PDA

View Full Version : 8.31GB

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 01:13 AM
Heh sorry i dont have a link but some JP site said psu's size.
8.31GB

I cant conferm any of this but they have the disks and not me.
It apparently comes on 2 DVDs
first disk 4.06GB
second disk 4.25GB

Keep in mind
WoW is only 5-6 lol
The PC PSU beta was 555MB.......
PS2 Beta <1.25GB-est>
so if this is true the game can be expected to have
16x more content than the pc beta.....

~Nathan sorry for spelling as allways

hypersaxon
Aug 28, 2006, 01:24 AM
I thought it came on a dual-layer DVD-9 disc.

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 01:27 AM
Heh Remember this might be wrong!
The duallayer thing might be for the ps2 as 2 disks would suck and this might be cheaper.

Foxix
Aug 28, 2006, 02:13 AM
hmmm all signs are leading to this game being a hefty 8-10 gigs... lord, how much extra content can there be? Are we going to be looking at what they did with pso to the extreme? Like how later in PSO's lifetime how they released the tower quests. This time are they shooting for more than that o.O I want to hope so but I don't want to get my hopes up only to have them crashing down. They never used anywhere near all of the extra content on PSO.

I have recently gotten on to a private server so I am online in PSO again. The people that run this server actually, from what I hear, have patched many of the problems that caused FSOD. They also ban people, update with user made/downloadable quests, and make the game save a great deal more for protection. I have somewhat lost hope in ST seeing as how a small detirmined group of people have down more in 3 years to help a game than the creators/large devolopement group have since its conception.... well other than creating the game in the first place.

I am not trying to start anything, its just having after seeing this I have become severely dissapointed.

However, PSO did something noone had ever seen on a console. This was pretty much unexplored territory and the fact that they did as well as they did is still quite the accomplishment. Seeing how PSOBB is supposed to be a godsend, and all things considered, PSU is looking like it just may accomplish all of its goals and sayig that I can't wait to create my character and go on a rappy rampage http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

whoa.... that got off topic o.o

Ether
Aug 28, 2006, 02:22 AM
On 2006-08-27 23:13, NuclearRanger wrote:

CG CUTSCENES AND DIALOGUE IN OFFLINE MODE

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 28, 2006, 02:37 AM
Discussion of private servers is against forum rules.

Foxix
Aug 28, 2006, 02:43 AM
Actually you can bring it up but you can't ask for/mention who's/say any names of it, I was being VERY vague. It's kind of like the cheating section, you can talk about it, just not how to do something or go in to the specifics. All I said was that I play on one and that they have done more and gave some examples of what they have done.

People can say they have a TJS with +5 billion to dark and other things about it. They cannot, however, go about saying how to obtain one and whatnot.

Ether brings up a good point on the Cutscenes/Dialouge, but can we really expect the game to be that C/D heavy?

Edit: if I went to far I will be happy to delete/heavily edit my old post http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2006-08-28 00:45 ]</font>

Kyuu
Aug 28, 2006, 02:48 AM
On 2006-08-28 00:43, Foxix wrote:

Ether brings up a good point on the Cutscenes/Dialouge, but can we really expect the game to be that C/D heavy?
Yes, we can.

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 02:49 AM
On 2006-08-28 00:22, Ether wrote:

On 2006-08-27 23:13, NuclearRanger wrote:

CG CUTSCENES AND DIALOGUE IN OFFLINE MODE

Um sorry if this seems like an attack on you because it might be.

You had that in allcaps saying congrats bla bla

Im going to take this like your yelling at me and go right back.......
You have no computer exp. do you.... do you know how much cutscenes and dialogue it would take to make 8GB? Not to mention the cutscenes are not prerenderd so they take up VERY VERY little space the only ones that add space are the ones like the spacships blowing up and such AND this game has "bad" graphics compaired to more current games meening that the data for anyone file is smaller thus fitting more into 8GB
To put it this way you could have about 80 hours of music or this game they are about the same.

Gamefiles are compressed- they take less space so uncompressed this game could realy be huge.

Sorry try not to post so fast and in such a "DUH IM RIGHT" sort of way loose the CG and all caps

Foxix
Aug 28, 2006, 02:55 AM
I was going to type something very similar to that NuclearRanger but I am far too lazy >_<
But what in the hell could take up that much space? Do you think ST really has plans to have weekly content?

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 02:56 AM
On 2006-08-28 00:48, Kyuu wrote:

On 2006-08-28 00:43, Foxix wrote:

Yes, we can.

Like I said those files are not that big. Comparitivly to say a movie of the same lengh because the same files used to generate the movie will be in the rest of the game like for instance theres a movie with ethan. The movie is not saving another eathan or anything it only tells the camera to move around him and then the dio. The dio would I beleve almost be bigger.

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 03:00 AM
On 2006-08-28 00:55, Foxix wrote:
I was going to type something very similar to that NuclearRanger but I am far too lazy >_<
But what in the hell could take up that much space? Do you think ST really has plans to have weekly content?

Thank you.

and for the content yes weekly content will be unlocked from this data allthough!! We can accualy count on this unlike in pso because ST has a planed calander for the next 3 years of weekly updates so they will be on time.

Sega said this- PSO- we thought this game would only last a few months

PSU- we are not going to make the same misstakes as with pso We have a calander for weekly updates threw <date somtime 3-4 years after the game comes out>

Note. Obiously those arnt quotes but they did say somthing very similer

Kyuu
Aug 28, 2006, 03:07 AM
Audio and video files take up a lot of space, actually.

Obviously, some of that is in fact content we haven't seen. However, the point is that your figure of 16x more content is ludicrous. Quite a lot of that is in fact audio and video data for Story Mode.

SephYuyX
Aug 28, 2006, 08:22 AM
FFXI is 10gb, so PSU being 8 doesnt surprise me at all.

MoonSblaise
Aug 28, 2006, 08:47 AM
FFXI was 10GB!?!?! I had it and thought it was only 6 lol, guess i cant complain on how much space PSU takes up then ^_^ Moonshadeblaise: 56SAM/28War

SephYuyX
Aug 28, 2006, 09:27 AM
Well, ok, 10gb after all the the expansions and updates.. I think it may be more than 10 now though, ill have to check when I get home.

patient
Aug 28, 2006, 10:45 AM
Well maybe the simple reason why PSU weighs in at a predicted 10Gigs is simply because.... there are no updates for it!!!!

It's like Blizzard installing the last 2 years of WoW updates on opening day... except minus the major bug fixes.

It actually is one of the reasons why I have somewhat lost interest in PSU as well. =|

FFXI comes into 6.70Gig with 2 expansions installed and sheesh how many years of large updates. I do not have the newest expansion installed, but would speculate it comes in close to 8Gigs at that point. Again, even if it did approach the same size, thats after years of Updates and 3 expansions.

Saner
Aug 28, 2006, 10:47 AM
they can compress it into one DVD anyways right? ah well, a 2-disk set doesn't sound bad. but is 2 discs really confirmed?

well at least if the offline disk gets eaten my killer tomatoes, you still have the online disk in good condition. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pizza.gif

Kyuu
Aug 28, 2006, 10:59 AM
FFXI does not have a bunch of audio and video data for a seperate offline story-mode. PSU does. That's why it weighs in heavier than FFXI or WoW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-28 09:02 ]</font>

PandaMasterX4
Aug 28, 2006, 11:00 AM
10 gigs isn't bad. I take it the average person should have an 80 gig - 200 gig HD.

Saner
Aug 28, 2006, 11:10 AM
On 2006-08-28 08:45, patient wrote:
Well maybe the simple reason why PSU weighs in at a predicted 10Gigs is simply because.... there are no updates for it!!!!

It's like Blizzard installing the last 2 years of WoW updates on opening day... except minus the major bug fixes.

It actually is one of the reasons why I have somewhat lost interest in PSU as well. =|

that doesn't make sense. it's great this way because either way you'll still be getting 'updates' when the time is right. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

there are updates they are already stored on the disk but so what if it's "already in the basket or a stork will deliver it later on", they still count for the CONTENT they will provide! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

so you should be grateful!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

kajioni
Aug 28, 2006, 11:27 AM
i have guild wars and it takes up a measly 2.43 gigs. That is with video and audio for the not offline story mode. I also have EVE and that is 1.3 gigs. The amount of audio and cg in offline mode isn't going to make it huge. it has to be something else. ok i get it now. The disk space required for it is 3gigs. It is going to ship on one DvD with 3 gigs of info. It says 10 gigs required for product. In other words. they are expecting futrure updates/expansions to eventually take up 10 gigs. So Calm down people. it won't have two DvD's, it will be one. The Ps2 Won't have more content. The Xbox360 won't have more content. It is an estimation for the amount of updates it will have.

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 12:00 PM
Lol FFXI on the 360 took me an entire night to install on a high speed connection. It has to be larger than 10MB, or maybe it was due to high traffic, or the fact I was downloading years of updates and three expansion sets. Yeah maybe thats it =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-08-28 10:03 ]</font>

PandaMasterX4
Aug 28, 2006, 12:03 PM
On 2006-08-28 10:00, Valkayree wrote:
Lol FFXI on the 360 took me an entire night to install on a high speed connection. It has to be larger than 10MB, or maybe it was due to high traffic, or the fact I was downloading years of updates and three expansion sets. Yeah maybe thats it =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-08-28 10:02 ]</font>

The game itself was 10, after the updates... well then that's another story. You also have to remember it's FFXI, Rise of Zilart, Chains of Promathia, and Treasures of Aht Urgah that you were installing.

MoonSblaise
Aug 28, 2006, 12:04 PM
XD Sheash i'm stuck on a measley 57GB HD

kajioni
Aug 28, 2006, 01:29 PM
i only have a measely 80gigs. of which i have 13.7 gigs remaining. my poor hardrive. it yells at me.

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 01:47 PM
You know your only soposto fill a Harddrive half full before you loose speed right?

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 01:56 PM
Remember the game could be smaller or bigger because im not sure if this is even right

Kyuu
Aug 28, 2006, 04:06 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty positive Guild Wars' "story mode" is nowhere near as large as PSU's. PSU's story mode has a lot of cutscenes with a lot of spoken dialogue, as well as CG cutscenes.

I'm not saying the audio/video data is taking up ALL that extra space, but quite obviously it's taking up a good chunk of it.

kajioni
Aug 28, 2006, 04:55 PM
you misunderstood me, yes, guild wars has a poor story mode. but. i checked online, and PSU ships with only 3gigs,
not ten
Disk Space: minimum 3.0GB (10GB required for product)
in other words, they predicted 10 gigs for all the patches and updates.

in all minimum requirements, the amount of disk space is always the same. however. it says 3 gig minimum, 10 gigs for product, 7 gigs for expansions and other things, not 10 gigs for the original game. there has never been any game made that is more than 3 gigs. when you combine them with expansions and updates, they get larger, but they are still not inherently more than there original size

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kajioni on 2006-08-28 14:58 ]</font>

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 05:23 PM
Kajoni....... You must be another Comp gaming newb.... No game ever made bigger than 3 GB?
FEAR?
Doom?
Quake4?
WoW?
Starwarz battlefront?
FF11?
Dude there are so many games that are over 4-5 GB its not funny.... what are you plaing?
Barbie goes to the mall 6?
http://www.Kajioni.justgotowned.com

Like i said i have no proof that site was right but it listed 2 disks with PSU and byte mesurments so.... yea

Ryudo
Aug 28, 2006, 05:33 PM
On 2006-08-28 14:55, kajioni wrote:
you misunderstood me, yes, guild wars has a poor story mode. but. i checked online, and PSU ships with only 3gigs,
not ten

in all minimum requirements, the amount of disk space is always the same. however. it says 3 gig minimum, 10 gigs for product, 7 gigs for expansions and other things, not 10 gigs for the original game. there has never been any game made that is more than 3 gigs. when you combine them with expansions and updates, they get larger, but they are still not inherently more than there original size

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kajioni on 2006-08-28 14:58 ]</font>

and where praytell is this 7GB of data going to be downloaded onto the ps2? ~_~

Parn
Aug 28, 2006, 05:37 PM
Absolutely nowhere, since the PS2 version of the game fits on a standard DVD, which means the movies are probably heavily compressed like they were on the premiere disc. The Japanese have already been gracious enough to throw up a torrent of the game on the internet. I wonder how much this is going to cut into sales.

Saner
Aug 28, 2006, 05:41 PM
well it won't cut into the PS2 and Xbox360 sales at all pretty much since they won't have access to the torrent.

and even PC people who download game torrents, they might not have the required specs to run it.

so piracy will be at a minimum.

Kyunji
Aug 28, 2006, 05:57 PM
On 2006-08-28 15:41, Saner wrote:
well it won't cut into the PS2 and Xbox360 sales at all pretty much since they won't have access to the torrent.

and even PC people who download game torrents, they might not have the required specs to run it.

so piracy will be at a minimum.

That's waaaay too optomistic, even for you. The only people likely to download a ten gigabyte game (that's TEN GIGABYTES, just for emphasis) are those with access to high-speed Internet services. Most people who have high-speed Internet access are going to have high-end computers.

Besides, according to a certain thread on a certain web site which I am certainly not about to link to or answer questions about for those who lack the mental capacity to search using Google, there are about three seeds for the PS2 torrent and 1,500 or so people downloading it. A relatively small number, to be certain, but still enough to show that there are many, many people who want this game. Who bothers to download a game if they can't run it?

On 2006-08-28 14:55, kajioni wrote:
not ten

This is another point I would like to address. By your logic, the game will more than double in size (in fact, grow about 2.5 times as large) from updates alone. Not only is this completely and totally illogical, what about PS2 users? The PC and PS2 servers are linked, so what'll happen to those who only have room for sixteen megabytes' (or however much a PS2 memory card holds) worth of updates?

I could go on and on about how illogical this theory is, but I think the above point is enough. Chances are that the three gigabytes are for a "minimal install," where most content is run off of the CD, and the ten gigabytes are for a "full install," where the game is run virtually entirely off of one's computer, although the CD may still be required for authentication of the game. (Crack time.)

Zalana
Aug 28, 2006, 06:08 PM
PS2 PSU = 3.55GB

Velocity_7
Aug 28, 2006, 06:42 PM
The 8.31 GB is not PSU, it's something else. It already says on SEGA JP's website that the disc will be on a double-layer DVD disc, check the specifications area on http://phantasystaruniverse.com for more details on that.

Foxix
Aug 28, 2006, 06:54 PM
Zalana di you even read Kyunji's post? He's right the 3 gigs needed will e for minimal install. There won't be any actual content updates because 1. ST never planned any 2. The PS2 does not have the capacity and 3. its all located on the disc and can be arranged/rearranged as necessary.

When it says 10 gigs it means full install!

Fleece
Aug 28, 2006, 07:01 PM
actually its 4.5 on my torrent HOHOHOHOHOHOHO

Dont bother asking me for it. you wont get it.

Unless your PJ

Ether
Aug 28, 2006, 07:02 PM
On 2006-08-28 16:08, Zalana wrote:
PS2 PSU = 3.55GB

Compressed rar

Fleece
Aug 28, 2006, 07:10 PM
75 packs of shear RAR extraction goodness.....

Inazuma
Aug 28, 2006, 07:16 PM
you ppl already finished downloading? mine is going very slow ><

Fleece
Aug 28, 2006, 07:23 PM
man....i dont even OWN a ps2 and im downloading it

Zalana
Aug 28, 2006, 07:29 PM
It depends on how people rip the game and it won't go over the standard DVD size lol unless it's more than one disc/DVD9. The game is actually 3.55GB for the PS2 Foxix and yes I did read. That's a full game! Anything after that is either (A) A update/patch or (B) A addon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zalana on 2006-08-28 18:08 ]</font>

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 07:38 PM
Sony takes the file and makes it into its ps2 format wich is compressed

EXP- game starts as 6 sony makes it 4 then rar makes it 3

ps2 JP does not have a english mode sorry

Kyunji
Aug 28, 2006, 07:39 PM
On 2006-08-28 17:29, Zalana wrote:
It depends on how people rip the game and it won't go over the standard DVD size lol unless it's more than one disc/DVD9. The game is actually 3.55GB for the PS2 Foxix and yes I did read. That's a full install! Anything after that is either (A) A update/patch or (B) A addon.

Apparently, you failed to read the rest of the topic.

On 2006-08-28 17:02, Ether wrote:

PS2 PSU = 3.55GB

Compressed rar

So yeah, it's actually going to be much, much larger. I'm not certain exactly how much, but I would guess quite a bit - probably enough to the point where it'll be too large to fit on a Swap Magic-compatible DVD.

Fleece
Aug 28, 2006, 07:41 PM
Generally rar'ing doesnt compress that much on an ISO.

But im sure you all knew that....

Velocity_7
Aug 28, 2006, 07:45 PM
PS2 PSU is on a DVD5 so you people know. Meaning no DVD9 presses for the PS2.

Zalana
Aug 28, 2006, 07:45 PM
On 2006-08-28 17:39, Kyunji wrote:

It depends on how people rip the game and it won't go over the standard DVD size lol unless it's more than one disc/DVD9. The game is actually 3.55GB for the PS2 Foxix and yes I did read. That's a full install! Anything after that is either (A) A update/patch or (B) A addon.

PS2 PSU = 3.55GB

Compressed rar

So yeah, it's actually going to be much, much larger. I'm not certain exactly how much, but I would guess quite a bit - probably enough to the point where it'll be too large to fit on a Swap Magic-compatible DVD.

Apparently, you failed to understand what I'm saying...

Kyunji
Aug 28, 2006, 07:51 PM
On 2006-08-28 17:45, Zalana wrote:

On 2006-08-28 17:39, Kyunji wrote:

PS2 PSU = 3.55GB

Compressed rar

Apparently, you failed to understand what I'm saying...

Then please, elaborate.

If what Velocity_7 said above is true, then perhaps you're right. However, the game is still larger that 3.55 gigabytes.

EDIT: Okay, the final size is 3.97 gigabytes. Eh, whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyunji on 2006-08-28 18:04 ]</font>

Fleece
Aug 28, 2006, 07:54 PM
Not much larger.

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 07:59 PM
On 2006-08-28 17:54, Fleece wrote:
Not much larger.

You are correct a rar might only add 1 gb to it once it is unrared but like i said above SONY has its own format
Dont judge it by the ps2 version.

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 08:00 PM
Like i said though that site could have been talking about
phantasy studs unleashed?

idk XD

Zalana
Aug 28, 2006, 08:04 PM
I'm only talking about the PS2 ver. I hope no one is thinking I'm talking about the PC ver.

Ether
Aug 28, 2006, 08:05 PM
he game is actually 3.55GB for the PS2 Foxix and yes I did read. That's a full install!

LOL @ INSTALLING A PS2 GAME!

Zalana
Aug 28, 2006, 08:07 PM
Fixed. lOl

And it's not fake too.

Volume in drive L is PSU
Volume Serial Number is CFAC-8954

Directory of L:

07/07/2006 04:05 AM <DIR> ERX
07/07/2006 04:05 AM <DIR> LICENCE
07/07/2006 04:05 AM <DIR> MODULES
07/07/2006 04:05 AM <DIR> NETCNF
06/07/2006 07:37 PM 514,652,160 CDPSU0.AFS
06/14/2006 06:20 PM 428,578,816 CDPSU1.AFS
07/07/2006 06:41 AM 3,282,714,624 PSUROFS.CVM
07/07/2006 02:41 AM 866,816 SLPM_660.31
06/28/2006 01:11 AM 77 SYSTEM.CNF
5 File(s) 4,226,812,493 bytes
4 Dir(s) 0 bytes free

L:>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zalana on 2006-08-28 18:12 ]</font>

Kyunji
Aug 28, 2006, 08:16 PM
On 2006-08-28 18:07, Zalana wrote:
Fixed. lOl

And it's not fake too.

Volume in drive L is PSU
Volume Serial Number is CFAC-8954

Directory of L:

07/07/2006 04:05 AM <DIR> ERX
07/07/2006 04:05 AM <DIR> LICENCE
07/07/2006 04:05 AM <DIR> MODULES
07/07/2006 04:05 AM <DIR> NETCNF
06/07/2006 07:37 PM 514,652,160 CDPSU0.AFS
06/14/2006 06:20 PM 428,578,816 CDPSU1.AFS
07/07/2006 06:41 AM 3,282,714,624 PSUROFS.CVM
07/07/2006 02:41 AM 866,816 SLPM_660.31
06/28/2006 01:11 AM 77 SYSTEM.CNF
5 File(s) 4,226,812,493 bytes
4 Dir(s) 0 bytes free

L:>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zalana on 2006-08-28 18:12 ]</font>

Hey, I'm reading the thread over there too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyunji on 2006-08-28 18:17 ]</font>

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 11:10 PM
haha! Allright well time for some more ip scans,
the torrent will be mine >.>

SephYuyX
Aug 29, 2006, 08:21 AM
On 2006-08-28 21:10, NuclearRanger wrote:
haha! Allright well time for some more ip scans,
the torrent will be mine >.>

Because Google is so hard to use.

Nuclearranger
Aug 29, 2006, 02:03 PM
Seriously The PC version is slightly harder to find. When I find the torrent I might piss myself lol
Im going to BUY the US version though so I can accualy play online lol

Nisshoku
Aug 29, 2006, 02:07 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

AndrewLD16
Aug 29, 2006, 03:23 PM
8-10 gigs? Damn...

drakkula
Aug 29, 2006, 04:17 PM
what about the torrent for pc? im gonna buy the game, just want to make sure i can play it on my laptop!!!

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drakkula on 2006-08-29 14:18 ]</font>

Kayai
Aug 29, 2006, 04:33 PM
hmm really though, its not that big...i mean, nothing to really complain about

Ketchup345
Aug 29, 2006, 04:38 PM
Don't ask about torrents on this site.

Please don't double post.