PDA

View Full Version : PSU: I know what the ghost people are, BUT.... (Importer Q)

StratixEVO
Aug 31, 2006, 11:31 PM
...I've been watching the videos of PSU running on PC. I was hoping BOTH PS2 and PC importers could describe how the ghosts look in the final version?

The reason I ask, is all the people in I've seen in the distance on the PC videos look like full character models, not the blocky grey guys. So, I can see they still disappear when you get close, but are PC players seeing less of the grey blocky ghosts?

If you've been online too, I'd like to know how it is there. Lastly, thanks to all the importers that are sharing their experiences with us! You are awesome like awesome!

StratixEVO
Sep 2, 2006, 01:12 AM
Ok, I generally frown upon useless topic bumping and the rules say no excessive bumping. So I'm just gonna give this question one second chance, now that the PSU boards are dead (no red folders).

Otherwise, too bad for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kyuu
Sep 2, 2006, 03:22 AM
The grey, ghost-like models belong exclusively to other players' character models that haven't loaded yet, if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise, they fleshed-out all the non-interactive, filler NPCs that roam around the cities so they look like actual people and not ghosts (they're still low-poly models, though). However, they still disappear when you get too close.

They exist both offline and online, though one would think the server could determine their spawn rate based on how many actual players are currently in the city (spawn less when there are more players, of course, and vice versa). Or perhaps the "ghost" NPCs are determined client-side? I dunno.

Sev
Sep 2, 2006, 03:24 AM
It'd just be nice if you had the option to not see 'em at all. Or if they at least spiffed it up so they'd fade out instead of disappearing right away. Either way, I don't think it's something that'll bother me since I won't be worrying about them. It's not like they get in my way at all.