enough space for looting

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 11:37 AM
Still kind of hurts to think that no one has confirmed shields and armor yet. The worms off of virus armor lafuteria, the blue flames off of aura field, the subtle twinkle from the luminous field, the delsaber shield, all the shields really. Armor with slots to equip effects, all that was just as important as the weapons imo. Hopefully Sonic Team did not just focus on weapons and leave armor completely out of it, that was a big part of PSO, as were mags. Alas, I suppose things must change in order to improve, I just hope the armor system was not completely pulled out. How will we raise our eva and def?

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 11:39 AM
Still kind of hurts to think that no one has confirmed shields and armor yet. The worms off of virus armor lafuteria, the blue flames off of aura field, the subtle twinkle from the luminous field, the delsaber shield, all the shields really. Armor with slots to equip effects, all that was just as important as the weapons imo. Hopefully Sonic Team did not just focus on weapons and leave armor completely out of it, that was a big part of PSO, as were mags. Alas, I suppose things must change in order to improve, I just hope the armor system was not completely pulled out. How will we raise our eva and def?

Saner
Aug 28, 2006, 01:01 PM
armor is now in the form of the Shield Line system.

OnnaWren
Aug 28, 2006, 03:05 PM
I don't care what else you can stash in the bank; just give me a stuffed Myau to toss on my bed and I'll be happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ShadowDragon28
Aug 28, 2006, 03:12 PM
I am really liking the stone brick style room. It would be really cool if their will be Music Discs items of the classic music tracks from Phantasy Star 1- 4. *crosses fingers* Then I could play the dungeon travel music from Ps 1 in my room in PSU ... I wish that was possible...

Kyuu
Aug 28, 2006, 03:56 PM
What are you talking about Valkayree? We already know how the armor system works. The armor is in the form of little glowing lines on your clothing, aka the Shield Line System. Your armor has slots just like in PSO. You can get different effects now from units. In one video I saw, a character was practically engulfed in these very cool looking flames as the result of the unit she was wearing.

Blueblur
Aug 28, 2006, 04:12 PM
Someone needs to start going through PSO-World's PSU section. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Roken
Aug 28, 2006, 07:53 PM
Does anyone know how big the rooms are ? There were pictures of one room, and it looked as though it had one huge room, and a hallway area. Can anyone confirm this or is it just as larger as the room was in FFXI? one big room ?

Saner
Aug 28, 2006, 08:31 PM
there is at least 2 rooms. one is where your bed is at. and around the corner is a room where you display your decorations. so ya it's pretty large. as a whole, PSU apartments look a tad larger than the FF11 mog houses.

there is also a dressing room but that is not really an actual room, it's kind of a menu driven space to change clothes.

Numnuttz
Aug 29, 2006, 12:23 AM
hmm theres a dressing room but no real room. does that mean your PM gets to see you naked when you change? i wonder how it will react. i wonder if it will be happy or disgusted that your naked lol.