PDA

View Full Version : PSU: How Team-Oriented are you gonna be?

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 29, 2006, 06:53 PM
When ou play in a team, will you be the kind of person that barrels through everything and when you die it's the Force's fault for not healing you, or the Ranger's fault for not shooting status bullets? ("Dammit yopu're a Force, you're SUPPOSED to heal!")

Will you be the kind that takes care of your own problems without bothering to support anyone else unless you feel like it (like when you notice they're in trouble)? ("We're good enough to get by, teamwork don't need to be a pain in the ass.")

Will you just play your own style without giving a DAMN what others think? Do you give a damn what they do? ("Support? Fuck that, I'm going all out!" "You're a melee Force? Okay, let's go kill stuff!")

If you could, would you dive in front of a partner to make sure they don't take damage? Even if it means FAILING to do so and your partner dies anyway and you just kinda look stupid? (slow-motion "NO---!")

Note that the poll options don't necessarily reflect what I've written in this here post. I just wanted to fluff it out some with some text. You know, say stuff to get replies as well as votes.

Ifrian
Aug 29, 2006, 07:00 PM
I voted lone wolf option . but thats also because i never felt good jumping inside a party and saying "hey" like i was at home, call me shy.
I usually prefer to create my own party and solo all the way untill someone joins...
PD: that doesent means u wont see me joining your games , it depends on the mood i am in that moment.

Jinto117
Aug 29, 2006, 07:10 PM
If I'm playing with a group of close friends (such as those I hope to make right here on PSOW) then I feel we should each have our rolls. That way we could enjoy ourselves yet get though a mission efficiently. If I'm playing with a random party I'll do my best to protect other players when needed, like forces for example. That's what I at least try to do in Halo 2. But then again these days most people who play Halo 2 are jack asses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinto117 on 2006-08-29 17:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinto117 on 2006-08-29 17:12 ]</font>

DavidNel
Aug 29, 2006, 07:12 PM
I'm going with very independant, because I don't want to be stuck with someone else, or need someone else. It will be better alone, for you won't have to wait for a team to start killing stuff...

Krupp
Aug 29, 2006, 07:25 PM
I don't mind as long as its a good spirited game and everyone hs having a good time. I'll save all the seriousness for the US version. But on JP we are all experimenting and learning so much about this new game; a good % of us don't even know the language. Mistakes will more than likely be made and it shouldnt matter too much.

Zeig123
Aug 29, 2006, 08:04 PM
I will be playing on my own except every now and then so I can go school some of my friends on how to play Phantasy Star

Niki
Aug 29, 2006, 08:06 PM
I tend toward a pack-animal mentality when it comes to this MMO thing, so I plan on being fairly team-dependent. By the time of the US release I should have a healthy-sized and dependable crew.

It's funny though, I tend to rely on myself when it comes to business IRL...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niki on 2006-08-29 18:20 ]</font>

Blueblur
Aug 29, 2006, 08:17 PM
I'll probably be a little of everything. Supportive with friends, go all out when I'm online solo, and rush for items when I'm with strangers with no regard for their safety. Hey, I'm being honest. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fou
Aug 29, 2006, 08:34 PM
Hmm in old pso usually just fought what i wanted unless some1 was weaaker or in trouble besides pretty muh havin fun less its somethin we know we need to work together on but i do prefer just doin what u do best lest your just crazy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PadTheMad
Aug 29, 2006, 09:03 PM
I like playing in teams, just as long as everyone plays their part and doesn't take it too seriously. That's one of the reasons I prefer going solo in online games now, I just like to do my own thing. Teamwork in online games now seems a bit, well, harsh really. It's all very serious instead of having fun. I loved the community feel the original PSO had on DC with it's very simple, but very effective teamwork and I can't wait for PSU. I need to meet some people to adventure with though, that's one of the reasons I signed up here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Naes_Siwel
Aug 29, 2006, 09:32 PM
Im more of a team player than a soloist. Hopefully I get to play with you guys soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Saner
Aug 29, 2006, 10:01 PM
well teamwork is the whole reason this game is online, otherwise we might as well only have npcs/bots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blueblur
Aug 29, 2006, 10:03 PM
I used to like to solo sometimes on PSO to level faster by doing constant Extermination Quest runs. Its quicker sometimes. Of course, I didn't always have people online to play with.

Mrace
Aug 29, 2006, 10:17 PM
Soloing is fun. Especially when you need not care for others and their mistakes, but for PSU I'll work on teamwork. It will probably be needed in the higher lvls, not to mention the later bosses. I just don't want to see and Force run into a crowd of beasts with a stick and make others work overly hard to dig him out for the sake of the mission.

DevilsArm
Aug 29, 2006, 10:26 PM
hmm ill party with my friends, and solo when im alone but if i meet people that want to come along, they can come, teamwork is good and having someone to chat with is always fun.

Sev
Aug 29, 2006, 10:43 PM
Teamwork without strategy sounds about right for me. I won't openly endanger the team or any team members, and I won't just stand around and watch 'em get slaughtered. At the same time though, I don't really strategize often, I pretty much do what I think is write for the situation. I can't drop into a mission, and sit around and decide how I'm going to kill stuff... I just do. Because that's my only job... Right?

l3iohazard
Aug 29, 2006, 11:08 PM
i just like playing with other people becasue the only reason i stoped playing pso was that it was always offline which is boring as hell....

McLaughlin
Aug 29, 2006, 11:11 PM
I'll solo when I can, and use a party when I must. People have different opinions of teamwork, and when opinions collide, **** hits the fan, and the party hits the dirt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-08-29 21:13 ]</font>

Kers
Aug 29, 2006, 11:41 PM
I'd like to play as a force and my group of friends could benifit from one. I think I'll try to need little protection because I should be giving it so, I'll be watching my back and taking care of the stuff I can, but also assisting when I should.

Celethalion
Aug 30, 2006, 01:45 AM
I like the thought of being both self-sufficient as a Hunter, but then quite capable of helping others if they need a Def-up or quick heal. It will really depend on the situation and who I'm with.

Mewn
Aug 30, 2006, 03:50 AM
I like to solo a fair bit, but can easily fit into a party if I so wish.

tank1
Aug 30, 2006, 06:03 AM
Ill work in a team but it wont be some perfectly sychonized group. Ill also Solo here and there when i want to find rares etc and not have to worry about that Hunter that is 20ft closer to the drop because im using a Rifle nabbing it.

Mewn
Aug 30, 2006, 06:36 AM
On 2006-08-30 04:03, tank1 wrote:
Ill work in a team but it wont be some perfectly sychonized group. Ill also Solo here and there when i want to find rares etc and not have to worry about that Hunter that is 20ft closer to the drop because im using a Rifle nabbing it.

That's not such a problem, since you can set the distribution of rares (and/or non-rare items if you wish) to random distribution or random order if you wish.

http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2450

jungleking45
Aug 30, 2006, 08:52 AM
I'll find a team eventually, probably be the one who has to keep everyone from killing one another http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif but at the same time steal all the rares.

RLoge21
Aug 30, 2006, 10:20 AM
I'm mixed meaning I'll probably solo a bit and then sometimes teamup if I know somebody is on. I don't dare try to play in random games too much because I won't know what the hell most will be saying.

Alli
Aug 30, 2006, 10:24 AM
I always thought it was sooooo impressive the way some c-moder experts blasted through all the levels like a well-oiled machine: everyone knew when the enemies were going to appear, everyone stepped on the right buttons, at the right times, in the right orders, and everyone knew the best and quickest path to follow so that the whole team would get a good time. While I'm nowhere near that level of greatness, I strive to be that good so that I can help my party be awesome!

Of course, at times it's fun to just have a goof-off pick-up game and not have specific roles or structure. But it just doesn't have the same "WOW" factor that a well-coordinated team has!

PandaMasterX4
Aug 30, 2006, 10:33 AM
I'm a force, and I'm a perfectionist.

redmage2501
Aug 30, 2006, 11:44 AM
i'm going lone wolf because i dont know anyone i can play with.

chibiLegolas
Aug 30, 2006, 12:22 PM
I'm planning to be mostly a support character, so I'm depending on my team mates to clear the rooms while I back them up with my spells and guns/bow.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Solo'n should be difficult the way I'm planning my character's career.
I'd like to strive and be a perfectionist if we're striving for s-rank missions and such. But other than that, I like team work but normally wouldn't want to think too hard on it.

Frezzo
Aug 30, 2006, 12:41 PM
soloing for rare hunt, some cash, some exp and party for missions, quests, whatever.... cant wait^^
but looks like this time you cant just throw in 6 members... or not?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frezzo on 2006-08-30 10:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frezzo on 2006-08-30 10:44 ]</font>

Kano-Okami
Aug 30, 2006, 12:52 PM
I'll play with others, but mostly unorganized.
I've played with people before , on pso, who were overly detail oriented. Many would exile newer players because they weren't the right class & type or didn't like their typing style. =/ , I hated those players, and would often abandon their 'elitist' team to help the new player out.
When I play, I play for fun.
But..
I believe many of these missions can be replayed, for higher ranks.
Only in ranking missions will I band together with a few of my skilled friends and
'go commando'

RadiantLegend
Aug 30, 2006, 02:30 PM
Do my own thing while looking out for others. Take a hit or two for a teammate if needed.

MUDGRIP
Aug 30, 2006, 02:54 PM
Ah this is going to be great. Just like the first month of PSO ep1and2. Everybody caring about the useless varista's. Just crazy madness going around.

Blitzkommando
Aug 30, 2006, 03:02 PM
Generally I play without a set strategy per se. Really I guess it comes down to figuring out how I best can lay waste to the enemy with what I have and provide any support possible to the party as well. I found myself rarely planning with the other team members as what to do, we all knew what to do based on our skills attributed to our characters. If I was the ranger I would inherently shoot things from afar. If hunter, I would melee, and if force I would blast with techniques. I just found there was no set strategy needed for most areas anyway as they were all rather easy. Just run around the enemies and hit them with what you have.

MoonSblaise
Aug 30, 2006, 03:11 PM
Sure i'll group if it means faster leveling or its needed for a mission, heck even if i get bored, but soloing as a beast shall be fun, being independant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ShinMaruku
Aug 30, 2006, 10:26 PM
G-unit will rise again..

Keyeszx
Aug 30, 2006, 11:10 PM
i only expect people to help if i die and against bosses and i'll do the same cuz i dont need help i think i should get my own exp i like workin few pwopler