PDA

View Full Version : Different Dual Weapons PA...?

Flamingo99
Aug 27, 2006, 02:48 PM
I was thinking about being able to equip... lets say... a Handgun and a Saber at the same time. Would you be allowed to use the handgun's "bullet" PA and the saber's "skill" PA? Just curious, I haven't read anything about you being able or not being able to do this.

Thanks.

Kyuu
Aug 27, 2006, 03:05 PM
When dual-wielding two different classes of weapons (the saber-hangun combo, for instance) you hold down a button (R1 on the PS2 controller, I believe) to swtich between the main-hand and off-hand weapon. You'll be able to use the single-saber PA you have equipped to the saber, and whatever handgun BA you have equipped to the handgun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-27 13:50 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 27, 2006, 03:29 PM
The videos we've seen demonstrate dual equipping different types of weapons quite readily. Being such a significant part of the system, I'm lead to assume that your Photon Arts should work even while dual wielding.

Mewn
Aug 27, 2006, 04:20 PM
Bullet-type PAs (i.e. gun and bow PAs) are passive anyway, from what we've seen, and are just used by firing the gun.

Kyuu
Aug 27, 2006, 05:32 PM
That's not entirely correct, Mewn, I don't think. It's just like melee weapons, where there's a normal attack, and a PA (or BA) attack. When you're shooting BA bullets, you're eating up a lot more PP per shot than otherwise, and it would seem tedious to make you have to go through the menu and unequip your BA to shoot normal shots. I could be wrong, though.

mechatra
Aug 27, 2006, 05:37 PM
Actually Kyuu he's right.
Bullet arts are passive. You'll notice that guns only ever have one action button, and thats just to fire.

So if you equip "Frosen shoot" all your shots with that gun are gonna have a chance of freezing.

Kyuu
Aug 27, 2006, 05:41 PM
Bah, that stinks. Maybe I'll rethink having a Ranger for my main char. ~_~