PDA

View Full Version : PSU (PC-JPver) Language Question

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 07:26 PM
I'm sure there will be English support because most JPN games have English support built in, but the onscreen text will more than likely be Japanese.

ShadowNeo
Aug 27, 2006, 07:26 PM
Hello all,

Please forgive an old PSO veteran for being lazy and not searching for information about this, but has anything been released concerning the languages supported in the Japanese version of PSU (PC)? I know that its most likely going to be Japanese only, but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Inazuma
Aug 27, 2006, 07:32 PM
im sure it wont support it b/c they are trying to keep the eng players on the eng ver.

uhawww
Aug 27, 2006, 07:38 PM
The standard format for entering Japanese text piggybacks the standard IME.
Therefore It is impossible to support Japanese language without supporting English.
Your standard Japanese game supports only English and Japanese IMEs
The question is, however, will the English version support Japanese.
Anyone who's played FFXI on a Japanese client knows you can use both freely, however the Japanese IME is not supported for input on the NA releases.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-08-27 17:39 ]</font>

Eclypse
Aug 27, 2006, 09:30 PM
They are not trying to keep the English players on the English version because they are a business and businesses like making money.

Ether
Aug 27, 2006, 11:15 PM
On 2006-08-27 19:30, Eclypse wrote:
They are not trying to keep the English players on the English version because they are a business and businesses like making money.

You arent very familiar with how Sega works, are you?

White_Zephyr
Aug 27, 2006, 11:21 PM
On 2006-08-27 17:38, uhawww wrote:
The standard format for entering Japanese text piggybacks the standard IME.
Therefore It is impossible to support Japanese language without supporting English.
Your standard Japanese game supports only English and Japanese IMEs
The question is, however, will the English version support Japanese.
Anyone who's played FFXI on a Japanese client knows you can use both freely, however the Japanese IME is not supported for input on the NA releases.

Exactly, although, we won't NEED it. It would however be great to get a group of japanese speakers together to practice or keep their skills honed. I'm pretty terrible with japanese though. I could probably pass the JLPT 4 with no problem as long as I learned the necessary kanji (and grammar *throws up*). I was a member of a japanese onry linkshell in FFXI, they were very considerate and generous in everything related to me. I was able to communicate with them on a basic level, but I could successfully convey any non-complex thought.

I hated having to rely on a cumbersome 3rd party IME input program; it got in the way a lot. I can understand why IME support was left out of the US ver of FFXI, but I'm still mad it was. Firstly, I'm sure it was easier to remove it than anything else programming wise. Secondly, I'm sure that S-E wanted the U.S. PC and PS2 versions to be similar in all possible ways.

なにしろ、私の二つ円w