PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for the people who bought netcash cards at NCS

Ifrian
Aug 29, 2006, 11:34 AM
Dear NCS Customer,

The following update was posted to our website earlier this morning. Please note that the Net Cash Cards are now scheduled to arrive sometime in the beginning of next week.

http://www.ncsx.com/2006/082806/ncs0828u.htm

Please note, however, that our vendor in Japan who helped us procure the Net Cash cards purchased the Phantasy Star Universe branded versions which Sega is shipping to them. Shipping as in through the postal service. Which means they won't receive them until early next week. No pickups were allowed.

When we received the news overnight, we checked with some other contacts in Japan to purchase standard Net Cash cards but unfortunately, they wanted an 80% to 100% markup if they helped us purchase them. NCS understands that their time and efforts are valuable but to gouge us a minimum of 80% for a bulk order of Net Cash was unwarranted. As such, we ask that our customers wait for the shipment of Net Cash from our main supplier who only charged a 15% deputy mark up.

Due to the Sega shipping delay, we will ask our vendor to email us the codes from the back of the Net Cash cards when they receive them and we'll relay them to customers who ordered the NCC. This way, we can get the information to customers as soon as possible without waiting for a physical shipment from Japan to New York.

In few words : a bunch of excuses to mask a bad planning for something they selling since a month and some ago....

great , ill have the game and wont be able to play for another week......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ifrian on 2006-08-29 09:37 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Aug 29, 2006, 12:20 PM
Im not too concerned. I already had a bunch of plans these coming days and I'm gonna be busy as hell this weekend. What with Labor day and all I wouldn't have anytime to play. Plus hopefully by the time they get us our cashcard code someone will hopefully have typed up an installation guide and I can set everything up without too much hassle. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

segadrm10
Aug 29, 2006, 12:24 PM
does gonna suck for the people that wanted to play early.

RSmiroldo
Aug 29, 2006, 12:27 PM
Well if you read the bottom they are going to attempt to get the codes and email it to the people who bought the NCC. Everyone will just have to wait and see I guess.

Polly
Aug 29, 2006, 12:28 PM
In before Shimmy whining and keyboard-busted-over-own-head action!

I'm not all that bothered by it honestly. They haven't charged me for it yet and I'm not so impatient to play the game that I can't wait a few days. And there's odds are the game may not reach my place till early next week anyway. Eh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triela on 2006-08-29 10:29 ]</font>

MoonSblaise
Aug 29, 2006, 12:31 PM
Hmmm, the US version should work for UK without getting something similar to that won't it?

Cross
Aug 29, 2006, 12:47 PM
Damn. Well, then I hope the 30-day trial lets you play without putting in any payment information beforehand.

ayrista
Aug 29, 2006, 01:52 PM
Im planning on playing it for a while offline for a bit anyway, before venturing online.

zandra117
Aug 29, 2006, 02:24 PM
Well, in the mean time theres offline mode.

uhawww
Aug 29, 2006, 02:28 PM
Usually, if there's a trial involved with the product, just registering the product code will activate the trial. Therefore, if there's any normalcy to how SEGA has set it up, this delay shouldn't delay getting online.

ulyoth
Aug 29, 2006, 03:15 PM
On 2006-08-29 12:28, uhawww wrote:
Usually, if there's a trial involved with the product, just registering the product code will activate the trial. Therefore, if there's any normalcy to how SEGA has set it up, this delay shouldn't delay getting online.

Lets hope so, im not planning on playing the japanese version online, but it would be nice to have a free month.

Parn
Aug 29, 2006, 04:07 PM
On 2006-08-29 09:34, Ifrian wrote:
In few words : a bunch of excuses to mask a bad planning for something they selling since a month and some ago....
Nice attitude. It makes me wonder if you've ever worked a customer service job.

1. They have no control over shipments, so stating that it's bad planning by them is just silly.

2. They started selling Netcash as of August 22nd, which was exactly one week ago, not "a month and some ago".

3. They've requested the vendors provide the codes so they can try to get them to customers, i.e. they're going the extra mile to try to make things right.

Sheesh.

Ifrian
Aug 29, 2006, 04:23 PM
On 2006-08-29 14:07, Parn wrote:

On 2006-08-29 09:34, Ifrian wrote:
Nice attitude. It makes me wonder if you've ever worked a customer service job.

1. They have no control over shipments, so stating that it's bad planning by them is just silly.

2. They started selling Netcash as of August 22nd, which was exactly one week ago, not "a month and some ago".

3. They've requested the vendors provide the codes so they can try to get them to customers, i.e. they're going the extra mile to try to make things right.

Sheesh.

Yes i did work at a customer service job , tho my duty was answer the phone calls.

Anyway , i did read badly the date from the news of the netcash selling , its true, its only a week , so it isnt so strange this problem.

Still ....its pretty a bad new : /

PD: i was angry because with an entire month you can work out a thing like that pretty easily , more being as professional as they are ... this is why i was pissed.
But since i seen its barely a week they started doing so ( i did read badly the news date) i understand it , even if i dont like it .....at all

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ifrian on 2006-08-29 14:25 ]</font>

PJ
Aug 29, 2006, 04:38 PM
You could play the offline mode

Parn
Aug 29, 2006, 04:44 PM
I agree that it's bad news Ifrian, and trust me... I can completely understand the disappointment. But... playing the blame game won't do any good, heh. It's best to just relax and wait things out.

Emrald
Aug 29, 2006, 04:57 PM
at least ya'all can play offline mode

Nai_Calus
Aug 29, 2006, 05:04 PM
No they couldn't, PJ, because who the hell could possibly care about the game's story? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif (Though, to be fair, most people wouldn't get much out of it anyway since the game is in Japanese)

Let's keep in mind, also, that the fastest possible shipping method from Japan(EMS) to the USA takes anywhere from three to five days depending on where you live. (Two, sometimes, if you live near the airport it comes into the country through, but even from the same country it doesn't always come to the same airport, I've had things come in to SFO and LAX living here; and Chicago and New York living in NC. So you'd still be waiting a few days even if Sega shipped the damned things directly to you in the US. XP (Even longer for airmail or, god forbid, SAL. ) (Amusingly getting here from the other country never takes more than a day or so, if that, it's usually already left the country within 24 hours, it's customs, going to your local main distribution center, going to your local post office and then out to you. (There might even be three if it has to go to a regional one... When I lived in NC it would clear customs, go to Charlotte, be sent to Asheville where the local main incoming was, then go out to Black Mountain's PO then get delivered. Somehow, it took two and a half hours to get to Asheville from Charlotte, about the length of the actual drive + unpacking a truck, but it took another 24 hours for it to get to Black Mountain. -_-; Here in Cali it goes from SF or LA to Stockton and then up here to Sonora. )

(Yes, I do frequently order things from Japan(And South Korea, but that's beside the point), why do you ask? >_> )

-Shimarisu-
Aug 29, 2006, 05:43 PM
In before Triela whining about me whining... o w8.

I'd accept your offer of marriage but lesbian weddings are sadly not yet legal in most of the modern world, and Canada is too cold for me! D: