PDA

View Full Version : So how is the A.I in this game?

ShatterStar
Aug 31, 2006, 07:04 AM
like how good are the npc's do they do there job or do u have to be like babysitting them. and do enemy try to sneak up on attack from all sides. in a real time rpg A.I is something that need to be done well and im just wanting to know how saga did with this 1.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 31, 2006, 09:40 AM
you don't need to babysit, you won't have any more mome episodes. allies revive after a minute of being dead.

Nekomimi
Aug 31, 2006, 09:50 AM
The enemies are very much improved over the simple ones you remember from PSO. They do things like hop from side to side, rush you, or run away, instead of simply walking at you and getting killed.

Pure-chan
Aug 31, 2006, 09:54 AM
Somehow, I think I'll sort of miss those anguished cries of "I hate that MOME guy he's retarded!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Emrald
Aug 31, 2006, 12:55 PM
Mome sucked but Elly was cool

NightHour13
Aug 31, 2006, 03:25 PM
Hmm, ok so now they dodge, rush and run...Anything complicated? Like so a jump back and rush forward to a cool attack?! is it hard to hit them somtimes? Im just hoping for some really tough monsters later on. It would be awesome to actually be afraid to enter a specific area just because the monsters there are psycoticly hard.

Nekomimi
Aug 31, 2006, 03:40 PM
On 2006-08-31 13:25, NightHour13 wrote:
Hmm, ok so now they dodge, rush and run...Anything complicated? Like so a jump back and rush forward to a cool attack?! is it hard to hit them somtimes? Im just hoping for some really tough monsters later on. It would be awesome to actually be afraid to enter a specific area just because the monsters there are psycoticly hard.

Well they're not THAT hard (yet), but yes, sometimes certain enemies will do tricky things like back away, then rush you when you chase them. I've also encountered an enemy that will kick you with its hind legs if you try to attack from behind it.

ShatterStar
Aug 31, 2006, 03:48 PM
cool sounds good that the enemies are not mindless drones. what a about npc's are they aggressive and do they cast healing spell and such when needed and is the anyway to set up the way they act in battle.

A2K
Aug 31, 2006, 03:54 PM
On 2006-08-31 13:48, ShatterStar wrote:
cool sounds good that the enemies are not mindless drones. what a about npc's are they aggressive and do they cast healing spell and such when needed and is the anyway to set up the way they act in battle.

I had heard that if everyone stands still, Maya casts support techniques.

linkzone
Aug 31, 2006, 04:57 PM
Next-Gen games are getting better with NPCs. Im actually surprise how life like they are getting. Games like F.E.A.R. have real battle tactics, many that I recognize cause Marines us them too. I dont know if PSU will have coordinated attacks from enemys or if each monster is on its own program and does what it wants. But I think it would be cool if stronger monsters sent in weaker ones to slow you down while they waited for you to be weak then rushed in for the kill. Might make the game harder but games arent fun without a challenge.

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 31, 2006, 05:31 PM
So the enemies hop, skip and jump...but can these movements actually be used to your advantage? Like, wait for it to jump (or trigger it to jump if that applies) then hit it?

On 2006-08-31 14:57, linkzone wrote:
But I think it would be cool if stronger monsters sent in weaker ones to slow you down while they waited for you to be weak then rushed in for the kill. Might make the game harder but games arent fun without a challenge.

Isn't that what the boss enemies have been doing since the days of yore? In games with experience points, this tactic pretty much backfires against the boss since his minions simply die and allow the hero to get stronger.

Nuclearranger
Aug 31, 2006, 10:18 PM
The small ones should count as NO exp then?