PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find any rares on PSU?

Ryoten
Aug 31, 2006, 01:11 PM
Just like the topic said, did anyone find any rares? If so, can you guys put some pics of them on the board? I'm looking forward to dual-weilding 2 DB sabers when I start the game. *To bad that I'll have to wait for the US version.*

Undubbed
Aug 31, 2006, 01:46 PM
I've only up to lvl 8 in PSO, but how do you know if an item's a rare? Is it labled?

I ask cause this game hasn't been out long and usually you don't know if it's a rare until you realize it takes forever but I'm just asking.

AngelLight
Aug 31, 2006, 01:47 PM
you mean psu I hope

Valkayree
Aug 31, 2006, 01:54 PM
PSUpedia has a list of some items... may be rare, don' t know

Mewn
Aug 31, 2006, 02:01 PM
On 2006-08-31 11:46, Undubbed wrote:
I've only up to lvl 8 in PSO, but how do you know if an item's a rare? Is it labled?

I ask cause this game hasn't been out long and usually you don't know if it's a rare until you realize it takes forever but I'm just asking.

Any item of 7 stars or above can be considered a rare item. They drop in red-coloured boxes, regardless of item type (though the shape of the boxes will differ depending on the item type), and you will get a notification about the item.

There are some seemingly unique weapons that are less than 7* (e.g. Harisen, Real Handgun), not sure whether to term them 'rare' or just 'unique', since even PSO's joke weapons were 9* at least.

kilometers
Aug 31, 2006, 02:25 PM
I picked up my first rare last night. I was playing solo and a bunch of random yellow text appeared saying I found a 7 star item. I forget what it was called though. =p I'll take a screenshot next time I log on.

Nekomimi
Aug 31, 2006, 02:27 PM
I've gotten a couple of rare items playing Story and Extra mode, no weapons or armor though, just...something else. The icon looks like a claw, a little bit. I think it's for synthesis or something.

Undubbed
Aug 31, 2006, 02:58 PM
This game has synthesis!? INSTA Pre Order!

DarkShadowX
Aug 31, 2006, 03:00 PM
On 2006-08-31 12:58, Undubbed wrote:
This game has synthesis!? INSTA Pre Order!

lol, yes this game has Item Synthesis, its one of the functions that a PM(Partner Machinery) can do.

Hozanto
Aug 31, 2006, 04:28 PM
Nekomimi, how far into story mode did you have to play get extra mode?

Foxix
Aug 31, 2006, 04:31 PM
I believe you have to get to chapter 4 if my memory is correct http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Hozanto
Aug 31, 2006, 04:45 PM
oh.... okay thanks.

DarkShadowX
Aug 31, 2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah, once you beat Chapter 4, Extra Mode is unlocked.

Nekomimi
Aug 31, 2006, 06:39 PM
Missions are very limited at that point, though. It's worth playing along though, if you ask me. You get to see some stronger weapons a bit earlier than normal in Extra mode, at least in my experience, plus it's nice to be able to just run a mission without having to worry about how to trigger the next story event.