PDA

View Full Version : Marriage/weddings in PSU online????

Saner
Aug 27, 2006, 02:42 PM
lol it was a funny thought I had http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

but it would be cute. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

and like the couple's fully evolved PMs could pass for their children if they want! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

aside from inviting their friends, maybe couples will decide on someone to wed them and stuff like that, all in good lighthearted fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

maybe this could lead to new clothes selections for special occasions and stuff like that.
so anyone planning on getting married if PSU supports perhaps features or benefits surrounding it?

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 27, 2006, 02:56 PM
Would an in-game marriage require a male and female character? Neat idea, but I'm thinking it scrapes up against some troublesome political issues.

Kyunji
Aug 27, 2006, 02:58 PM
Allow me to be the first to say this:

NO.

If you're crazy enough to want to get married in-game, go ahead. Having "official" support for it, however, is a very, very bad idea, because perhaps three people would use it seriously.

Saner, your post quality was never good to begin with, but, if possible, it's only gotten worse over the past few weeks. Please, please, please stop these senseless suggestions, and actually think.

EtherForce
Aug 27, 2006, 03:03 PM
Sure why not? In fact, I think an ingame ceremony would be fun. In MMo's people are always like 'man in-game weddings are totally for losers,' I think they're just not being open-minded, heh heh.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 03:06 PM
Ok this is just odd............

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 03:10 PM
Okay. This is stupid.

mech259_
Aug 27, 2006, 03:11 PM
Why do you care Saner? You're never going to tell anyone if you're a male or a female anyways.

Phaze37
Aug 27, 2006, 03:14 PM
If I remember correctly, there was at least one couple who got married in PSO, and I think the wedding was legit. ST created the flower bouquet for the occasion and I think ST staff members were there for the ceremony, which was held in a special wedding lobby. If there are any love quests in PSU, they shouldn't be restricted to straight couples. That would make my gay friends sad.

If I ever get married I would never do it in a videogame. Just imagine having your wedding vows set to your F-keys. That would suck all of the special-ness out of the occasion.

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 03:16 PM
It is a video game after all. You're better off meeting people in the real world. At least then you know what they look like and chances are they won't be lying (unless they're transvestites).

Dein
Aug 27, 2006, 03:23 PM
FFXI had something like this and I honestly never saw anyone use it at all. If people really want to get married that badly in game then they can do what you suggested and have friends come make up a ceremony with them, which would elminate a need for official ceremonies. You really could benefit from calming down and thinking out posts like Kyunji suggests.

Saner
Aug 27, 2006, 03:26 PM
well people will work around it and do it anyways. just like clans, etc. etc. the game doesn't need to provide things like that, players improvise and use whatever is available, whether its for their roleplaying, or other reasons.

Of course like anything game-based, it doesn't help to take things like this seriously, as in IRL seriously,

but of course some people just don't understand what to make of it and therefore stay away from these kind of things, which isn't wrong but at the sametime, looking down on in-game marriages is not really open-minded considering in most MMORPGs, people who have done it without any serious expectations from it or whatever actually had fun with this sort of thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I didnt say I planned on getting married http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif this is just another subject we haven't discussed yet that will come up in the future anyways. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

people too insecure to talk about it should maybe remember its a game, so ppl have different views of what is fun, what they expect out of things, etc. etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

zandra117
Aug 27, 2006, 03:31 PM
It happens all the time in other MMO type games, why not PSU. I attended a roleplay marriage in PSO Xbox in 2004. Plus according to the PSU For Brighter Day soundtrack there is a wedding song on the track listing.

Saner
On 2006-08-27 13:23, Dein wrote:
FFXI had something like this and I honestly never saw anyone use it at all. If people really want to get married that badly in game then they can do what you suggested and have friends come make up a ceremony with them, which would elminate a need for official ceremonies. You really could benefit from calming down and thinking out posts like Kyunji suggests.

a lot of Japanese made use of it. but it's not about that, like I said, people who reject this are just being closed-minded and taking things too seriously.

makes me wonder why these "I'm too cool to pretend" ppl even play games if their lv.200 super elite "avatar" loaded with rares, isn't going to improve their real life anyways. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-27 13:32 ]</font>

MoonSblaise
Hmmm marraiges in FFXI were only for the rich and stupid XD

zandra117
Aug 27, 2006, 03:39 PM
Guys, Remember this quest? http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=669

Mini-Event for Jan 17th-20th.
This first event is for couples, you can marry in this quest. When the number of couples exceed 500, a new route will open in Famitsu Max Attack.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 03:41 PM
It has nothing to do with being closed minded. It's just plain WEIRD to even think about getting married in a VIDEO GAME. What's the point in playing a video game so you can get married to another person of the same sex who just happens to be playing a female or male character.

Phaze37
This reminds me of when an ex-friend of mine was trying to convince me to quit PSO and join him in Ultima Online instead. He was married to his own little brother who was using a female character. I don't care that the marriage meant nothing IRL, I still found it disturbing.

RLoge21
Too bad theres no choice for bashing head against the wall o_o. That's what I would have picked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

zandra117
Aug 27, 2006, 03:44 PM
Guys, Its just for fun, you guys act like we're being serious about getting acually real life married in a game. We are just talking about an in game feature so avatars can get married, not us.

DizzyDi
Aug 27, 2006, 03:49 PM
Posting in a legendary thread. I lol'd so hard.
Saner you're silly.
To address the topic though.
I don't really care about in-game marriages. I think, eh its a fun little thing to do with your girlfriend if you two play the game. Its nothing official, but its fun.
Me and my girl actually went through some internet marriage thing on some weird website. It was corny as hell, but we weren't in it for the romance or specialness or anything like that, it was just a fun little thing we did.
On the flip side of the same coin though...After playing FFXI I don't trust players with female characters, even the ones that say they are female in reality and they even act like it. Anyone who has played FFXI knows what I'm talking about when I say MANTHRA (I actually had a friend who married one, and another friend who ALMOST married one. Sad, sad stuff).
So while I myself will more than likely not get married on PSU (if they even offer it), I'm not putting anyone down who decides they wanna do it, just for fun. An official marriage online....Weelll...Thats kinda iffy, but to each his/her own.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 03:56 PM
We know what people are talking about, but there are more important things that can be added to the game instead of a retarded feature like getting married. If you want to get married, then back away from the console or the keyboard and get a real woman or man like the rest of us.

Saner
Aug 27, 2006, 04:08 PM
and people wonder why some like to play The Sims games.

gee it's just pretend, all in good fun if you're interested, naturally some are not. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2006-08-27 13:56, Eclypse wrote:
We know what people are talking about, but there are more important things that can be added to the game instead of a retarded feature like getting married.

see? you don't know what we are talking about. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-27 14:11 ]</font>

Saner
Aug 27, 2006, 04:09 PM
oh no double posted! Ryna please delete this post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-27 14:10 ]</font>

zandra117
Aug 27, 2006, 04:11 PM
In PSO if 500 people used the marriage feature, it unlocked a new path in the max attack quest, In conquer online when you get married you can get special rare gift items that are only obtainable through marriage. So usually marriage features in games are not retarded and useless, they usually have rewards.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 04:23 PM
Saner I know exactly what you are talking about, I'm only saying that it would be a waste of time ot focus on tooling the game to let people get married when they could use that time in improving something else on the game.

You might like the getting married idea, and that's your perrogative, but I think it's ridiculous and that's my perrogative. Enough said!

Dein
Aug 27, 2006, 04:23 PM
The thing is MMO's are very open ended in how you choose to enjoy them. I like being myself and when I play online games I act like how I would normally act in life. If you want to try and be someone else when you play a game then that's your decision. If Sega ever adds an official ceremony it'll be quite some time after PSU has been released and they've gotten a lot of comments from players wanting it added. If you really want to get married just do a mock ceremony until then.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 04:26 PM
I'd see more fun in being allowed to get married to an NPC than another in-game player.

Saner
Aug 27, 2006, 04:27 PM
On 2006-08-27 14:23, Eclypse wrote:
Saner I know exactly what you are talking about, I'm only saying that it would be a waste of time ot focus on tooling the game to let people get married when they could use that time in improving something else on the game.

You might like the getting married idea, and that's your perrogative, but I think it's ridiculous and that's my perrogative. Enough said!

of course, they should not lose focus on the more important things.

this game doesnt even need a feature/quest implemented to get it done, it's practically already there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Authenticate
Aug 27, 2006, 05:18 PM
Is this just for fun or an actual real marriage? If it's just for fun, why the hell not? If it's for real, then I hope the people actually know each other in real life. Otherwise some Sephiroth clone is going to marry a cute little newman gal named Bubba and we will never hear the end of it.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 05:38 PM
I hope you aren't serious when you think this could be real.............of course it's not real, he was just saying what if.....

-Shimarisu-
Aug 27, 2006, 06:33 PM
I met my husband in PSO.

He was a humar, looked rather a lot like Sephi-sama! ^_^

I was a starry eyed HUnewearl.

We got married on the deck of Pioneer 2 under the sleepy canopy of stars. It was so romantic.

Oh and yeah we got married irl too but who cares about that! ^_____________^

-Shimarisu-
Aug 27, 2006, 06:35 PM
Also he gave me a red ring as a wedding gift. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Marukun
Aug 27, 2006, 06:46 PM
This isn't an original idea, a Japanese couple did do this on PSO years ago. I think Phaze37 (above) remembers the same as well.
Of course they got married in real life, but had a sort of ceremony on PSO as well just for fun.

Emrald
Aug 27, 2006, 06:49 PM
I'd be one of those three who took it seriesly

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 27, 2006, 06:51 PM
Actually, if I remember correctly, the ceremony on PSO was in fact, their actual, legal ceremony. Yuji Naka presided over it.

JohnBerserker
Aug 27, 2006, 06:57 PM
i dont care if its for fun or not. not knowing the actual gender of your... mate... just brings up some disturbing thoughts. ST can add in the marriage thing or not but i can definately tell you i wont be participating in that particular event.

mattdude
Aug 27, 2006, 07:07 PM
Lots of MMO's do have a thing called "getting married" I think it would be an okay idea, I don't mind it, I hope they update a event that is on forever, for getting married.... like if you give a ring to some one you love, and the other person give you a ring BAME! you are married, and you get some free gift like a rare Saber or a rare Gun, or cooler clothing ,(anything that makes you excited) that would make it "getting married" in game cool..

vitius137
Aug 27, 2006, 07:16 PM
how did I know who made this topic without looking at the details? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Yoruichi
Aug 27, 2006, 07:17 PM
It would be a nice feature but not needed. I met my bf in Unreal Tournament for Dreamcast and obviously theres no wedding ceramonies amist the constant killing lol. Later one we started playing PSO together (althogh it was a pain at first when we started living together untill we got the connection split lol), I think it would be neat fluff just like better graphics, wierd/real looking weapon models etc. Won't make the game non playable but definately appreciated.

Kuzzle
Aug 27, 2006, 08:11 PM
I like in-game ceramonies.(sp? Dictionary.com's being a prick...) I'd gladly attend an in-game wedding if I was given the opportunity. Hell, I'd attend any kind of celebration. (If I knew how to make the crying face, I would right here... my memory sucks.) It's great to feel like a part of the community, and I think a marriage feature kind of adds to that.

Hmmm... Thinking abou the whole gender issue... I'll be playing on the XBox 360. Yeah, it's got voice chat, so that might help weed out some of the "hot teenage girls" (AKA creepy middle-aged dudes) but, then again, I think the PC/PS2 version will actually have more females playing it, but with no real in-game device to weed out the "Man-Vestites". Right... Well, you get my point.

Kers
Aug 27, 2006, 08:16 PM
I don't expect to use the feature, but it would be fun to see couples play PSU together, like talking in lobbies, completing missions, sharing rooms (definitely would need some type of roommate option), ect. Sounds like a good idea.

BTW, I find it funny that some gamers can say games that involve killing anything that moves are just for fun and at the same time say marriage is going too far. If this thread becomes all about this old arguement I think it should belong in Rants.

Kuzzle
Aug 27, 2006, 08:29 PM
Ooh! A roommate option would kick ass! ...er... Well, I don't think I'd ever actually get a roommate, but, uh... It'd be cool for RPers(Which, basicly, won't exist for this game) or, like... I dunno... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ibuka
Aug 27, 2006, 08:37 PM
I think it would be an ok idea if PSU had an in game marriage... Ragnarok Online had one... But that game went all out though when it came to marriage.... Have to find a wedding dress or a tuxedo, Then you had to go get 2 diamond rings and then go to a church and get registered and had to wait untill the others players who were getting merried finish before your turn to get married was next. Which was kinda odd cause the game would say the name of the players getting merried so all the other players online could see who was getting merried.

Which i did get married on there and i thought it was fun cause me and a bunch of my friends were wild'n out and having a good time when i was getting married on there, and then i went on a honey moon after the wedding was over lol... Ragnarok Online marriage was crazy but it was fun at the same time, so if PSU has something like that or does in the future i wouldn't mind it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-08-27 18:48 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Aug 27, 2006, 08:52 PM
On 2006-08-27 18:29, Kuzzle wrote:
Ooh! A roommate option would kick ass! ...er... Well, I don't think I'd ever actually get a roommate, but, uh... It'd be cool for RPers(Which, basicly, won't exist for this game) or, like... I dunno... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Till they leave the toilet seat up, keep using YOUR mag for THIER synths and on top of all that they eat up all your foo...er monamates!

Kuzzle
Aug 27, 2006, 09:00 PM
*Leaves a brick of cheese in his roommate's PM's synthy-box-thingy.* Mmm, melty...

*Superglues his roommate's head to his pillow while he sleeps.* Hehe, he's going to look so stupid when he has to go to work in the morning!...

*Glues his sleeping roommate's hand to the bottom of a bowl using glue that won't dissolve in water, then fills the bowl with warm water.* Oh, that's evil.

*Slips laxatives and sleeping pills into his roommate's drink.* Oh, that one's just nasty. Gotta remember to drag them outside or something if you do that... 'Specially if you live in the city. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif *shudder*

This bit reminds me of a questions I had, though: Will our characters be Guardians, or Civilians? I mean, if we're Guardians, roommates would make sense. 'Specially if we were trainees...

Sorry, I know that bit's off-topic, but, well... If we are Guardians, how would that effect any marriages? I mean, would there be rules against it? Just a thought.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kuzzle on 2006-08-27 19:07 ]</font>

Ryo_Hayasa
Aug 27, 2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah, also many Online RPGs use a marriage system, RO for one (though it's very dated, it works)

And just to be fair i think marriage could happen between any gender. it's really, not a bad ideal, and really "Why not?" i mean if anything it would just be a feature that no one would use, that's all. No biggie, surely there are features of PSO that we don't use. Eh...i can't name any of them right now...but whatever..

Maybe it's that i just now really noticed Saner's posts, or that i've just been reading up on the forums rather than posting ( i don't have anything to say, so i don't say anything) But come on, lets give Saner a break Ja?

Oh, and i really think PSU needs a dodge roll button or something. I kinda felt like i was playing devil may cry as some points...it was weird.

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 27, 2006, 09:17 PM
An actual wedding ceremony ingame...I'll bet it's a lot cheaper than a normal one! I should keep it in mind, just in case...

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 09:25 PM
I can see that many of you have placed A LOT of thought into this. To be honest, if they do make it so people can get married, it won't bother me one bit since I won't be using it. I just think it's so funny how people want to see things in the game that make it so they can further keep them from interacting with the real people of the world.

Yoruichi
Aug 27, 2006, 09:26 PM
lol your cruel Kuzzle, as far as citizenship status. I'd think we would be civilians who didn't want normal jobs so we signed up to be hunters kinda like signing up for the draft?

Is this still like PSO where we are just mercenaries or has that changed?

Ryo_Hayasa
Aug 27, 2006, 09:29 PM
On 2006-08-27 19:25, Eclypse wrote:
I can see that many of you have placed A LOT of thought into this. To be honest, if they do make it so people can get married, it won't bother me one bit since I won't be using it. I just think it's so funny how people want to see things in the game that make it so they can further keep them from interacting with the real people of the world.

Or maybe it would further their dive into "the game" and the "story"

People get hardcore into this stuff, heck for those who RP it would be perfect. And as I posted before, if you don't like the feature, don't use it.

Yoruichi
Aug 27, 2006, 09:32 PM
On 2006-08-27 19:29, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

On 2006-08-27 19:25, Eclypse wrote:

Or maybe it would further their dive into "the game" and the "story"

People get hardcore into this stuff, heck for those who RP it would be perfect. And as I posted before, if you don't like the feature, don't use it.

I guess it could be compared to those people who play hardcore in counter strike, join clans have often/daily scrims. Eventually they join an official league etc etc.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 09:33 PM
You're a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

You seem to be getting awfully bothered by someone saying it's dumb.

As for diving into the story or into the game for that matter, remember it's a PS game and the story is about as frontloaded as any game I've ever played. The story of the PSO/PSU universe is not deep. The PS standalone games had a deep story but the MMO versions of this game have shallow stories so there is no reason for a person to need to get married to feel more into "the game" as you say.

I realize people get hardcore into this stuff.....that's indicated by the followship of this website. I've been on this site for ages so I can play witness to the hardcoreness taht some people are willing to go, but there is a point where it becomes downright silly and unhealthy to get so attached to a game that you need to get hitched to a virtual person.

Ryo_Hayasa
Aug 27, 2006, 09:39 PM
They get hitched to a virtual person for many reasons, for the hell of it, and some because they have emotional attractions and what have you, However no everyone is trying to hide from the real world out there. That's kinda what got from one of your previous posts. And yeah, it did bother me abit because you shot down and idea, and your reasons wasn't all that....well you know..... "You know..."

And heck, I thought it was interesting to get married to a friend of mine (Actually real life friend mind you) in PSO on the last day they offered the quest, it was a quick change because "I" thought it was a dumb idea, but hey if they're going to let you marry people in-game and give you benefits. why not?

The line i draw, to where hardcoreness becomes unhealthy is when a player is willing or thinking about harming another gamer/player in the real world, or themself.

DizzyDi
Aug 27, 2006, 09:40 PM
On 2006-08-27 19:33, Eclypse wrote:
You're a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

You seem to be getting awfully bothered by someone saying it's dumb.

As for diving into the story or into the game for that matter, remember it's a PS game and the story is about as frontloaded as any game I've ever played. The story of the PSO/PSU universe is not deep. The PS standalone games had a deep story but the MMO versions of this game have shallow stories so there is no reason for a person to need to get married to feel more into "the game" as you say.

I realize people get hardcore into this stuff.....that's indicated by the followship of this website. I've been on this site for ages so I can play witness to the hardcoreness taht some people are willing to go, but there is a point where it becomes downright silly and unhealthy to get so attached to a game that you need to get hitched to a virtual person.

Yo Eclypse I think you're more hardcore about this than anyone. Most of us are talking about doing it for fun, if we do it at all. Like I said, if I had a girlfriend that play PSU, I think it'd be a funny littyle thing to get married on the game. I wouldn't be doing it as a substitute for a REAL marriage, nor would I be doing it for anysorta romance or anything like that. Its just for fun.

Yoruichi
Aug 27, 2006, 09:42 PM
I really don't buy this whole "I've been on this site for ages so I can play witness to the hardcoreness taht some people are willing to go" but whatever makes you feel better.

As far as people getting married thats thier problem. Thats almost as saying someone is "to into the game" for taking up a cooking trade. If they take in game marriage that seriously and not as a silly fun thing to do like I dunno...the game itself as ment to be. Then yes they have problems. Saying anyone who does this or that and instantly assuming the extreme is poor judgement.

Kuzzle
Aug 27, 2006, 09:48 PM
Hooray for Poor Judgement! It's been with me through the best of times, it's been with me through the worst of times...

Anywho, yeah, I agree it's just a fun little side-thingy. I like celebrations, and anything that adds them is A-OK by me! Well, unless it was, like, I dunno, some really lame celebration-type thingy that you had to do. Everything should be optional.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 10:22 PM
Yo Eclypse I think you're more hardcore about this than anyone. Most of us are talking about doing it for fun, if we do it at all. Like I said, if I had a girlfriend that play PSU, I think it'd be a funny littyle thing to get married on the game. I wouldn't be doing it as a substitute for a REAL marriage, nor would I be doing it for anysorta romance or anything like that. Its just for fun.

How am I hardcore about something I don't even care about? I don't really care one way or another, but at the same time I think it's sad that some people are looking forward to this being added or wanting to have it added.

If you are wanting to do it with your real life girl friend, then so be it and good for you, but for those that just want to get married because they think it's fun or whatever else, it's just comical to me.

To Yoruichi. You don't have to buy into anything, but anyone that's been on this site can attest to the number of people that have said some off the wall things because they love this game so much. From the people that have to import it, and then buy it for ever system, to the people that buy meseta off ebay or whatever.........that's the hardcore that I'm refering to.

Ibuka
Aug 27, 2006, 11:34 PM
Pretty much just do as you feel. If you wanna get married on an online game then just do it and have fun with it.
If you don't wanna get married on an online game then don't do it

Simple as that people

If someone thinks it's sad for you to get married on an online game why do you care?
No point in argueing cause your gonna end up doing it anyway no matter what anyone says.

I for one don't really give a damn what anyone thinks of me in the things that i do and think it's fun or not... Everyone should just lay off on each other who ever is aguring

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-08-27 21:46 ]</font>

Kers
Aug 27, 2006, 11:57 PM
Eclypse, DizzyDi said you're more hardcore about weather to have marriage or not because in this topic you're alone in your view of it only existing through a deeper meaning to the player, as you stated, an unhealthy attatchment to the game.

I've read that you don't care of it being added or not because you see no fun in it, but you're voicing your opinion of game marriage being something that would only be done by someone who is ill.

To your buying meseta off ebay statement- I actually view it as the opposite of hardcore. I view it as a cheat that is the backbone to currency farming, damages the game's economy, and effects the fellow player's experience negatively - but that's another dead horse you could bring up in Rants.

To Ibuka- Eclypse's opinion won't change your mind, but I know some friends who could consider playing a marriage in game who wouldn't like the feeling of being open to it's criticism.

I'm not trying to say Eclypse's opinion is present because of it being a mainstream idea. I feel it's good to show that people who enjoy rare things, such as roleplaying, aren't alone. I also think arguing has a point, it encourages openness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Edit: baad grammar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-08-27 22:03 ]</font>

Kuzzle
Aug 28, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-08-27 21:57, Kers wrote:
I think arguing has a point, it encourages openness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

So does three shots of tequila! *Ba dun duh!* (Can't remember what that noise is called...) Anyway, yeah... Hey, I wonder if anyone'll get drunk and wake up next to some she-man wearing a wedding ring.

Eclypse
Aug 28, 2006, 12:18 AM
Actually I only said that someone that viewed it as a means of getting deeper in the game should be looked at as being sick. I know that people on Ragnarok online did it all the time, but then again that is a true MMO whereas PSO isn't and never will be a game that I would call a true MMO.

I can see where the fun element would be if characters got married, but you have to see it from another view also. How can you consider being married to another persons character fun when in essense you are marrying another man since most of the characters are playing female but are male in reality. I'm not against same sex marriages in real life but on a game that's just odd to me.

Either way this isn't something that should be argued over because it's a moot point and it's not like it will be in the game anyways. Have a good night I'm off to lay with my 'real' girlfriend. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kers
Aug 28, 2006, 12:44 AM
On 2006-08-27 22:18, Eclypse wrote:

How can you consider being married to another persons character fun when in essense you are marrying another man since most of the characters are playing female but are male in reality... Have a good night I'm off to lay with my 'real' girlfriend. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Not all people who get married in a game purely roleplay and never ask anything about other person.

Most people ask female characters their gender because of the majority of male players. Also, not all males playing female characters use or enjoy male attention.

Ah, telling everyone you have a girlfriend, that's not being immature, insecure, or anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

TheStoicOne
Aug 28, 2006, 12:53 AM
YAY! FOR Divorce court!!!!!!!!

NightHour13
Aug 28, 2006, 02:35 AM
Personally, I think this is all a fun little side thing. Nothing huge, nothing LIFE DEFINING and certainly not going to affect my game play. Ok, so you accidentaly got married to a Man-Vestite who's 50 and eats greasy french fries all day everyday and lives with his mom in a broken down trailer.

Makes for a funny story to tell the friends.

If your that incredibly sexually insecure that you'll drop dead if you by accident married some guy, step back and realise two things:

1. You don't gotta get married
2. It's a damn game you freaks, if you take marriage on a game seriously, then you deserve to get married to a man-vestite with hairy ass nipples!!

Sheesh, lighten up and have fun. Im gunna destroy the planet in a couple of years any way, so enjoy it while it's still around!

Yoruichi
Aug 28, 2006, 03:24 AM
Lol wow Eclypse, you obviously won't use the feature, you gave your point of view, yet your still so adamant over such a pointless add on that supposedly won't effect you. So are you just lonely as hell and bitter, or just like to argue with people who obviously love the game to the point of fanaticism.

Feelmirath
Aug 28, 2006, 04:41 AM
Please, just... no.

There's a reason why the wedding lobby went down on BB http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

UniKoRn
Aug 28, 2006, 04:54 AM
Playing marriage in the special event lobbies & pioneer 2 was fun on PSO. All my male friends got married to eachother, hee hee!

Arias
Aug 28, 2006, 06:23 AM
You could jsut do it for a laugh, I mean, Your friend has a ramar and you a ramarl, just do it for a laugh!! (It's not like you'll get married for real)

Eclypse
Aug 28, 2006, 06:26 AM
Wow it's good to see that so many of you don't have a sense of humor. Kers, I'm not arguing anything, I'm simply using a message board to talk about the same thing that other people are talking about, except because I don't say all good things people think I'm arguing.

Saying I have a girlfriend isn't immature at all considering it was meant as a joke, and that other people have mentioned plenty of times that they have gfs or bfs, but whatever. You're obviously one of those in favor of marrying a man or virtual girl, so I wish you the best of lucky and happy times.

Earthsunderer
Aug 28, 2006, 06:46 AM
I do have a question. Could you divorce?

EGO-BOT
Aug 28, 2006, 08:06 AM
You could divorce, then fight over PM custody and Distribution of rares.

Ryo_Hayasa
Aug 28, 2006, 09:03 AM
On 2006-08-28 06:06, EGO-BOT wrote:
You could divorce, then fight over PM custody and Distribution of rares.

Oh god, I'd love to be the judge of that one.

"He's mah PM's Daddeh!"

Ryo: -thrashes around with his gavil- "Denied! All rares obtained through such and such date will now be given to me....and remain in care...until....-ports away-"

Then again, i believe in RO you could only divorce so many times before you were married to a person and stuck with them.... Tell death do you part, or something like that.

Either like PSO it could be a seasonal thing, Wedding month is like march right? so it would only be offered around march of the springtime months. That kinda makes me wonder how other seasonal events will be done, will cities show their support by trickin' out their areas in X-mas/Halloween/Valintine stuff...

Either, Everyone should just relax abit. Personally i'll stop trying to prove my point/points. and if took any personal shots at anyone "I'm sorry" It just boils down to. "If you want to, do it, don't want to, don't"

It has nothing to do with anyone having an detachment to the real world or anything like that. that would just be silly.

White_Zephyr
Aug 28, 2006, 09:08 AM
In FFXI, the ceremony requests were ALWAYS full up to 2 months in advance...you were lucky if you got a chance to be married. Also, it was cheap to to get married in FFXI. About PSU, the more features the better. My wife and I would probably do it, though I think my main would be a beast and hers a cast....so I dunno about babies, (but I've always wanted to hit one of those RAcaseals).

ShinMaruku
Aug 28, 2006, 10:36 AM
Oh don't worry the batshit crazy Japanese will do it, but you cna't witness it. Gott ist gut!