PDA

View Full Version : Classic Weapons

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 03:59 PM
Seeing as they announced that they would be bringing back some of the classic rares that have been in PSO past, I was wondering if they announced any examples of which ones they might be including.

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 04:00 PM
They announced that when? Sounds great! I don't know know what we should expect though.

VR-Raiden
Aug 27, 2006, 04:04 PM
I'd say it's pretty safe to assume there will be a weapon similar to the elysion returning http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VR-Raiden on 2006-08-27 14:04 ]</font>

Kyuu
Aug 27, 2006, 04:04 PM
They only said that they'd be bringing back some of the ones fans expect to see. No details, no nothing other than that one little statement. You'll have to wait until the game comes out to find out.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 04:19 PM
I'm just praying that they don't bring the DB Saber back because lord knows I hate that weapon. I can remember saying it would be a horrible night playing if I found more than one DB Saber.

I'm guessing it's pretty safe to say they will bring the Chainsawd and Holy Ray back since those were classic weapons that everyone could appreciate.

Dein
Aug 27, 2006, 04:25 PM
Seeing Lavis Cannon come back would be nice since that was my favorite Saber rare from PSO.

Saner
Aug 27, 2006, 04:29 PM
making new rares that are cooler than the older ones is the way to go, that makes them even more rare because the classic rares have already been obtained in PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

but of course they'll bring back a few to PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 04:32 PM
I hope they don't do what they did with Agito again. Its a pain in the ass to find rares that aren't the "real weapon."

Kyuu
Aug 27, 2006, 05:36 PM
I had no problem with the rares that aren't the "real" version of the weapon, as long as the "non-real" version(s) are decent enough weapons in their own right.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 05:37 PM
I would love to see some of the new weapons companies find some of these old classics and make improvements to them. I think if they included 5-10 of each type of weapon from the old PSO series that would make a nice added bonus for us long standing alums of the series.

zandra117
Aug 27, 2006, 05:47 PM
I've seen what seems to be Flowen's Sword in a few screenshots.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/screenshots/psu/universe_00.jpg

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 06:14 PM
Yeah I've seen this screen before and thought the same thing, and if you look at the guy in the background, he has what appears to be a blue version of the Lavis Cannon.

They would most likely set limits on the weapons because can you imagine what it would be like to have something like a Holy Ray Gun in one hand and the Lavis or Agito in the other hand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2006-08-27 16:16 ]</font>

Kyuu
Aug 27, 2006, 06:19 PM
The guy in the background actually has a green (element-less) normal saber. That's not a rare weapon; it's one of the standard saber designs.

Pacpunk
Aug 27, 2006, 06:32 PM
i forgot what it's called but i was a giant sword that whebn your health got yellow you could use it's special ability and it would unleash a giant shock wave. i wish that would come back, it would be awsome

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 06:34 PM
On 2006-08-27 16:19, Kyuu wrote:
The guy in the background actually has a green (element-less) normal saber. That's not a rare weapon; it's one of the standard saber designs.

Duh really I had no idea. I simply said it looked like one, I didn't say it was a rare weapon. I was speaking on the design of the weapon. The normal sabers of this game share the same look as the Red Saber and Lavis of the previous game.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 06:35 PM
On 2006-08-27 16:32, Pacpunk wrote:
i forgot what it's called but i was a giant sword that whebn your health got yellow you could use it's special ability and it would unleash a giant shock wave. i wish that would come back, it would be awsome

Oh dear jesus, you used the Olga Flow!!! That weapon was pure garbage, and just about as hacked as the Tsumikiri Crap-Sword.

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 06:40 PM
I never used hacked or duped weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 07:25 PM
Right, and I'm your biological father. To say you never used a hacked or duped weapon on PSO is like saying you've never taken a breath for air. NO ONE has ever been 100% legit on PSO unless they played 100% offline. If you ever played online and used a weapon that you didn't find, then odds are that you've used a dupe or hack at least once in your playtime.

Nilot
Aug 27, 2006, 08:27 PM
The only duped weapon I ever used was the Olga Flow so I could hang out with Rico, The other dupes I have are just for my friends that don't play online, I want some card-throwing weapons too, like the Mayu, I luffed that one ^_^ aside from that, I'm not too interested in the older weapons anymore, since they've got things like bows coming out.. that should be fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 08:30 PM
The only weapons I ever traded for were ones that friends found while they were with me on quests and level runs in PSOGC. On PSO ver. 1, I did use some dupes but then who wasn't?

MUDGRIP
Aug 27, 2006, 08:42 PM
PSOXU.S. STILL LIVES ZANDRA!

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 08:47 PM
Isn't PSOX the most hacked PSO of them all?

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 09:11 PM
No that would be PSOGC. The Xbox version was no where near as bad as the GC version. I remember playing on the GC version before leaving for the release of the Xbox, and people had already had just about ever rare on the game despite not being anywhere near the level of the items they had. I remember not even 1 week after the game came out, there were people trading Aura Field armors for level 150+ when no one on the game had even reached that high yet.

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 09:43 PM
I might just pick up a used copy of PSOX one of these days (last i saw, they go for about $15). I can't play PSOGC online anymore since I'm not on dial-up anymore and I only have the dial-up modem.

Emrald
Aug 27, 2006, 09:48 PM
really I've never used a duped or hacked item on the game cube...cause I was 100% offline...but i'm not sure about psobb

vitius137
Aug 27, 2006, 10:02 PM
I was 100% offline and only got to lvl 76 before I had to give the game back to my friend -_-"

Emrald
Aug 27, 2006, 10:03 PM
haha!

NDkEwL
Aug 27, 2006, 10:07 PM
I want to see Pan Arms Blade and Chain Sawd, anything else would just be nice.

Elysion and Nei weapons ought to make appearances seeing that they were the endgame rares for PS4 and PS3 respectively. Sadly, we havent seen and Laconic weapons, though they never were fantastic anyways. Nor Ceramics =

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 10:11 PM
Chain Sawd was a fun weapon. C-Bringer's Rifle was a favorite of mine as well.

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 10:17 PM
Oh you can get PSOX from my local Bestbuy for $9.99.

C-Bringers, Frozen Shooter, Holy Ray, many of the Daggers where favorites of mine. On PSO I pretty much ran with Mechs, Daggers, and the Double Saber type weapons. I wasn't really that big on the Sabers and Swords. My favorite sword was the Red Sword and I can remember a sick RS that I found and got tekked for some really nice %s in Hit and Dark.

Emrald
Aug 27, 2006, 10:17 PM
I wana see Stag Cutterly and summit moon.....I also wana see bloody art (Cause it looked so damned cool)

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 10:22 PM
Unfortunately, brand new copies disappeared over a year ago. I just got one off eBay for $15. The seller lives in my area so I'm gonna try to go pick it up and bypass the whole shipping process. But that's off-topic isn't it?

Emrald
Aug 27, 2006, 10:23 PM
lol everything is these days...you can never keep a topic on topic

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 10:25 PM
I would just look around the Bestbuys in your area because you can find them there. The Bestbuy here in MO still has some copies of the original Halo which I haven't seen in places like Gamestop for ages.

Emrald
Aug 27, 2006, 10:36 PM
They still have orginal halo? wow that's sad!

Blueblur
Aug 27, 2006, 10:48 PM
I've been to my Best Buys recently and they don't carry it. I'd drive out to each one and double check, but I don't have the time. eBay is a fine convenience for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

The-King
Aug 27, 2006, 11:04 PM
Hmmm... I want to see Demolition Comet in PSU, t'would be awesomeness up the ass. but seriously. When they said they'd bring back the rare weapons. They probably meant a large variety of every rare weapon that PSO found charishable, TJS, Lavis Weapons, Demolition Comet, All of that good stuff. ANY WHO.. Night everyone!

Sinue_v2
Aug 28, 2006, 12:09 AM
You guys are wrong... neither PSOX or PSOGC were the most hacked versions. It was PSO v.2 for the Dreamcast which was the most hacked. PSOGC never saw the inception of NOL, PK, BMPK, Freeze Mags, LQSOD, BSOD, WTW, Bank Bypass, Steal Word Bubble, Gigantic Word Bubble, Censor bypass, See weapons on P2, LVL999, a/aa/aa Spread Needles, 255+ Grind, GoE, Cmode Rank edit, Guild Card Steal, Texture swapping, Target NPC, ect... ect... just to name a VERY few.

As for who didn't use dupes on v.1 & v.2 - I can't really think of anybody. Most people at least had backups in case of PK.

As for weapons I'd like to see make a comeback - I can't really think of any. I'd prefer it if they just made all new weapons.

Eclypse
Aug 28, 2006, 12:12 AM
I don't even count the Dreamcast version of PSO because everyone knows how bad there were.

As for classic weapons I HIGHLY DOUBT they will bring the Tsumikiri J-Sword back to this game because that was the most hacked item on any version of this game......hands down.

I wouldn't like to see the Demo Comet even though I did like that weapon, I would rather see the female version from PSOBB make its way to PSU because my HUnewearl always rocked the hot double sabers.

TheStoicOne
Aug 28, 2006, 01:13 AM
yasminkov's

Pieceoftime
Aug 28, 2006, 01:56 AM
The Yasminkov series and the Snow Queen were in my opinion some of the coolest weapons in all of PSO. They weren't the ultra-rares but they simply were some of the most useful. I'll be sad if there isn't at least a spiritual successor to them.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 28, 2006, 02:08 AM
http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up2578.jpg
apparently JP game shop owners have been playing...

Kyuu
Aug 28, 2006, 02:50 AM
... Premiere Disc?

Eclypse
Aug 28, 2006, 06:19 AM
What is that weapon?

mechatra
Aug 28, 2006, 07:22 AM
Well it looks like a big photon Fan.

Chances are it's just a shopped saber though.

DizzyDi
Aug 28, 2006, 07:50 AM
Its a saber, it looks like a photon fan probably from the motion blur of Ethan moving or something.

zandra117
Aug 28, 2006, 07:58 AM
Its a Battle Fan rare weapon, If it was a saber then the handle would be blurred aswell, the blade of a saber doesnt move seperately from the handle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-08-28 05:59 ]</font>

Folofle
Aug 28, 2006, 08:12 AM
I hope they put in the monkey or black king bar.

Dingo
Aug 28, 2006, 10:42 AM
I dare to declare that I was a 100% legit player, how is that hard to believe?

On topic:

Frozen shooter would be nice^^ (that 99.9% freeze-rate was a bit too much though)

Dingo
Aug 28, 2006, 10:43 AM
I dare to declare that I was a 100% legit player, how is that hard to believe?

On topic:

Frozen shooter would be nice^^ (that 99.9% freeze-rate was a bit too much though)

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 28, 2006, 10:53 AM
that's retail disk, not premier.

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 10:57 AM
Give me handgun guld and milla, let me combine them. Then give me a frozen shooter and let me create the snow queen. Finally let me acquire the spread needle and I will be happy =) Yasminkov weapons would be great too...

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 11:12 AM
Give me handgun guld and milla, let me combine them. Then give me a frozen shooter and let me create the snow queen. Finally let me acquire the spread needle and I will be happy =) Yasminkov weapons would be great too...

Saner
Aug 28, 2006, 11:14 AM
things like spread needle drain the fun out of the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/watermelon.gif

might as well have infinite nuclear bombs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Arias
Aug 28, 2006, 11:27 AM
2 words, SPREAD NEEDLE FTW!!!!!! wait that's 3.

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 12:05 PM
On 2006-08-27 16:32, Pacpunk wrote:

Dark Flow, one hitter quitter.

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 12:06 PM
On 2006-08-28 09:14, Saner wrote:
things like spread needle drain the fun out of the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/watermelon.gif

might as well have infinite nuclear bombs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lol, no that would be closer to a baranz launcher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Eclypse
Aug 28, 2006, 05:32 PM
Snow Queen is garbage. No combo attacks and the FS freezes just as good since it attacks more and much faster.

Niki
Aug 28, 2006, 08:06 PM
I'm down for key item cameos from the SMS/SG PS series, though I don't believe they would be within the PSU timeline. Ah, nostalgia.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 28, 2006, 09:47 PM
Classic weapons I'd like to see in PSU:
(from Phantasy Star )

Laconia Sword
Laconia Axe
Silver Tusk ( Silver Fang )
Psycho Wand (was in PSO)

(Ps II)
Nei Sword
Nei Shot

(Ps III)
Nei Claw
Nei Bow
Nei Slicer
Orakio's Black Sword

(PsIV)

Elsydeon

PSO Special Rares:
" Lavis Cannon ", " Double Cannon ", " Sealed-J Sword ", and
the "Ruby Bullet" (a.k.a. J.J.'s Nu-Zillion Gun from the Sega Anime series & game " Zillion ".)

Eclypse
Aug 28, 2006, 09:49 PM
What is people obsession with anything Nei related?

ShadowDragon28
Aug 28, 2006, 09:55 PM
If you played Phantasy Star II on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive back in 1989, you'd understand. Here's the Wiki on it to clear up the importance of Nei in the Phantasy Star mythos....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star_II

Eclypse
Aug 28, 2006, 10:04 PM
I know who Nei is because I've played the PS series back on Genesis, but I still don't understand the fascination with her. I can understand the weapons from a nostalgic point, but the Nei items aren't anymore significant than say a Flowen's Sword or a DB Saber for that matter. The Nei's Claw was one of the worst weapons on PSO and people obsessed over it for no reason whatsoever.

Kyuu
Aug 28, 2006, 10:39 PM
The real Nei's Claw was a very decent weapon, actually. The only thing that made it not absolutely terrific was the fact that claw weapons were so-so in general in PSO due to the way they comboed. However, a real Nei's Claw could still whip out some nice damage.

And the fascination is, obviously, with the fact that the weapon is associated with a well-loved character from a previous PS. If you don't like Nei or Rika or whoever, that's fine. Just because you can't understand isn't any reason others of us can't love the characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-28 20:47 ]</font>

zandra117
Aug 28, 2006, 10:42 PM
On 2006-08-28 20:04, Eclypse wrote:
I know who Nei is because I've played the PS series back on Genesis, but I still don't understand the fascination with her. I can understand the weapons from a nostalgic point, but the Nei items aren't anymore significant than say a Flowen's Sword or a DB Saber for that matter. The Nei's Claw was one of the worst weapons on PSO and people obsessed over it for no reason whatsoever.

A Real Nei's claw with no percents can do over 1000 damage with its awesome spirit special, When combined with a god/battle it is an awesome weapon. Plus it looks cool.

Eclypse
Aug 28, 2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah but I a Charge Vulcan with at least 10% hit or 2 God/Arm would so even more damage than 1000 overall.

Eclypse
Aug 28, 2006, 11:34 PM
On 2006-08-28 20:39, Kyuu wrote:

And the fascination is, obviously, with the fact that the weapon is associated with a well-loved character from a previous PS. If you don't like Nei or Rika or whoever, that's fine. Just because you can't understand isn't any reason others of us can't love the characters.

Now did I ever say anything about people should like them..............No I did not so calm down junior. I don't care if you like Rika or Nei, I simply asked why people like them so much as to name there characters after them etc etc.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 29, 2006, 01:56 AM
Why do people interested in mythology like Athurian Legends? the sword Excaliber? The Golden Fleece and the characters accosiated with it? Why is Darth Vader's light saber popular with Star Wars Fans?

It's the mystique factor, and "vibe" the characters, or objects seem to have for some people that are very interested in the mythos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-08-28 23:56 ]</font>

Kyuu
Aug 29, 2006, 02:14 AM
On 2006-08-28 21:34, Eclypse wrote:

Now did I ever say anything about people should like them..............No I did not so calm down junior. I don't care if you like Rika or Nei, I simply asked why people like them so much as to name there characters after them etc etc.
Why do people like pie? Why do some people prefer boxers while others like briefs, and yet others like to go *gasp* commando?! Why do some people think that making condescending remarks somehow makes them more credible? (Or possibly they're just stroking their own ego?)

Some people like things, other people like other things, and yet other people like other, different things.

Does it really matter why some people love characters like Rika and Nei while others don't?

Valkayree
Aug 29, 2006, 11:07 AM
On 2006-08-28 15:32, Eclypse wrote:
Snow Queen is garbage. No combo attacks and the FS freezes just as good since it attacks more and much faster.

Frozen shooter was nice, but only froze one at a time. Snow queen freezes everything in its path, cuts through enemies in a straight line. It's use is completely different than FS. You should not carry snow queen to be your primary attacking weapon. That would be stupid. I guess your reasoning for the snow queen being "garbage" quite possibly stems from the fact that you may not have known how to line up your mobs to get the most out of it. 99% on the freeze as well. No combo attacks needed. If you used anything but the special attack on that weapon at any given time you were wasting an attack. It was one of the ultimate support weapons.

leinhart69
Aug 29, 2006, 12:04 PM
true, i loved my snow queen