PDA

View Full Version : Current Payment Options for PSU JP

uhawww
Aug 30, 2006, 08:50 AM
SEGA has recently updated the main site for Network account management for PSU, since as of 0700 JST (1800 US EST) Network mode will become avaialble.

On the site, it has payment information:

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/208/psuchargebi9.jpg

After the 30 day trial, you can pay either 1050 Yen/Mo via recurring Credit Card charge, or 1260 Yen/30Days of playtime, paid with either NetCash directly, SegaCash, or SegaMileage.

Just to check to see if I was continued to be bound by NetCash to pay, I checked the SegaCash charge options...and oh snap, Good News people.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/3497/webmoneyzz7.jpg

WebMoney (http://www.webmoney.jp) is now on the list to charge SegaCash.
WebMoney accepts foreign Credit Cards via Verified by VISA/MasterCard SecureCode.

I've used this service many times in the past for other gaming portals and online shopping, so if there's a need for any help or walkthroughs, once I get my copy of the game and verify its operability, I can make one.

Tekershee
Aug 30, 2006, 09:04 AM
Crazyness!

RLoge21
Aug 30, 2006, 09:22 AM
Wow I feel stupid for getting a netcash card now that I see that Visa is accepted.

uhawww
Aug 30, 2006, 09:30 AM
On 2006-08-30 07:22, RLoge21 wrote:
Wow I feel stupid for getting a netcash card now that I see that Visa is accepted.

Don't feel that way.
NetCash saves yourself a lot of steps.
It's a roundabout way to get it done, but now everyone should know that it can be done without NetCash, if they so desire.

Inazuma
Aug 30, 2006, 09:46 AM
web money? im not too familar w/ that. can someone please explain it to me? -_-;

uhawww
Aug 30, 2006, 09:53 AM
Here's how it works:

You go to the WebMoney site and select to purchase a WebMoney Code.
This code can be redeemed for 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, etc, up to 100,000 Yen.
When you purchase with your Credit Card Online, it will display and email to your designated address a 16 character Case-sensitive code.
That code can then be used anywhere online that WebMoney is accepted.
When you use the code, the amount tendered is deducted from the total value.
The code expires (balance is lost) when there is no activity for 6 months (unless you have a WebMoney Wallet Account, in which case codes are securey stored for up to 2 years I believe), or the valuation is reduced to 0 Yen.

In the case of SegaCash, when you redeem it, it will add to your SegaCash pool in SegaLink.
At this point, when you wish to pay for 30 days of playtime, when you login to the PSU Account site, it will see that you have X amount of Yen stored, and can just deduct from that with you needing to enter anything extra.

In effect, WebMoney is exactly the same as NetCash.
Thing is, after experiencing some massive fraud a couple years ago, NetCash phased out online Credit Card payments.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-08-30 08:12 ]</font>

watashiwa
Aug 30, 2006, 10:23 AM
I actually forget what site it is to sign up for a PSU account, roflz.. I'm getting my game today.. can you post the link here or PM it to me? Sank you, good sir.

Tycho
Aug 30, 2006, 10:48 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Tycho01/Avatars%20etc/whatthehell.gif
Has this happened to anyone else? I've tried passwords from 6-16 characters using mixes of alphanumeric characters, and even using mixes of kana, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Help? ;-;

EDIT: @Sodaboy: https://segalink.jp/payment/psu/
@Mattboy: Yeah, something like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2006-08-30 08:58 ]</font>

mattdude
Aug 30, 2006, 10:56 AM
So is the game going to be like 10 dollers each month?

takuhi
Aug 30, 2006, 01:51 PM
Tycho-
Try changing the input mode on your keyboard. Sounds like the game wants only American-style alphanumerics, so if you're using kana (which is forbidden) or double-wide, Japanese-style English letters, it's going to give you that message.

It also forbids using any variation of your ID number or password.

Tycho
Aug 30, 2006, 02:31 PM
I was using half-width. I always use alt-tilde when switching between Roman/Japanese, because I think full-width alphanumeric characters look horrible. D:
Does this mean noone else has had the same problem though?
I'll just try again later then, I guess.

Kakashi_Xero
Aug 30, 2006, 02:35 PM
what about mastercard!?

Spellbinder
Aug 30, 2006, 02:40 PM
WebMoney accepts foreign Credit Cards via Verified by VISA/MasterCard SecureCode.

It was already mentioned. I suggest calling up whoever your card is associated with and see if they offer a MasterCard Secure Code.

Tycho
Aug 30, 2006, 02:47 PM
Managed to make an account. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

EDIT: Gah. Among the todoufuken there's no "other" like on the SEGA link site, and the site seems to want a postal address and telephone number. I wonder if I'd be okay just making those up. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2006-08-30 13:16 ]</font>

Kou-Diacyper
Aug 30, 2006, 03:31 PM
Thanks for this, will cut down the costs on importing a bit!

uhawww
Aug 30, 2006, 03:39 PM
On 2006-08-30 12:47, Tycho wrote:
EDIT: Gah. Among the todoufuken there's no "other" like on the SEGA link site, and the site seems to want a postal address and telephone number. I wonder if I'd be okay just making those up. >_>

It's usually just there if your CC gets denied and they need to send you something, or for verification. Otherwise, you should be fine.

I've had a fake address on my FFXI account for years...

DraginHikari
Aug 30, 2006, 04:00 PM
This is probably why I didn't import, this sounds too complicated XD

Ifrian
Aug 30, 2006, 04:11 PM
Someone who could explain me exactly the process for gettin the webmoney would be appreciated.

I managed to do an account in the site , but i dont see whare i can actually buy the credits to get the code.

and how to pay them with my visa.

Spellbinder
Aug 31, 2006, 07:21 AM
Just thought I'd revive this to ask a question about Sega Cash.

First, if we can use Web Money to redeem Sega Cash, would we consider the Sega Cash to be the same values? (ie. 2000 Web Money buys 2000 Sega cash, which we use for a subscription?)

If that's the case, redeeming Sega cash and simply letting them deduct from that pool every 30 days would be very convenient.

Guntz348
Aug 31, 2006, 07:35 AM
So wait do they take Amex and will it work if you put in a JP address but actually have a US credit card?