PDA

View Full Version : Not enough time

linkzone
Aug 31, 2006, 07:42 PM
I just wanted to say that there will never be enough time. I played PSO for who knows how long and never got a nearly a 3rd of all the cool weapons that existed. If PSU is anything like PSO in reguards to the rarity of weapons then my social life will be nonexistant again. I actually hid PSO from myself in so I could stop playing it and regain a social status.

Dhylec
Aug 31, 2006, 07:52 PM
Heh, are you declaring addiction to PSU already?
I hope ST wouldn't rob you too much of social time because I called PSO e-drug at one time. ;]

Nekomimi
Aug 31, 2006, 08:02 PM
During the height of my PSO addiction, my day went like this.

Sleep
Work (5pm-2am at Blockbuster)
Play PSO until 10am or so.
Sleep.
Work
Play PSO
Day off (Play PSO non-stop with only food and shower breaks)
Sleep
Work

And so on.

McLaughlin
Aug 31, 2006, 08:06 PM
How long did you play for Linkzone? Took me just inside of 2 years to get every rare (save a Dancing Hitogata and some ludicous Pinkal drop) and I hit 200 with my HUmar (a Skyly).

Although, at the pinicle of my PSO career I did play for at least 2 hours a day (I made it mandatory for myself).

linkzone
Aug 31, 2006, 08:29 PM
I played about 3+ hours a day on week days and 7+ hours on week ends. With a friend. I never liked playing alone. But I never found all the rares. I got about maybe 25% at best. And I never beat the final boss on ultimate. Got every thing else done just never beat him. Dont know why though.

_Tek_
Sep 1, 2006, 02:08 AM
This is why I end up cheating, because I just want to see everything in the game.

Natrokos
Sep 1, 2006, 02:54 AM
On 2006-08-31 18:02, Nekomimi wrote:

Sleep
Sleep.
Work
Play PSO
Sleep
Work

And so on.

Showers are for chumps. Plus you can eat and type at the same time.

zandra117
Sep 1, 2006, 05:53 AM
During the hight of my pso addiction I would play pso while I was at school (I have online school), I would eat while playing pso, I would take shower breaks and hum the pso ending theme while showering, I would stay awake all night playing pso, and when I did fall asleep from sleep deprivation I would have nightmares about De Rol Le, Dark Falz, and Olga Flow.

Sometimes I would wake up screaming "Damn tollaw droprate!!!" or something like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-09-01 03:55 ]</font>

Inazuma
Sep 1, 2006, 10:16 AM
i did everything i wanted to on psobb jp. took me about 3500 hours to create a "perfect fonewearl". that includes getting every useful item in the game, cept a few level 30 base techs.

Mewn
Sep 1, 2006, 10:22 AM
I accomplished my twin goals of finding an uber and hitting level 200 on PSOBB, the version I was most addicted to. Other than sleep, work, and meals, I played it pretty non-stop during my 'worst' (can't figure out a better word XD) times.

PSU probably won't have the same effect, because of University taking up more of my time (and probably forcing me to be social, lol).

DarK-SuN
Sep 1, 2006, 10:43 AM

Sleep
Sleep.
Work
Play PSO
Sleep
Work

And so on.

Wow, you actually took breaks to eat?
I'd simply play AND eat at the same time. XD
Doing 48 hours straight of PSO in case I had two days off wasn't unheard of either in my case.
Ah, those were the days...

The way I see it, similar things would happen with PSU for me right now, but the "girl factor" will cut the online time some more, even on days off.

Chronicbeast
Sep 1, 2006, 11:38 AM
Dude, I was soo bad that I would skip classes for college and just hide in my dorm room. Instead of studying Pre-Calc, I'd study Challenge Mode maps XD My friends would come look for me and I would act like I'm sick, but the Gamecube was still spinning... under my bed. I had it bad then, but I think I can control my addiction now.

Calibur
Sep 1, 2006, 09:25 PM

Sleep
Sleep.
Work
Play PSO
Sleep
Work

And so on.

same here...

Dreamcast PSO gave me my first F ever in school back in 2001.

Nekomimi
Sep 1, 2006, 09:28 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to devote anywhere near as much time ALL AT ONCE to PSU as I did to PSO, due to a change in careers. (They do say you're a Soldier 24/7, but after 4 years of it I'm convinced there are 28 hours in a day and I work all of them.)

peenk
Sep 1, 2006, 11:36 PM
I need to try that... hide something from myself ... LoL!
You have split personality or something?

And wtf? you took shower breakes? i skiped those on days off .. thats like 1 hour more of PSO dude!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-09-01 21:37 ]</font>

Kimil
Sep 2, 2006, 12:06 AM
Wow, PSJUNKIES XD

Lol, I never eally cared about getting EVERYTHING, hell, I didn't even care About leveling, I wouldn't say I'm an addict either. I only played once or twice a week.

Life is more important than PSO and PSU