PDA

View Full Version : Separate servers for different platforms?

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 11:29 AM
Just wondering, does anyone know definitively the situation with the servers? I have read that maybe 360 will be separate from PS2/PC due to voice chat but I haven't heard anything official. And since I'm in the US and unfortunately don't know much Japanese, I would like to know if the 360 version in Japan is releasing the same day as the other platforms, or what the situation is there. Bottom line is that I have a friend who wants the game, but only if the servers are exclusive to platform.

DarK-SuN
Aug 28, 2006, 11:34 AM
So far the plan is having the 360 seperate from PC and PS2 (which are together).
JP servers will be seperate from the US server, but no one knows about the EU servers yet (most people, however, believe EU will be together with US, just like in PSOBB).

MoonSblaise
Aug 28, 2006, 11:37 AM
Yarrr, JP is 100% certain seperated. I'll be shipping PSU from US to EU ^_^

Valkayree
Aug 28, 2006, 11:42 AM
Alright, sounds good, considering JP gets the game a few months before, that way I won't be hopping on first day like I did with PSO on the XBOX and see a Japanese guy with a racast at lvl200. Really, I did see that =/

MoonSblaise
Aug 28, 2006, 11:49 AM
Yarrr, sucks, but i guess EU release is gonna be atleast a month later than US and if the servers are linked i'd strongly recommend most EU ship it in!

Arias
Aug 28, 2006, 01:26 PM
I don't really care that EU gets the game a month (maybe even 2) later, I get my PS2 the soonest end of December, and then I'll buy the game.
About the servers, bummer that 360 can't connect to PS2 and PC