PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting PSU for 360?

Folofle
Aug 28, 2006, 08:29 AM
Anyone?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Folofle on 2006-08-28 06:30 ]</font>

XredX
Aug 28, 2006, 08:38 AM
Dont like Xbox

MoonSblaise
Aug 28, 2006, 08:45 AM
With the amount of problems i've heard from it, i'm glad i'm not ^_^

Dingo
Aug 28, 2006, 10:46 AM
Nah I'll pass on that version. Small community and possible instances of framedrop due to unoptimized coding weigh far heavier than the lack of HDD, low-res and low framerate on PS2.

Saner
Aug 28, 2006, 10:53 AM
ya if 360 version ends up like the PSO Xbox version or worse, that may turn out to be an unsatisfactory option for me if it's not optimized and linked.

plus it looks like it's going to be isolated and I prefer linked systems for a bigger community and larger communities tend to last longer than small isolated ones.

ya PS2 is most comfortable for me. I don't need/want voice chat and I've had pleasant comfort with many online games with this system, including FF11.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/frenchfries.gif

I would like the Xbox360 version to be as great as possible since I also have a Xbox360,

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ketchup.gif

but from the looks of things it's kind of being held back in gameplay/performance potential, considering the 360 version of FF11 is linked to all systems, the 360 version of PSU doesn't look like a promising choice compared to PS2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-28 08:53 ]</font>

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 12:21 PM
Hmm, guess I need to step in and give the 360 version a good post. Voice chat, come on... Come on... Invaluable for organizing S-rank runs. You can weed out the 12 year olds. More personable than text. PS2 will be a dead language when PS3 arrives, and my PS2 is old and fragile. My PC can barely connect to the internet at the same time I have winamp open, lol PII needs an upgrade, so 360 is my kind of system. Large or small community, doesn't matter with PSU, people will buy the game for all systems regardless. Only in mmos does overcrowding become a burden. I tell myself everyday on FFXI, if only they made platform specific servers and limited the amount of people on here, I wouldn't have to compete with 35 RMT bots to get a tree cutting so I can make 10k so I can get a teleport and some food to meet my friends. I hate overcrowding by exploiters ><

Frezzo
Aug 28, 2006, 12:43 PM
On 2006-08-28 10:21, Valkayree wrote:
I tell myself everyday on FFXI, if only they made platform specific servers and limited the amount of people on here, I wouldn't have to compete with 35 RMT bots to get a tree cutting so I can make 10k so I can get a teleport and some food to meet my friends. I hate overcrowding by exploiters ><

FF11 gives its best on these things:P
anyway 360^ same reasons as the poster above^^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frezzo on 2006-08-28 10:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frezzo on 2006-08-28 10:45 ]</font>

parabolee
Aug 28, 2006, 12:47 PM
God listen to the bias in this thread!

There was nothing wrong with the Xbox version of PSO, I have and played both GC and XB PSO and they were virtually identical. The only difference was an effect on the telepipe and voice chat. And at the end of the day neither was better than the other unless you preffered voice chat or text chat.

The problems with the 360 version will most likely be fixed well before release the 360 hardware will make it easy to get running at a perfect frame rate.

The last preview I read for PSU on PS2 after E3 said the framerate sucked and from the demo it looked pretty solid to me so if they can fix the PS2 they can fix 360.

If you want to play it on PS2 that's fine but let's not bash the 360 version just because your trying to convince yourself that it isn't a vastly superior version in the graphics department (being the same as the PC). Having played the PS2 version and seen plenty of high res PC/360 screens I can safely say that the PS2 version is butt ugly. Washed out colours, horrible ant-alias. Designed for it or not it looks pretty damn ugly. And since I have a hi-def TV I know the 360 version will be delicious (even though it wont look as good as any other 360 game).

And the 360 has a VERY solid online community, one that easily compares to the PS2, so the fact that PSU will be the online online RPG i can gaurantee that it will have a decent community. I mean the PS2 has an online setup only slightly better that the GC!!! OK That's an exageration but playing online on the PS2 is painfull (no cross game friends list's, no way to communicte with friends playing other games online or offline). I've played a lot of online games on PS2 and found everyone to be a vastly inferior experience to even Xbox 1. So the LIVE community on 360 gets a HUGE tick in the 360 box for me.

The 360 community will easily fill the lobbies you are in so if there are a few less lobby's than PS2/PC who cares? It's not like it will effect the game! Like i said i played XB and GC PSO and GC had a much larger community but playing XB PSO never felt any different as far as community went because there was always plenty of people to play with.

And I am truely suprised that Saner has a 360 because he/she bashes it and every chance.

Saner
Aug 28, 2006, 01:00 PM
And I am truely suprised that Saner has a 360 because he/she bashes it and every chance.

Im not bashing it, I'm being honest. and it isn't like I returned it or traded it in; it might be useful in the future and currently I do play a few games on it but overall I have more fun with my PS2 games than Xbox360 games.

Voice chat is overrated because in these type of games communication is not that important during battles, things can be planned beforehand and people would know their jobs and how to survive through experience anyway.
besides voice chat is not perfect either, sometimes you can't hear what they are saying and it's annoying having to repeat oneself.

and even for the Xbox360 version there will be people without headset who will use keyboard anyways so you might as well get used to it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif like FF11 and WoW, keyboard is more universal and everyone can read what is sent. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saigan
Aug 28, 2006, 01:02 PM
360 for offline for improved graphics. PS2 for online due to larger community thanks to cross-compatibility with PC users. Also a second PS2 is only 100$ so my girlfriend and I can play together.

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 02:04 PM
like FF11 and WoW, keyboard is more universal and everyone can read what is sent. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hehe I'd rather have noise contamination through my headset than contamination on my screen as represented by text. At least then I can see what is going on, but we all have our preferences. I just don't like stopping my character completely so I can type something. Easier to just say it, especially in a tense battle situation if you run out of mates or fluids and need to borrow from a friend during a boss battle, or something similar.

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 02:05 PM
like FF11 and WoW, keyboard is more universal and everyone can read what is sent. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hehe I'd rather have noise contamination through my headset than contamination on my screen as represented by text. At least then I can see what is going on, but we all have our preferences. I just don't like stopping my character completely so I can type something. Easier to just say it, especially in a tense battle situation if you run out of mates or fluids and need to borrow from a friend during a boss battle, or something similar.

Saner
Aug 28, 2006, 02:08 PM
well its no problem to us PSO veterans. and even FF11 text logs can take up more space than text bubbles, but of course everyone who played those are used to it by now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

text bubbles are part of the fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 02:47 PM
Hehe, I think most of us here can be classified as PSO vets in one way or another. Keep in mind you can be a veteran of PSO and have never touched a keyboard while playing the game. All Xbox users, despite popular belief, are not 12 year old idiots, although they do occupy a sizeable portion of the population =/ But like I said, it all boils down to personal preference... I hate text on my screen, I usually turn my HUD off or to minimum in all my games if I have the option. Chat filters on max, etc. Saner you and others may like the text or don't care one way or another, it's cool, no problem here. I do like the little emote bubbles on PSU though, looks innovative.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 28, 2006, 02:52 PM
My PC would hate me if I did. It's be like "wtf are you going to a system that can't handle as much as I can... and all for voice chat? Get team speak beech!"

qoxolg
Aug 28, 2006, 04:11 PM
Got nothing else to run it on, so 360 all the way!

I can imagine why people don't like voicechat on XBL. Thats mostly because you've played games like shooters where there are always morons that have to ruin the game with stupid babbling.

But on coorperative games, voicechat is great! it's alot easier to explain things over voice chat, it saves alot of time as well. The best thing is you can hear how old someone is over voicechat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I always quickly leave a game when I hear a high pitched girly voice, great way to avoid 12 year old boys! But I believe the community of PSU will be alot more mature than most other populair games, so that won't be any problem at all.

Blueblur
Aug 28, 2006, 04:38 PM
You can get voicechat on PC through separate programs if you so wish. I won't be playing the X360 version because old PSO buddies of mine will be on the PC/PS2 versions. And I play on Xbox Live regularly, the annoying kids are at least half of th XBL population. I won't be missing them.

Saner
Aug 28, 2006, 05:37 PM
And I play on Xbox Live regularly, the annoying kids are at least half of th XBL population. I won't be missing them.

true but there are also many very annoying and rude adults too on XBL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Blueblur
Aug 28, 2006, 05:49 PM
Oh, I play Halo 2. Almost everyone is rude on XBL.

UniKoRn
Aug 28, 2006, 07:22 PM
I don't even have an Xbox 360 yet. But the main thing that puts me off getting the Xbox 360 version is the lack of connectivity with PC/PS2 versions.

zandra117
Aug 28, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-08-28 15:49, Blueblur wrote:
Oh, I play Halo 2. Almost everyone is rude on XBL.

Halo 2 is a breeding ground for annoying 12 year olds.

Eclypse
Aug 28, 2006, 11:37 PM
The only people that are rude on Xbox Live are the games where you find tons of little kids playing them. The good thing about PSOX was the fact that you could ignore someone completely in voice chat. I am going back and forth between the PC and Xbox version but I will probably go to the PC version since I will be playing other games on my 360.

Nuclearranger
Aug 28, 2006, 11:56 PM
PC biggest playerbase and best graphics
360 will im sure have the top graphics too but still a small player base

Numnuttz
Aug 28, 2006, 11:56 PM
hmmm im still undecided between PS2 and 360. im finding it hard to decide which one is better. as everyone said above both systems have vaild points but im still unsure.only thing thats making me lean towards the ps2 and pc side is the fact my friend is willing to play but only on the ps2 cause he was able to buy one for 100 dollars. o well still got a couple of months to decide.

StratixEVO
Aug 29, 2006, 12:06 AM
OMG! Hahahaha, come on people! "Rude players on XBL"? Duh, and on every other network! The fact that the keyboard slows them from communicating how stupid they are, doesn't mean they're not there. Not to mention that XBL is designed so you can control who you play with, and if those you play with don't know how to boot idiots... well, I can see why you're sticking to the PS2 - I'll leave it at that, before I get nasty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

I love me some PS2 games, but the system was out-dated the day it hit the shelves. Heck, I remember playing Tekken Tag for five minutes then heading back to the Dreamcast for Soul Calibur and DOA, lol! The game is an absolute disgrace on PS2! I dug out my Dreamcast for PSO just to see something pretty.... no, seriously, I did.

Ok, I'm gonna leave it at the graphics and XBL argument, I couldn't stop myself if I went on to other topics. Seriously, I know you spent money on it, so did I. I know you like some games on it, so do I. But that doesn't mean you have to support the PoS2, I mean have some dignity as a gamer. That thing has plagued great games with bland textures, poor sound, poor anti-aliasing, poor loading.... etc, etc, etc. XredX, you hit the nail on the head with a pic from DoC, compare that to FFX or X-2 - it actually looks WORSE at points because it has more going on, and it doesn't look any better otherwise, thats the power of PS2 for ya.

In closing, I think PSU will rock, so as long as you play it on any system, you're not selling yourself short. I also won't pretend to know what the community will turn out to be on 360, but remember that the PSO's flagship failed because people blindly followed PS2 into the dark. PS2 has yet to prove that its player base (outside of "vets") will support this game, 'cause they sure don't handle innovation too well, lol!

Word,
Stratix

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Aug 29, 2006, 12:11 AM
If the reviews come in good, yes, I probably will.

A2K
Aug 29, 2006, 12:27 AM
I'll probably end up getting it. The PC version is a definite, though.

Oji_Retta
Aug 29, 2006, 12:48 AM
That thing has plagued great games with bland textures, poor sound, poor anti-aliasing, poor loading.... etc, etc, etc.

*start rant* Improved tech has spoiled gamers I think. What makes great games isn't anti-aliasing, great textures, super fast loading, or awesome sound. I take those things like a cherry on top. I could care less for them. And I think I may have taken your post wrong but whatever. If the gameplay is great and there's a good story, I'm set. What makes a GAME great is GAMEPLAY first and foremost. Then comes story-honestly, if I want a story I can read a book. But stories are important to keep interest. Then comes graphics at the bottom. Who here liked/likes pong? I do even though I'm young. But I can understand where people who love graphics come from. And for the record, if games ever become photorealistic in my time, I'll quit them (more like a sim at that point). I think games should remain unrealistic (I mean they're games!). Sorry for the rant. *End rant*

Word,
Důc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oji_Retta on 2006-08-28 22:52 ]</font>

StratixEVO
Aug 29, 2006, 12:59 AM
*applauds rant* Yeah, you took it a bit wrong, but in doing so you better defined what I'm saying. You're right, like I said if you play PSU you win, despite the system. To me, graphics are a BIG cherry on top though lol. When I play games like FF, Kingdom Hearts, DoC (can you tell I've been in a Square Enix mood lately?), I get immersed but wish I could be visually immersed as well - not looking at graphics that remind me of the PS1.

And big props on the "photorealism" point. I think it would turn me off too, Oblivion or Dead Rising is about as far as I'd like to see em go, I much prefer off-realism.... close, but still other-worldy.

Oji_Retta
Aug 29, 2006, 01:11 AM
I suppose I like good graphics too its just that they're the last thing on my mind especially since I like GT Final Bout. Even though some say its terrible, I prefer its look to Budokai's or Sagas' for some reason- it just matches in my mind.

StratixEVO
Aug 29, 2006, 02:48 AM
As far as PSU goes, I'll mostly only play with those on my friends list or those I meet through my friends, which is actually the primary reason I'll go 360. If anyone could smooth out a game for the 360, it would be ST. So my community is set and getting the better graphics basically http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I would play PC though, if it released first and I had to wait a month or more for 360, but I doubt I'll have to do that.

So, unless you don't have a PC to play it on, I can't see a reason to go PS2? Maybe for the "comfort of console"? ... I'm so bitter, but I can only take so many deceits and lies before I hate a company. I mean, its one thing to fluff, but holy crap Sony, bend the truth - don't break it! Ok, ok, there is ONE instance where Sony only bends the truth. Thats when they talk about systems they move: Take note they always refer to systems SHIPPED, not SOLD - because you can't count all the exchanged systems as sold items, lol!

Folofle
Aug 29, 2006, 04:32 AM
Well the people who are complaning about things wrong with the 360 think, do you see anyone saying "My Xbox doesn't have problems!" No because it's just weird to say that if more people said their Xbox didn't have problems it would outweigh the people with problems. The community is growing for the 360 and it's not all whiny 12 olds. 360 will be the best because there will be no cheating. And you only need 6 people in a party! If sega puts out ads the popularity will go up probably double.

Dingo
Aug 29, 2006, 07:05 AM
Funny how people can call a low resolution version of a game 'butt-ugly'. Its only the fricken resolution...people are really falling for Microsofts 'HD-era' hype.

linkzone
Aug 29, 2006, 07:55 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: linkzone on 2006-08-29 06:12 ]</font>

linkzone
Aug 29, 2006, 07:59 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: linkzone on 2006-08-29 06:12 ]</font>

linkzone
Aug 29, 2006, 08:00 AM
Ok everyone is ranting so let me toss my penny down the wishing well. Graphics... Dont care.... Graphics dont make a game good... Online community... Dont care... I dont need bunch of people to play with... You people are all complaining about the little things. PSU is PSU. I dont care what system its on (I own all three). Stop being babys and buy if for whatever system you own. If like me you own multi-systems then flip a coin, put little pieces of paper in a hat, or just buy all three, but quit this system bashing. All systems have thier good points. *walks away* Geezzz...

linkzone
Aug 29, 2006, 08:07 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: linkzone on 2006-08-29 06:13 ]</font>

linkzone
Aug 29, 2006, 08:07 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: linkzone on 2006-08-29 06:13 ]</font>

linkzone
Aug 29, 2006, 08:09 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: linkzone on 2006-08-29 06:11 ]</font>

linkzone
Aug 29, 2006, 08:10 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: linkzone on 2006-08-29 06:10 ]</font>

linkzone
Aug 29, 2006, 08:14 AM
sorry bout the multi post. Dang thats alot of posts. Darn computers. I hate them, lol. Im not bashing it as a system Im beating it with my fists...

Oxidation
Aug 29, 2006, 09:50 AM
Getting it for pc, have my 360 but i actually traded in 360 games to get PSU for my trade-ins http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Magician
Aug 29, 2006, 09:51 AM
Yup, X360 player here; I'm definitely on board with PSU. Send me a FR if you intend on playing PSU. Please be sure to mention PSU in the FR, thanks.

Valkayree
Aug 29, 2006, 10:44 AM
On 2006-08-28 22:06, StratixEVO wrote:
OMG! Hahahaha, come on people! "Rude players on XBL"? Duh, and on every other network! The fact that the keyboard slows them from communicating how stupid they are, doesn't mean they're not there.

Lol, right on man. Trust me, it shows in FFXI. Only 1 in 10 vets I meet on that game have been nice people, and a grand majority of those are PC and PS2. I just hope 360 is separate because I have a strong feeling that the PC version will be hacked the first month. I swear if I see someone with an al rappy equipped... And the fact that JP is separate from EN kicks it up a notch because that means the day I get the game for US 360 is the day everyone else got the game for the US 360, so no japanese hardcore stay up all night without food drink or sleep nerds will get a head start on my server. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Excellent. For once I can join an online role playing game on a microsoft console that isn't 3 years old when it gets here.

Valkayree
Aug 29, 2006, 10:46 AM
On 2006-08-28 22:06, StratixEVO wrote:
OMG! Hahahaha, come on people! "Rude players on XBL"? Duh, and on every other network! The fact that the keyboard slows them from communicating how stupid they are, doesn't mean they're not there.

Lol, right on man. Trust me, it shows in FFXI. Only 1 in 10 vets I meet on that game have been nice people, and a grand majority of those are PC and PS2. I just hope 360 is separate because I have a strong feeling that the PC version will be hacked the first month. I swear if I see someone with an al rappy equipped... And the fact that JP is separate from EN kicks it up a notch because that means the day I get the game for US 360 is the day everyone else got the game for the US 360, so no japanese hardcore stay up all night without food drink or sleep nerds will get a head start on my server. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Excellent. For once I can join an online role playing game on a microsoft console that isn't 3 years old when it gets here.

qoxolg
Aug 29, 2006, 11:04 AM
On 2006-08-29 05:05, Dingo wrote:
Funny how people can call a low resolution version of a game 'butt-ugly'. Its only the fricken resolution...people are really falling for Microsofts 'HD-era' hype.

It's funny how people that never played a 360 game in SD and than in HD can tell the difference!

I first played my 360 games on my normal TV, than I switched to a 19" monitor with HD resolutions.. and holy shit! I was also one of those guys that said high resolution is nonsense..

lets explain this: 360 games are using textures that are 1024x1024 or 2048x2048, when playing on a TV with 640x480 you will hardly see any of the detailed textures.. when playing on HD-res you will see it, when playing on a normal TV you actually miss most of the graphics.. trust me.. it's true, it's no stupid hype at all!

but for PSU HD-res is not helping because the textures are already low res..

Kyuu
Aug 29, 2006, 11:05 AM
They have higher-resolution textures for use in higher resolutions for PSU.... o_0

Dingo
Aug 29, 2006, 11:39 AM
What makes you say I never played 360 games on a HD television and SD television?

Anyway it's still a stupid hype. HD of today is SD of tomorrow. When your moving around all those textures are moving too fast to pay attention too, most of the HD flatscreens these days still suffer from ghosting unlike CRT-monitors/TV's. I'm not saying resolution is not important it's just that it's no real part of the games graphics IMO. When you get close enough on 640x480 you can see detailed textures too, just not from a distance like with 720p.

Fijn dat je er vanuit gaat dat mensen geen verstand van zaken hebben qoxolg http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dingo on 2006-08-29 10:04 ]</font>

StratixEVO
Aug 29, 2006, 12:30 PM
Wow Dingo, you're really in denial, or your basing your argument on your "dislike" of Microsoft. Ok, maybe YOU don't see the difference, but WE do. In your world, we'd still be using BetaMax instead of DVD. I'm playing the premiere disc now, and trust me, it looks faded and jaggy on the PS2 PERIOD. The 4 megs of ram that system has just plain kills lush or vibrant colors and leaves you with dead, flat, monotone textures.

Honestly, AS I'VE SAID BEFORE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, if you play PSU you win, who cares what system its on. And linkzone, you can tout "story" this and "gameplay" that, but great visuals and sounds add a whole other dimension to that immersion. So, we'll all win, but some of us will win BIG, lol.

phunk
Aug 29, 2006, 12:52 PM
I am.

What with all this Video Game bias?

What ever happened to playing a console for games and not for its name?

chibiLegolas
Aug 29, 2006, 01:01 PM
Voice chat for life!
Some general stradegy planning is fine, but I'm a spontaneous kind of person. So I like to make decisions while they happen at the battle field.
(unless it's something as strict as Cmode or a boss).

And voice chat just fits my play style just fine.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Some ppl may not understand others during voice chat, but on the same note, a lot of ppl don't understand my shorthand when I type as well. (especially in the heat of battle). So it works both ways.

Besides, I find it more personable and you'd quickly get attached to other players who share your enthusiasm for the game with voice chat.
And after months and years of the same old game, it's also fun to have *gasp* conversations while the game's going on.

I also find it fun to listen to and meet all kinds of ppl all over this great country of ours (and hopefully ppl from other nations as well). Listening to all the different accents and places ppl are from and what's going on outside of PSU once in a while is intriguing for me. (even with 12 yr olds). Not all kids are morons. Just show them respect, and hopefully, they'll show respect back for you. And I find this hard to do without voice chat btw.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

I too worry about the smaller community on xbox, but PSOX had already proved to me that even after years of the game being out, there's always a few cool cats around to play with.
Besides, nothing's really stopping me from picking up the PS2 version down the road when 360's community is totally dead. But PSOX was most populated within it's first year of release, so I'm not sitting out for this one for anything!

I guess in the end, PSO/PSU is all about having fun gaming with other ppl. So the platform with a good balance of community and ease of communication is the platform for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2006-08-29 11:14 ]</font>

TremorChrist
Aug 29, 2006, 01:18 PM
I'm getting it for the 360.

Though I hope all three versions are connected.

Dingo
Aug 29, 2006, 01:41 PM
Dear Stratix....I never said PS2 didn't look faded and jaggy and I never said the X360 version did not look superior, and I never even said I didn't see the difference between SD and HD. And what makes you say low amounts of texture-ram have anything to do with lack of vibrant colors? Those kind of posts make me so goddamn angry. Please read my post again in its entirety, you seem to have missed my point.

I don't want to flame, but I did not see the point you were trying to make.

Kers
Aug 29, 2006, 01:58 PM
360 games look soo much better in HD, it's certainly not a hype. I don't own a HD tv yet so i've played my 360 games on the SD. After a couple weeks from launch I went over to my friends house to hang out. I saw him playing Condemned, a game I also played, and I was like "...what the hell is this?! This looks soo much better than what I'm playing..oh, HDTV..."
(I still don't make enough money to go buy one still (lol), but it's first on my list of luxuries)
So, that was my reaction. I think it's much better and highly preferred in HD.

About the choice of consoles, it all comes down to what you preferr to play on, and which your friends are playing on. The difference in population shouldn't really matter because of the server capacity being preferred at 500 and a possibly a max of the previously stated 1,000.

P.S. Dead Rising reminded me that I was playing on SD. My friends agree that reading the small text even on my large SDTV was pretty difficult, it feels like you have to fill in half the picture to make the words out. BTW, the game still looks awsome in SD.

StratixEVO
Aug 29, 2006, 04:39 PM
Ok Dingo, I'll just leave you alone. I read your post thoroughly, and responded about resolution and how its far from 'hype'. I used textures as an example to why HD is beatiful, and I stated that it really doesn't matter as long as you like the game, PSU in this case. So, if you're going to get angry at some litte ol' opinions and text on a site... uh, well? Wtf?

LOL, phunk, where did the bias comment come in? System bias sure, but video game bias? Of course, its a PSU forum, I think we're all bias towards that game, ha! Anyways, I'm assuming you mean system bias?

WTG chibi, good post. You really show that you love the game, you are a winner! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dingo
Aug 29, 2006, 04:47 PM
Oh excuse me, you were the one that missed my point Stratix. Don't go 'I'm bigger because I didn't get all worked up about some guy posting on forum' on me. Please don't tell me I had no reason to get worked up about your response.

And now I must apologise to you Stratix. I am not looking for trouble, not looking for a fight, not looking to make any enemies because of some text on a site. So there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif .

Valkayree
Aug 29, 2006, 04:49 PM
On 2006-08-29 11:01, chibiLegolas wrote:

I too worry about the smaller community on xbox, but PSOX had already proved to me that even after years of the game being out, there's always a few cool cats around to play with.

Right on! Just preordered 360 version today, I ran the c-mode myself on PSOX until I had every item and all my characters at Bu-Ei. I read your stats on your characters, impressive. My Mafia-Tincan Racast broke that 180 mark himself. Imo, I don't care if I'm the only one on 360, but it's good to know that some good company on the 360 will be around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-08-29 14:52 ]</font>

StratixEVO
Aug 29, 2006, 04:54 PM
Because I was being bigger than you, you're gonna mark that as a flaw? LOL. Ok. Whatever. How about you discuss it then, all this talk about a "point" and you're not clearing it up for me, just doing this emotional roller coaster thing. What point are you trying to make? I have a feeling we're probably trying to make the same point, just from different sides, lol!

Ok, verbal (text?) daggers aside, I don't dig fights either, but I did start a debate because I want knowledge, lay some on me! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

McLaughlin
Aug 29, 2006, 05:17 PM
Xbox 360 for me.

I prefer Voice chat, as well as being able to keep in touch with all my other friends via Xbox Live.

It suits me, and if I'm the only one who plays it on the Xbox 360, less lag for me.

That's my opinion.

Who cares what name is on the colsole you're going to play on? As long as you're playing, you win.

Good day, sirs and madams.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-08-29 15:41 ]</font>

Flamingo99
Aug 29, 2006, 05:22 PM
Ps2 for me.

Dingo
Aug 29, 2006, 05:25 PM
What are you trying to say Zeta? Am I a PS3 fanboy for saying microsoft invented the term 'HD-era' for marketing purposes? Why did you start about PS3 out of the blue?

I am NOT any system's fanboy.

All systems should be bashed equally.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dingo on 2006-08-29 15:30 ]</font>

StratixEVO
Aug 29, 2006, 05:30 PM
On 2006-08-29 15:17, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-08-29 05:05, Dingo wrote:

Yeah, we should all just FALL IN LOVE with Sony's Blu-Ray. The disc with a 50% failure rate and more room than anyone could EVER need. Not to mention you need to buy THEIR console or THEIR Blu-Ray player to even use the stupid thing. I'll save myself the 1000$ for the player and the 750$ for the console and buy an Xbox 360, a Wii, and a better PC.

Just when you think stupidity has hit rock bottom, it grabs a shovel and a fanboy.

In Dingo's defense, I don't think he was necessarily touting the PS2 or PS3? But I agree with you 100%... unfortunately for me, there will no doubt be some wonderful exclusive titles for the system too, so I will have to break down and buy it at some point.

Anyways, I'm certainly touting the 360! It rocks! XBL rocks! PSU rocks! Its all so rock awesome! lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Folofle
Aug 29, 2006, 05:38 PM
Wow I didn't think it would be this popular. Anyway who ever said a usb keyboard is $5 I would like to know where because the cheapest I found was $30.

StratixEVO
Aug 29, 2006, 05:40 PM
Lol Dingo, there you go again. It's called marketing for a reason, at least its not blatant lies. Sony did the backwards compatible era thing, the "Yeah, thats real time *cough* tech demo thats half FMV *cough* era thing, the virtually no loading time era crap. Now they're doin the Blue Ray era thing, still doing the "FMV that shows what a real time game will look like" crap (see Killzone), and still flaunting numbers SHIPPED instead of numbers SOLD.

Its all marketing, so again Dingo, what IS your point? And don't tell me "I never said Sony wasn't guilty of that too", because I KNOW you didn't say that, BUT WHAT IS THE POINT? Microsoft is evil cause they market in a capitalistic society? HD is overated because it looks gorgeous without having to press your face to the screen? LOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

McLaughlin
Aug 29, 2006, 05:42 PM
I already changed my post http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I should really read more thoroughly >_<

StratixEVO
Aug 29, 2006, 05:43 PM
LOL, nice, you were doing that while I was responding. Gotta love it.

JohnBerserker
Aug 29, 2006, 05:45 PM
ok, not meaning to start a huge war, but i dont like the PS2. to try and minimize chances of war ill not explain my reasons. all im going to say in this post(besides whats already said) is that i will be getting PSU for X360 unless they pull the same thing they did for the xbox(need xbox live to play)

Dingo
Aug 29, 2006, 05:46 PM
I don't really have any good points to make, don't you get it?

Have fun in this thread guys.

By the way, check your PM Stratix.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dingo on 2006-08-29 15:53 ]</font>

StratixEVO
Aug 29, 2006, 05:55 PM
On 2006-08-29 15:45, JohnBerserker wrote:
ok, not meaning to start a huge war, but i dont like the PS2. to try and minimize chances of war ill not explain my reasons. all im going to say in this post(besides whats already said) is that i will be getting PSU for X360 unless they pull the same thing they did for the xbox(need xbox live to play)

I think they'll only require Live Silver to play... but probably without voice chat? I don't see Sega supporting the voice chat solo.

McLaughlin
Aug 29, 2006, 06:50 PM
It's already been confirmed that Voice Chat will be Xbox 360 exclusive. And yeah, I was editing while you were posting xD

EDIT: And you didn't need Xbox Live to play PSOX offline, you just needed a gamertag. You could have copied a friend's, or used an expired one. You just needed a Gamer Tag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-08-29 16:51 ]</font>

HyperShot-X-
Aug 29, 2006, 11:37 PM
It would be a break thru if Sega can make PSU playable with free Live Silver account with monthly server fee but at the same time enable Live Gold features optional for those Gold users. This seems to be the only way to please all users(Silver & Gold), possibly.

If that's not possible for any reason and they decide to go with Live Gold account required to play PSU, then Sega should work out some deal with Microsoft to reduce the monthly fee amount in order to cover for Live Gold fees that users are paying already(approx $4.20/month).

If above all fails and Sega takes the worst possible way for PSU on X360 and make Live Silver only required to play with no Gold features in game just like the way they did w/ FFXI which is highly unlikely btw, well, there's still hope for group chat channel on Live window for future Live dashboard upgrades.

Whichever way Sega's plan for PSU X360 turns out to be in a month or 2, i'm sure they will take their time to fully optimize 360 version to make it run as good as any other version, and i am willing to wait for the best possible version with all extra features intact.

StratixEVO
Aug 30, 2006, 12:25 AM
I have faith in Sega, they'll keep it reasonable at least.

Otis_Kat
Aug 30, 2006, 12:52 AM
Say the 360 version is linked to PS2/PC through a very small glimpse of hope that Sega isn't that stupid.

Which would you get then?

Zinsian
Aug 30, 2006, 01:36 AM
On 2006-08-28 11:00, Saner wrote:

Im not bashing it, I'm being honest. and it isn't like I returned it or traded it in; it might be useful in the future and currently I do play a few games on it but overall I have more fun with my PS2 games than Xbox360 games.

Voice chat is overrated because in these type of games communication is not that important during battles, things can be planned beforehand and people would know their jobs and how to survive through experience anyway.
besides voice chat is not perfect either, sometimes you can't hear what they are saying and it's annoying having to repeat oneself.

and even for the Xbox360 version there will be people without headset who will use keyboard anyways so you might as well get used to it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif like FF11 and WoW, keyboard is more universal and everyone can read what is sent. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You have to find serious people then. I know there are people that just fool around. But look closely and send out Friend Request if you see them actually putting out good communication and teamwork. LoL. Thats what i do for H2. Now I have a list full of people I can rely on in team games. Just hunt around abit. Also if you want add my gt: Zinsian

In Dingo's defense, I don't think he was necessarily touting the PS2 or PS3? But I agree with you 100%... unfortunately for me, there will no doubt be some wonderful exclusive titles for the system too, so I will have to break down and buy it at some point.

Anyways, I'm certainly touting the 360! It rocks! XBL rocks! PSU rocks! Its all so rock awesome! lol

YES THANK YOU. Someone who appreciates the value of Xbox Live. I will never switch to another Online Gaming Service, cause basically, Live is really unique. Its hard to explain but, if you play live constantly and have a decent list of people to play with, you would enjoy it. I wish i had a capture card so i can show people what i mean.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinsian on 2006-08-29 23:47 ]</font>

Phaze37
Aug 30, 2006, 01:49 AM
There are two big reasons for me not getting the Xbox 360 version. First of all, I'm too impatient! I want to get started on the game as soon as it's available in North America, and waiting the extra time for the 360 release would just kill me. Also, I don't own an Xbox 360, and right now there's no games on the system that interest me enough to buy one. There's nothing wrong with the xbox and xbox 360 but for some reason most of the games on these systems just don't appeal to my unusual tastes.

Im partially deaf so voice chat is a negative feature for me personally, but that's still a great feature for those who can hear clearly. I can get by with text as long as there are chat shortcuts.

The Xbox 360 controller has fewer buttons than the PS2 controller which might create control issues. I like having more buttons.

The Xbox 360 version will probably have a healthy playerbase, especially in the beginning, but the other versions will still have a bigger playerbase and that's important to me. The more the merrier.

I want to get the PC version, but I'm clueless when it comes to computers. I posted my PC's specs in the "will my computer run PSU" thread, but so far I've only had one reply, telling me that I need a new graphics card. I thought the game was supposed to be easy to run, I only bought this computer 6 months ago and I thought it was a decent machine until today http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'm hoping that guy is wrong, but if he's not I'll get the PS2 version until I can afford a new graphics card. I was originally going to get the PS2 version but it sounds like the game will have longer loading times on PS2 and I want to avoid that. I dont care for graphics at all but I do care for performance.

Zinsian
Aug 30, 2006, 02:05 AM
On 2006-08-29 23:49, Phaze37 wrote:
There are two big reasons for me not getting the Xbox 360 version. First of all, I'm too impatient! I want to get started on the game as soon as it's available in North America, and waiting the extra time for the 360 release would just kill me. Also, I don't own an Xbox 360, and right now there's no games on the system that interest me enough to buy one. There's nothing wrong with the xbox and xbox 360 but for some reason most of the games on these systems just don't appeal to my unusual tastes.

Im partially deaf so voice chat is a negative feature for me personally, but that's still a great feature for those who can hear clearly. I can get by with text as long as there are chat shortcuts.

The Xbox 360 controller has fewer buttons than the PS2 controller which might create control issues. I like having more buttons.

The Xbox 360 version will probably have a healthy playerbase, especially in the beginning, but the other versions will still have a bigger playerbase and that's important to me. The more the merrier.

I want to get the PC version, but I'm clueless when it comes to computers. I posted my PC's specs in the "will my computer run PSU" thread, but so far I've only had one reply, telling me that I need a new graphics card. I thought the game was supposed to be easy to run, I only bought this computer 6 months ago and I thought it was a decent machine until today http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'm hoping that guy is wrong, but if he's not I'll get the PS2 version until I can afford a new graphics card. I was originally going to get the PS2 version but it sounds like the game will have longer loading times on PS2 and I want to avoid that. I dont care for graphics at all but I do care for performance.

I'd agree with you due to your situation. But in no way does the PS2 Controllers have more buttons. Theyre both the same except the 360 Controllers have an extra which is known as the 360 Guide Button. And is really useful, blasting music while playing a game, having private chat with a person on a different game,, etc. they both have 4 shoulder buttons, two thumbsticks, and a D-Pad. whats so different except the guide button.

Oh yeah and the ABXY- square, x, triangle, circle buttons. Same.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinsian on 2006-08-30 00:07 ]</font>

Phaze37
Aug 30, 2006, 02:39 AM
Oh, I didn't know that. I've only looked at an xbox 360 controller in it's package, and all I saw was the lack of black and white buttons. The packaging doesnt let you see the shoulder buttons, so I assumed that they were the Dreamcast-style dual triggers from before. That's very good news for me, if it has the same layout as a PS2 controller I can get one for my PC to use with PSU instead of trying to find a PS2-PC adaptor. Hooray!

mitchm
Aug 30, 2006, 09:07 AM
well i will be getting it for the 360 so whoever else is i will see you online (only if its cheap enough lol)...

phunk
Aug 30, 2006, 10:24 AM
Add me on live: phunklvs

StratixEVO
Aug 30, 2006, 03:51 PM
Word Zinsian, word. Live is really innovative, I can DL a demo while playing one game and chat with someone playing another. When my system is off and I'm skulking through the message boards, I can hit XBox.com and see if any friends are online, what they're playing, and send 'em messages without turning on my 360. I keep downloading new cars for PGR3, new dungeons for Oblivion, patches come out to fix glitches in many games.... holy crap, it goes on and on. No wonder Sony wants to copy it, lol!

Thats another reason I'm goin' 360 version, because I want to play the story mode as well, so when no one I want to play with is around (cause I rarely play with people that aren't on my friends list) I can do that. Then, Live will tell me the instant any of my friends pop on and I can head online again. PC and PS2 can't match that any day! So when I pay a Live fee and a PSU fee, I don't care, Live is giving me tons already and Sega deserves a fee for finally going server side.

qoxolg
Aug 30, 2006, 04:47 PM
On 2006-08-29 09:39, Dingo wrote:
What makes you say I never played 360 games on a HD television and SD television?

Anyway it's still a stupid hype. HD of today is SD of tomorrow. When your moving around all those textures are moving too fast to pay attention too, most of the HD flatscreens these days still suffer from ghosting unlike CRT-monitors/TV's. I'm not saying resolution is not important it's just that it's no real part of the games graphics IMO. When you get close enough on 640x480 you can see detailed textures too, just not from a distance like with 720p.

Fijn dat je er vanuit gaat dat mensen geen verstand van zaken hebben qoxolg http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dingo on 2006-08-29 10:04 ]</font>

What makes me say is because alomst everyone I know with a 360 that played both SD and HD say the same.. It's looking alot better, also when you are moving around.

And I am playing on a CRT monitor so no ghosting for me.

And @ school we got a big plasma HD screen, and it looked amazing on it. (yeah I can game @ school http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

On old PC games like Unreal Tournament and Quake3 etc etc it really didn't improve any of the graphics cause the textures were just low-res and blurry. but on the 360 your screenresolution can be a bottleneck for the graphics.

En dankzij het grote randebielen niveau dat hier soms hangt ben ik genoodzaakt ervanuit te gaan dat mensen geen verstand van zaken hebben http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Lol Dingo, there you go again. It's called marketing for a reason, at least its not blatant lies. Sony did the backwards compatible era thing, the "Yeah, thats real time *cough* tech demo thats half FMV *cough* era thing, the virtually no loading time era crap. Now they're doin the Blue Ray era thing, still doing the "FMV that shows what a real time game will look like" crap (see Killzone), and still flaunting numbers SHIPPED instead of numbers SOLD.

So true... Sony is actually repeating itself. You remember the PS2? they said it could do 6,2GFLOPS!!!! that is more than the XBOX could do.. and the Dreamcast hardly could pull of 1GFLOPs.. and the only thing the PS2 could do was playing nice FMV's all the ingame graphics could hardly beat the Dreamcast...

The reason I don't like SONY is because of their attitude.

- The PS3 only got one CPU which is a PowerPC @ 3,2Ghz (the 360 got 3 of them) and a cell that "can pull off 1TFLOP".
- The GPU is already less powerfull than the GPU of the 360. the PS3 is also lacking EDram, which means it won't get Anti Aliasing without perfromance loss (which will result in either games with terrible aliasing or alot loss of performance)
- Since when was the CPU more important for gaming than the GPU???
- The Bluray format is also overrated in general! maybe it was usefull if MPEG2 compression was still state of the art... but it isn't.. MPEG2 is horribly old.. and H264 is replacing it. H264 results in 2-3 times smaller files.

The PS3 is not even a really bad system, also got some good things like bigger HDD and build in WiFi. I just don't trust SONY after the PS2 hype that turned out to be lies.

//enough ranting about that, back ontopic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

looking @ the poll the 360 won't be as empty at all...

I am more worrying about the release date.. cause alot of big games are coming to the 360 in the fall. what you guys think?

StratixEVO
Aug 30, 2006, 04:58 PM
I don't see the 360 version being too much later, fingers crossed for the same day tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. If it is later, I'll play the PC version to hold me over... I don't know about how I'll obtain that version, guess we'll just wait and see, hehe!

PS: I would never pirate a Sega game, or any game from most other developers for that matter. However, I might consider the PC version to be a temporary "backup" copy for the 360 version I can't buy yet... hmmmm, lol!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StratixEVO on 2006-08-30 14:59 ]</font>

SpikeWT1
Aug 30, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-08-30 14:47, qoxolg wrote:

The reason I don't like SONY is because of their attitude.

- The PS3 only got one CPU which is a PowerPC @ 3,2Ghz (the 360 got 3 of them) and a cell that "can pull off 1TFLOP".
- The GPU is already less powerfull than the GPU of the 360. the PS3 is also lacking EDram, which means it won't get Anti Aliasing without perfromance loss (which will result in either games with terrible aliasing or alot loss of performance)
- Since when was the CPU more important for gaming than the GPU???
- The Bluray format is also overrated in general! maybe it was usefull if MPEG2 compression was still state of the art... but it isn't.. MPEG2 is horribly old.. and H264 is replacing it. H264 results in 2-3 times smaller files.

The PS3 is not even a really bad system, also got some good things like bigger HDD and build in WiFi. I just don't trust SONY after the PS2 hype that turned out to be lies.

//enough ranting about that, back ontopic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

looking @ the poll the 360 won't be as empty at all...

I am more worrying about the release date.. cause alot of big games are coming to the 360 in the fall. what you guys think?

One Xbox 360 doesn't have 3 cpu's it has 3 cores 2 completetly diffrent things and the ps3 while it is only has one cpu it has 7spces(or what ever you call them) they are sort of like 7 cores but can't really tell you the diffrence.