PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Frame Skip?

Ether
Aug 31, 2006, 10:47 PM
PC version, when I put the frameskip to 0, I run like I'm underwater. I coulda sworn they patched this on the beta, is there anyway to fix it, besides the obvious of putting frameskip back to 1

Kers
Aug 31, 2006, 11:02 PM
Watashiwa did that and he blew a load. I'm shure you've seen his vid? http://www.vengefulsoda.com/psu_60fps.avi

Anyways, if you're implying that your computer can handle it at 0 frameskip, than I dunno(lol...bump & post count +1!). Maybe you should post your PC specs for the PC guys.

whacking_man
Aug 31, 2006, 11:07 PM
On 2006-08-31 20:47, Ether wrote:
PC version, when I put the frameskip to 0, I run like I'm underwater. I coulda sworn they patched this on the beta, is there anyway to fix it, besides the obvious of putting frameskip back to 1

you probably need a fresher system. PSU is a little more system intensive compared to mii-pah~ and necos

Nuclearranger
Aug 31, 2006, 11:24 PM
PSU isnt that system intence....

A2K
Aug 31, 2006, 11:39 PM
On 2006-08-31 21:24, NuclearRanger wrote:
PSU isnt that system intence....

Certainly, but some people have (relatively speaking) older or lower quality (read: integrated) video cards that can cause trouble with PSU, even. The game might still work for some, but that certainly doesn't mean they could turn on all the bells and whistles max resolution, either.

God knows with my GeForce 5200 I'm likely one of those "some". Which is kind of a shame, because I'd rather be running the game in 60 FPS (Frameskip=0) than 30 (Frameskip=1). Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-08-31 21:42 ]</font>

Nuclearranger
Aug 31, 2006, 11:47 PM
I never knew frame skip changed it that dramaticaly....
1 frameskip is 30FPS and 0 is 60 lol
ouch
Thanks for the info Pff integrated cards lol
If your going to do gaming on your computer there are Good cheap cards out there.
Best deal i could find so far is
ATI X1600Xt
im getting
ATI X1900XT not for this game but that should run it all awsome

A2K
Sep 1, 2006, 02:44 AM
Well obviously, if you skip one frame, or, in other words, every other frame, that effectively cuts your framerate in half, doesn't it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Although, I don't know why anyone would bother setting the frame skip higher, lowering their framerate any more than that. 30 is definitely the bare minimum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-01 00:53 ]</font>

DarK-SuN
Sep 1, 2006, 10:46 AM
If it's like in PSOBB, it initially didn't have auto-frameskip but then they added it.
The same may happen for PSU, having it added at a later update.

kassy
Sep 1, 2006, 11:30 AM
On 2006-09-01 08:46, DarK-SuN wrote:
If it's like in PSOBB, it initially didn't have auto-frameskip but then they added it.
The same may happen for PSU, having it added at a later update.

What do you mean? PSU already has frame skip :

On 2006-08-31 20:47, Ether wrote:

Turn down your resolution, if even at a low resolution it still runs badly set with frame skip set to 0 you'll either just have to accept playing with frame skip set to 1 (30 fps) or get a new graphics card that can handle running the game at 60 fps.