PDA

View Full Version : In PSU...

mattdude
Aug 31, 2006, 10:41 AM
In PSU, why do I need a internet connection for sing le player??? Is there a specific reason??

9If this post came twice sorry about that.)

Dingo
Aug 31, 2006, 10:48 AM
Why not specify the title of the topic a little more.

But the online-connection might be for registering. I can't tell you for sure because I don't have a PC version of the game.

Nekomimi
Aug 31, 2006, 11:00 AM
As an anti-piracy / anti-hacking measure, Sega is requiring all owners of the PC version of the game to register their games online, and then it checks your registration every time you play.

mattdude
Aug 31, 2006, 11:04 AM
oh okay.... will they delete the online chars. I had??? that is what FFXI did...hope they wont do that

Legenden
Aug 31, 2006, 11:09 AM
What`s sad about this solution is that it affects the people who bhought their game and wants to play offline when server is down or have limited internet connection.
I think Register your copy should be enough, since it is more balanced in terms of preventing piracy and don`t destroy fun for customers.
And when talking about cheating I don`t really see the problem as long as it is offline singleplayer.

mattdude
Aug 31, 2006, 11:10 AM
yah

Nekomimi
Aug 31, 2006, 11:11 AM
On 2006-08-31 09:09, Legenden wrote:
What`s sad about this solution is that it affects the people who bhought their game and wants to play offline when server is down or have limited internet connection.
I think Register your copy should be enough, since it is more balanced in terms of preventing piracy and don`t destroy fun for customers.
And when talking about cheating I don`t really see the problem as long as it is offline singleplayer.

Attitudes like yours ruined PSO. I'd rather the game take 30 minutes EVERY TIME I BOOT UP, then ever have to deal with cheating online again. 'Oh, it's only offline!' Right, which naturally evolves into online cheating. If you're going to cheat, GTFO my game.

Legenden
Aug 31, 2006, 11:16 AM
I wont cheat offline becouse It really ruins the feeling of the games story and progression.

But I dont mind others cheating offline.

One good thing with offline cheating would be to see all differnt stats and get a better idea of how good my legit online char will be in the future:)

mattdude
Aug 31, 2006, 11:18 AM
I don't evan know how to cheat in a offline game like PSU, or PSO, so I really don't want to know...
I am 14 so I wont ever no... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif