PDA

View Full Version : PSU Computer Problem

RSmiroldo
Aug 31, 2006, 09:35 AM
Luckily the game works fine on my laptop but as for my desktop when I pop the cd in the DVD-ROM drive it tells me basically that it is not compatible any suggestions?

Dingo
Aug 31, 2006, 09:46 AM
We need more info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif .

Inazuma
Aug 31, 2006, 09:48 AM
maybe your computer cant read dual layer dvds?

RSmiroldo
Aug 31, 2006, 09:50 AM
Yeah thats probably it. Do you guys know any dvd-rom drives from new egg that I could that would def work.

VioletSkye
Aug 31, 2006, 01:02 PM
Any DVD drive should be able to read a dual layer DVD ROM (even just basic older DVD ROM drives.) In fact the reason a dual layer DVD can only be no larger than 8.5GB is because if it is any larger it won't be compatible with DVD ROM drives. And in the case with commercial DVD ROMs, +/- formats don't even come into play.

I would suggest posting a more descriptive error message and also maybe post your PC specs. I know this sounds like an obvious question but are you sure the optical drive on your desktop is capable of reading DVDs and not just CDs?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-08-31 11:05 ]</font>

RSmiroldo
Aug 31, 2006, 01:42 PM
I'm positive the top drive is my dvd drive and the bottom is my burner cd-r drive. The exact error was This cd may be corrupted, or it is not compatible with the version of windows your running. The problem with that is that I loaded everything fine on my laptop. As for the specs of my computer

80 gig hd
768 mb of RAM
pentium 4 processor 2.4 GHz
GeForce 5800 LE graphics card

VioletSkye
Aug 31, 2006, 01:50 PM
Heh, it just dawned on me that the DVD would be region protected to their specifications. JP disks are region 2 and an older DVD drive might not be able to read it.

Either that or you need language support for japanese.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-08-31 11:58 ]</font>

Parn
Aug 31, 2006, 01:52 PM
You may want to consider networking your laptop and PC together as a possible solution to your problem.

RSmiroldo
Aug 31, 2006, 01:58 PM
That's a smart idea but I'm not to sure how to do that.

Parn
Aug 31, 2006, 02:09 PM
Do you have a router? If so, under "My Network Places" for both computers, you'll want to click on "Set up a home or small office network" and go through the setup wizard... the important thing is to make sure both your laptop and PC are set for the same workgroup, the default being "MSHome" if I recall right.

If you don't have a router, you can connect your PC directly to your laptop from NIC to NIC, though you'll need a crossover ethernet cable, since a standard one won't work in that situation.

RSmiroldo
Aug 31, 2006, 02:25 PM
I have a wireless router so I think ill try that first option. Thanks a lot by the way.