PDA

View Full Version : Race, Class, Gender: The Comparison.

SolRiver
Aug 30, 2006, 08:44 PM
I just found these...

All chart goes by,

Human -> Cast -> Beast -> Newman
Male -> Female
HP
Basic Attack power
Accuracy
Basic Magic power
Basic Defense
Evasion
Mental (concentration?)
Stamina(?)

Force
http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up2703.jpg

Hunter:
http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up2702.jpg

Ranger:
http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up2699.jpg

I found this over at... well, picture upload of theirs @_@

I am assuming these are from the strategy guide or something... anyway, discuss away.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2006-08-30 18:45 ]</font>

Ether
Aug 30, 2006, 08:50 PM
Wow, FOCast sucks

SolRiver
Aug 30, 2006, 08:52 PM
Try FoBeast O.o (non-existance?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2006-08-30 18:52 ]</font>

SpikeWT1
Aug 30, 2006, 08:53 PM
What's up with beast on force no stats.

NightHour13
Aug 30, 2006, 09:03 PM
Their probably needed

Shade-
Aug 30, 2006, 10:43 PM
figures, the stats I was looking for aren't there. Thanks for the charts anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Tycho
Aug 31, 2006, 12:41 AM
Saw this yesterday too. I wonder why they chose to use L60 and L90 for this... Maybe 90 is the maximum level?

Alisha
Aug 31, 2006, 01:02 AM
wow just like i figured beasts dominate in hp at lvl 90

just looked again.....WHAT THE FUCK! why does cast male ranger have more atp than beast female ranger?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-08-30 23:08 ]</font>

Sev
Aug 31, 2006, 01:07 AM
Looking at this makes me think I really do wanna make a Beast Hunter as one of my main characters. That ATP (It is ATP right?) is sickening. Of course, the ATA is sickening in a completely different way. Heh.

Plus. I can make a Tarutaru like character if I make a Beast heh.

Alisha
Aug 31, 2006, 01:14 AM
cast and beast mst is so horrible they might play best in a support role. focaseals can play like demi from ps4 and fobeasts may play a cleric-like role.by that i mean D&D style cleric. melee+support and healing magic.

Hamo
Aug 31, 2006, 01:22 AM
Male beast HU has almost a 50% ATP advantage over female newman HU... gg -_-

Ether
Aug 31, 2006, 02:31 AM
I was bored and made english versions for easier reading

FORCE
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4169/forceir2.gif

HUNTER
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8010/hunteruv9.gif

RANGER
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8656/rangerlu7.gif

On 2006-08-30 23:22, Hamo wrote:
Male beast HU has almost a 50% ATP advantage over female newman HU... gg -_-

Not really, its more like 33%. Plus newmen have a lot more ata than beast. Hunters are probably the most balanced really

Axios-
Aug 31, 2006, 02:33 AM
I just did a bunch of number crunching based solely on these stats, and I thought I'd post my findings. I wanted to convert the stats to percentages for easy reading purposes. I only covered Hunters and Rangers because my information would be inconclusive with Forces since there's no information on Beasts. Furthermore, I only dealt with ATP and ATA because I was looking at this from a purely offensive stance. I averaged that male and female results together for simplicity's sake (there was usually only a fraction of a percent difference between them), and the results at level 60 were almost the exact same as those at level 90. Thus, no need to post it twice; there aren't any big changes.

Now, when I say 100%, that race has the most of the given stat in that class. Then, the other percents are portions of that maximum. When it gets to ratios, that was found based on the weight which you assign to the stats. If you find ATP to be equally as important to ATA, it's a 1:1 ratio, and if you find ATP to be twice as important to ATA, it's a 2:1 ratio. Onwards!

Hunters
Beasts = 100% ATP, 75% ATA
Humans = 84% ATP, 88% ATA
Casts = 90% ATP, 100% ATA
Newmans = 71% ATP, 93% ATA

1:1 ratio of ATP to ATA
Casts > Beasts > Humans > Newmans
2:1 ratio of ATP to ATA
1:2 ratio of ATP to ATA
Casts > Humans > Newmans > Beasts

Rangers
Beasts = 100% ATP, 70% ATA
Humans = 85% ATP, 85% ATA
Casts = 96% ATP, 100% ATA
Newmans = 71% ATP, 93% ATA

1:1 ratio of ATP to ATA
Casts > Humans = Beasts > Newmans
2:1 ratio of ATP to ATA
1:2 ratio of ATP to ATA
Casts > Newmans > Humans > Beasts

There weren't any huge runaways in any category, but the androids did manage to secure a top spot in every ranking. However, looking at the force stats, the droids are lacking a great deal. Casts don't have as much of a lead on any race under HUs and RAs in any class as Newmans do over Casts under force. With this great disparity, I think that the classes will even out quite well, but as I've been attempting to point out, they don't have the exact same stats.

Note: None of this takes into account any of the tons of other things that add layers and layers of depth to these characters. Weapons, weapon manufacturers, defense, evasion, HP, endurance, SUV weapons, Nanoblasts, and pointy ears have not been factored in.

As far as Hunters and Rangers are concerned, it's not a runaway for any race. Even though Casts have those top spots, it's not by much. At least, not by enough to weigh too much on your decisions of race and class. There's still multiclassing and expert type to look forward to, but this is shaping up to be a good battle.

Yoruichi
Aug 31, 2006, 05:45 AM
On 2006-08-30 23:14, Alisha wrote:
cast and beast mst is so horrible they might play best in a support role. focaseals can play like demi from ps4 and fobeasts may play a cleric-like role.by that i mean D&D style cleric. melee+support and healing magic.

With expert classes, and in the vids cast do seem to have a high PP gain support does seem to be a nice slot to fit. That mixed in with limited inventory space will work well.

I think I'm most fond of cast and beast ability to take a hit well, where on most boss fights (unless your perfect) are guarenteed to get hit.

Arias
Aug 31, 2006, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the English versions, when I have time I'll check out which classes I might make/combine (3months till EU release anyway).

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 31, 2006, 06:51 AM
thanks, doesn't look there's too much of a difference between the races and classes to cry about.

Legenden
Aug 31, 2006, 10:53 AM
Uhm.. you can`t be a Beast Force?
Why doesnt it say beast force stats?

What is END?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Legenden on 2006-08-31 08:55 ]</font>

Nekomimi
Aug 31, 2006, 11:09 AM
Stats don't really matter too much to me...

In the end, I'm still making a Female Beast. Because they have tails. CUTE. LITTLE. TAILS.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 31, 2006, 11:17 AM
That's really useful info. I like how there is so much diverse.

chibiLegolas
Aug 31, 2006, 12:04 PM
On 2006-08-30 23:14, Alisha wrote:

That's right baby!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
FOcaseal'n this time around but now that I'm looking at these stats at lvl 90, there's a few stadegies on how to be an effective support character.
While FObeast/FObeastess are ideal for melee forces,
FOcast/FOcaseal could be ideal for ranger forces (a mix of support techs + status effects from guns).
But at the same time, looking at FOnewman/FOnewearl's ata, they come pretty darn close to be an effective ranger force as well. (heck, even a FOnewman's ata surpasses a FOcaseal's at lvl 90).
Now the question is:
Does the loss of HP + DEF + ATP for FOnewmans make up for the insane TAP + MST (that is nearly double the amount FOcasts get at that level). Does the FOnewman's possible higher effectiveness of S/D + J/Z equivalent techs make up for the loss? Does their support techs increase their stats even higher than the FOcast's natural stats + their lower abilities with techs?
I guess we'll just have to experiment and see once the game comes out.

Support Force-wise, I wouldn't say FOhumans are useless. They're a nice balance of both worlds and are more versatile so one wouldn't have to worry about such things in the end.
If you're tired of being support all the time, time to switch to nuke'n, ranging, or carefull melee'n.
There's no way a Human gets gimped because of this fact. But that's just my opinion....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2006-08-31 10:13 ]</font>

Axios-
Aug 31, 2006, 02:10 PM
It looks like no single character got shafted enough to make them inferior. The largest hurdle I can see in the stats is the androids' lack of TAP (as mentioned above) but even that can be overcome through various strategies. It's looking like we'll be see a wide variety of classes, races, and strategies. I look forward to meeting a FOcast or FOcaseal. As a RAnewm, I think it'd be an interesting duo.

Nekomimi
Aug 31, 2006, 02:29 PM
The stat pages are nice but they don't take Expert Classes into account at all, and neither are any of you. I'm assuming Expert classes will spec in one thing and have a smidgen of another, but there are a LOT of them so who knows what to expect.

Also, I'm sad, because either you have to unlock it somehow, or only NPC beastgirls get tails. ;_;

Axios-
Aug 31, 2006, 04:44 PM
I wonder if level 60 or level 90 is when expert classes become available. It would seem later than I had thought, but I don't know.

Niki
Aug 31, 2006, 06:16 PM
Excellent topic, good posting. Hopefully we'll get those much-needed Beast Force stats soon. Thanks Sol, Axios.

DarkShadowX
Aug 31, 2006, 06:20 PM
Indeed, this is all helpful info, tho I would also like to see Expert Class stats.

Nekomimi
Aug 31, 2006, 06:38 PM
Furthermore, each class level also increases your stats a little bit. Knowing base stats is helpful but it's just not very accurate.

SolRiver
Aug 31, 2006, 08:10 PM
On 2006-08-31 16:38, Nekomimi wrote:
Furthermore, each class level also increases your stats a little bit. Knowing base stats is helpful but it's just not very accurate.

Meh, I just wonder if newman force can boost their TAP over 2000... that would be pretty insane.

Also, according to some other thread. Some spells do hurt the caster (ReGrant?), in this case, FoNewearl might kill themselves with huge TAP and low HP, although we still need to see if the MST can resist it enough. If they do damage themselves far too much, perhaps human or even cast, would be the better idea.

Just some thought.

Niki
Aug 31, 2006, 08:13 PM
Wow, another interesting point. Still, in the end, when it comes to what I play, it's concept first, stats second.

Natrokos
Aug 31, 2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks much for the chart. Now if only there was a way to factor in Expert Lvls....

Yoruichi
Aug 31, 2006, 11:26 PM
I think another seller will be the race/sex specific gear/weapons like Nei's Claw, Double stag, and etc. That may set certain combos apart.

SolRiver
Sep 1, 2006, 06:45 AM
On 2006-08-31 21:26, Yoruichi wrote:
I think another seller will be the race/sex specific gear/weapons like Nei's Claw, Double stag, and etc. That may set certain combos apart.

Blah, I hope it will be more balanced this time. PSO had like 3 male items and 24358924768 female items.

VanHalen
Sep 1, 2006, 09:21 PM
GO NEWMAN HUNTERS YAY!!! The challenge intrest me