PDA

View Full Version : Do you need 2 DVD to play for 2 people?

Nika
Aug 31, 2006, 09:44 PM
Like if I want to play with my brother online together, do I need to get 2 DVD? I want to know about it is full install or not,it is need CD-key?, and it is able to clone with Alchohol120% ?

Because I want to play with him, but he won't if it is need to buy 2 DVD of same game.

Pacpunk
Aug 31, 2006, 09:45 PM
most likely. you will need to accounts so yeah 2 disks

EtherForce
Aug 31, 2006, 09:48 PM
You will probably need 2 CD keys to play online at the same time.

Authenticate
Aug 31, 2006, 09:49 PM
You could probably use the same CD if PSU doesn't require a CD-Key to install, but you'd both have to get your own Account Keys to play online at the same time. So might as well just get two games.

vitius137
Aug 31, 2006, 09:50 PM
All you need is 2 different CD keys but acquiring a CD key illegally is illegal.

A2K
Aug 31, 2006, 10:50 PM
Uh... it depends, actually. You and your brother live together, I assume? Aside from all the stuff that's been mentioned, I'm not actually sure the game servers can differentiate between two computers coming from the same IP address.

That only applies, of course, when you're both trying to play at the same time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-08-31 20:51 ]</font>

Otis_Kat
Aug 31, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-08-31 20:50, A2K wrote:
Uh... it depends, actually. You and your brother live together, I assume? Aside from all the stuff that's been mentioned, I'm not actually sure the game servers can differentiate between two computers coming from the same IP address.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-08-31 20:51 ]</font>

I don't see a problem with it. Me and my brother play Blue Burst at the same time. Why would it be different for PSU?

A2K
Aug 31, 2006, 11:12 PM
Oh... I suppose it's fine, then. I was just thinking there might be a conflict or something. Because the data is being sent to the same place, I thought the router might have trouble differentiating the traffic and whatnot. Purely speculation.

tfshadow
Aug 31, 2006, 11:15 PM
Well, long story short.

I'm waiting for the US release. I have 1 brother who is going to play, along with me.

So if this is like PSO and you have your own set of characters, in order for me and my brother to do that, we'll need to buy 2 games, right?

McLaughlin
Aug 31, 2006, 11:19 PM
Routers assign each computer a seperate IP. Everything gets sent to the router, which then forwards it to where it needs to go.

A2K
Aug 31, 2006, 11:35 PM
Wouldn't each computer at least need a unique listening port, though? Otherwise the router wouldn't know which PC to send it to? Is that sort of thing automatic, I wonder? It works somehow with PSOBB (and assumedly PSU).

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 31, 2006, 11:37 PM
Wait, so you two play BB with one account?

A2K
Aug 31, 2006, 11:41 PM
I don't know about two games, but in order for you each to have your own set of four characters (saved server-side), you're going to have to at least set up two different online accounts/subscriptions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-08-31 21:41 ]</font>

Otis_Kat
Aug 31, 2006, 11:45 PM
Two

McLaughlin
Aug 31, 2006, 11:57 PM
My router assigns IP addresses automatically. I don't have to modify anything.

A2K
Sep 1, 2006, 02:41 AM
Yes, of course, but to the rest of the Internet, both of those computers have one IP address, assigned by your ISP. I think, but I'm not certain, PSO doesn't require any special port forwarding because it never acts as a host/server. It doesn't need listening ports because no one is connecting with you, you're establishing the connection with them. I know that certain online games have had trouble with this in the past, which is why I bothered bringing it up in the first place, but it seems the original poster has nothing to worry about.

I think. What bothers me is that I don't know why that's the case. I should probably take a networking class or something instead of guessing, but oh well. I know enough to get what I need working properly, so oh well.

Longhair-nyu
Sep 1, 2006, 02:57 AM
Yes, of course, but to the rest of the Internet, both of those computers have one IP address...

That's great news!
Maybe someone of you with the PSU PC version and two computers can provide that this is also possible with PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Natrokos
Sep 1, 2006, 02:59 AM
Girlfriend and I are sharing an account...We are just going to have 2 chars each. If you want to play together eventually i'd set up 2 accounts. If you don't care then just set up one and share it?

Tycho
Sep 1, 2006, 03:00 AM
Assuming you'd want to be logged in simultaneously, yes, you would.

UniKoRn
Sep 1, 2006, 03:01 AM
Regardless of the IP address, the servers may disconnect a session if it sees another session request from the same account. I'd assume that it would do so to prevent duping/hacking.

Natrokos
Sep 1, 2006, 03:03 AM
Question was a little vague. Forgive me if I completely misunderstood.

UniKoRn
Sep 1, 2006, 03:05 AM
If you want to play together you will probably need 2 copies of the game.

As you will probably both need your own serial code to bind to your personal account names.

Longhair-nyu
Sep 1, 2006, 03:35 AM
OH! I think i missread something, i thought it confirmed that it is possible to log on with one version of PSOBB on two computers at the same time. Sorry my fault! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Legenden
Sep 1, 2006, 03:45 AM
A2K wrote:

Otis_Kat wrote:

A2K wrote:
I don't see a problem with it. Me and my brother play Blue Burst at the same time. Why would it be different for PSU?

When buying a online game like this it`s usually also the CD-Key you pay for not only the DVDs.
I guess you will have to have 2 different CD keys and 2 accounts to both be online at the same time.

Blue Burst didn`t have CD Key, so therefore only 2 Accounts where needed.

Zarbolord
Sep 1, 2006, 04:12 AM
Wouldn't that depend on the account creation? The serial code could well be given to you only when the account is made. also, we need to know if the game needs a disc to be played or not.

KylePhoenix
Sep 1, 2006, 08:02 AM
Is it able to clone with Alchohol120% ?

As a matter of fact it is.

Nekomimi
Sep 1, 2006, 04:10 PM
You can burn as many copies of the game as you want, but unless you have a registration code you're not going to be able to play it.

Fleece
Sep 1, 2006, 05:44 PM
You guys make me laugh with your networking knowledge..... Lol.........