PDA

View Full Version : PSU Petition

AddictedFan
Sep 1, 2006, 05:48 AM
Hello everybody,
As you can see, i'm new on this forum and if i registered now it's not because i just discovered PSU or PSO, i'm an old player of PSO and as numerous fans of the game, i'm looking forward to PSU !!

You surely know that JP and US servers will be separated from each other, and it will definitly be the same with the European server.
Didn't you guys like playing with players coming from all over the World ?
Why does SEGA want to separate amrecian players from europeans and asians ??
We could play together from the very beginning of PSO on DC, until GC/XBOX version of PSO episode I & II (and PSO episode III for Gc)so why would it be different now ???
What is it with "gaijin" (strangers) as they say in Japan ??
I made some japanese friends on PSO, they were very cool so i don't think it's just because japanese don't like US and EU ....

So so, i'm asking people to tell to SEGA that WE DON'T WANT SEPARATED SERVERS !!
I told approximately the same on another great PSO forum (called Blue-Rappy) which counts 2988 registered people, i asked them to react and to make a petition for SEGA, I'm now waiting for answers, i would like that together we make a signle petition that we would sign ans send to SEGA.
If you know some forums of PSO why don't you ask them to sign the petition too ? I'll do the same if i find another forums.

I hope you'll read this topic and answer it, but what i hope the most is that we make this petition and that many people sign so SEGA would change his mind http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm looking forward to your answers / suggestions ?
Bye http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

To sign the petition, follow this link
http://www.petitiononline.com/256922/petition.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AddictedFan on 2006-09-01 05:16 ]</font>

Inu_Shadi
Sep 1, 2006, 06:03 AM
Most likely the US/EU servers will be together, unless Sega America and Sega Europe hate eachother all of a sudden. XP

Nika
Sep 1, 2006, 06:24 AM
I don't know why they separate server too. I really hate it , if not I can join PSUjp now and no need to wait.

Kyunji
Sep 1, 2006, 06:28 AM
Do what you want, but at this stage, it's more than likely too late to change anything (even if SEGA actually, for some reason, decided to respond to your petition). Besides, I'd personally prefer to play the game with people whose language I actually spoke and I could therefore communicate with than a bunch of people who cannot understand me and vice versa. At any rate, U.S. and E.U. servers should be together.

NDkEwL
Sep 1, 2006, 06:33 AM
umm...i thought they were going to be seperate to start with and eventually merge, maybe i read it wrong, but that is what i thought i heard.

Sinue_v2
Sep 1, 2006, 06:45 AM
Nobody ever hears about the US and EU people who mingle on the JP ships and are competant, courteous, team mates. No... we hear about the ass-hat dong snot SOB's from Oberon, Apatite, Vega, ect.. ect... who decide to test out the new codes they downloaded on the interweb on the unsuspecting general japanese populace. Or otherwise hog items, LOL consistantly, refuse to support, kill steal, and engage in other various forms of douchbaggery.

Sonic Team hears about them too... consistantly. Hence, not many Japanese people want connected servers. (They largely didn't want them to begin with, I believe, because even the courteous and polite otaku geek who creams all over anything Japanese can grate on the nerves rather fast).

Honestly, I don't blame them for wanting segregated servers. Sure it sucks for the few players who legitimately want to play with competant people no matter what nationality (Cmoders, it seems like, have this mentality moreso than others, for some reason), or with already established Japanese or European friends... but just like everything in our society - it only takes a handful of bellicouse fuckups to ruin it for everybody.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-09-01 04:47 ]</font>

AddictedFan
Sep 1, 2006, 07:25 AM
I hop you're right NDKEwL ! coz i have some japanese friends that are playing PSU right now (offline mode only since SEGA servers aren't online yet) and i wanna play with them again (i met them years before, on PSO DC).
And i truly liked discuss with people in jp/us ships ....

Sinue_v2, i know hackers suck, but you'll find hackers on every online games and i'm sure that some jp players did cheat !
You must know that if we could cheat on PSO, it was mostly thanks to code breaker / action replay, and a bug exploit.
On PC there's no code breaker, and if there's no bug on PSU, there will not have some bug exploits again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

kassy
Sep 1, 2006, 07:32 AM
Show me where it said US servers will be seperate from EU servers?

parabolee
Sep 1, 2006, 07:53 AM
I don't think the petition will make any difference but I signed it anyway.

Tycho
Sep 1, 2006, 09:01 AM
Not going to help, unless you make a succesful petition in Japanese.

DarK-SuN
Sep 1, 2006, 10:40 AM
If PSOBB is any indication, US and EU will be together.
I'd only worry about it once it's shown that they will be seperate.
Also, it was said that they can join servers if they want (in an interview it's clearly stated that for now the plans are for having JP and Xbox360 seperate but that it may change later on, showing they can change that if they so desire).

ORM-D
Sep 1, 2006, 12:07 PM
Well im pretty sure it is too late. If they do do it we would have to go buy and expansion or something like PSO ep 1&2 plus.

PhotonCat
Sep 1, 2006, 12:38 PM
Your petition isn't gonna work. They never do.

Sega already has this set in stone anyway. Besides, I like that the USA servers are separated from the JP. I highly doubt that the EU servers will be separate from the USA though.

Pacpunk
Sep 1, 2006, 12:43 PM
i dont see how thats a big deal.

uhawww
Sep 1, 2006, 12:48 PM
I won't sign, solely because I think they are aware of this and may make changes when ready.

My Partner Card has the letters "JP" in the bottom left corner.

DarkShadowX
Sep 1, 2006, 12:51 PM
I won't sign either, I don't think it'll work. But if they ever decide to join the servers, then so be it.

zaff100
Sep 1, 2006, 01:16 PM
As a old player of PSO DC and a player who has Japanese friends playing PSU JP It would be nice to play with them BUT.... Due to the big scale problem of US/EU players not tending to get along with Japanese players it is probably for the best that the servers stay seperated.

FFXI has had major problems in the past with US and JP players, I remember last Christmas there was a slagging match in the middle of Jeuno (major city in FFXI) between US/EU players and Japanese players, this went on for a good 30 minutes before a GM stepped in to control the situation.

You might thing well thats nothing really, but it made it hard to do some things that were needed to play the game really like get teleported from area to area, for newer players to ask for help, due to the consistant spamming of abuse from side to side. Also due to this I couldnt party with any Japanese players for a while just due to the fact I wasnt Japanese. This is a pain especially when there arent any other parties available at the time I normally play.

Also perhaps not down to anybody but players who decide to play with the Japanese parties and then havent got a clue whats going on where or whats meant to be hapening and end up getting kicked out of the party. This gives again a bad reputation for the rest of the US/EU players in Japanese parties/circles. Its rather simple if you dont know Japanese dont try and play with them unless they ask you. You dont even need to know how to read Kanji or Hiragana, I dont know how to but I know most key phrases in Romaj Japanese to be able to orgnaise myself and communicate with the rest of the party, this means no frustrated sides to the battle everybody is happy and we all grind them levels.

Now all that being said would it not just be more simple NOT to have people messing up the oppotunities and ruining relations even more just keep us all seperate makes sense to me. Shame but I see where its coming from. As DarkShadow said if they decide to merge servers then thats life we have to like it or lump it.

Cheers for reading I know its a rather long winded reply.

JohnBerserker
Sep 1, 2006, 01:25 PM
i say let us play together online. if somene makes an ass of themsleves on a different nationalities server just kick them off that server until they wise up. or forever. i really dont care. i wouldnt want people hurting relations between our countries, so if certain people cant get along just ban 'em. tho i doubt it would be as easy as, say banning some1 on a forum like this. but im sure they could think of some way to do it. just because a few people in our country are dumb***es doesnt men the entire country should get kicked for it. but if they r just waiting til we're all caught up in updates/quests/weapons etc. im fine with that.

oh yeah, and u got my signature

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohnBerserker on 2006-09-01 11:31 ]</font>

AddictedFan
Sep 1, 2006, 01:27 PM
uhawww i hope you're right, but people should not deny petitions, many petitions on the web were successful, as those asking developpers to released their last Shoot-em up on the dead DC (they were thousands of signs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

Nekomimi
Sep 1, 2006, 01:35 PM
Petitions are almost universally ignored. I refuse to sign any of them because it's pathetically fanboyish most of the time. How about instead of wasting everyone's time and email space, you just accept the already made decision and live with it? It's NOT that big a deal.

Black_Heart
Sep 1, 2006, 01:36 PM
I really don't care to play with Japanese people whom I can't understand, and have had several months headstart in the game. I prefer an even playing field where no one has a headstart over anyone else, is running around at Lv3056837 with a hundred rares.

Seperating the servers helps the game feel fresh and new for the US release. You importers who are impatient have to realize that the non-japanese speakers want the same experience as you and are willing to wait for it.

uhawww
Sep 1, 2006, 01:45 PM
If you've ever worked with application developers before, you know that you do not ask them to implement usability before they are prepared. The results would be disasterous. In due time, I think we will have our questions answered.

Personally, I think it a bit uneedingly forward of us to begin making demands the day after the game is released in its originating market and hasn't even been released here...

JohnBerserker
Sep 1, 2006, 01:54 PM
On 2006-09-01 11:36, Black_Heart wrote:
I really don't care to play with Japanese people whom I can't understand, and have had several months headstart in the game. I prefer an even playing field where no one has a headstart over anyone else, is running around at Lv3056837 with a hundred rares.

Seperating the servers helps the game feel fresh and new for the US release. You importers who are impatient have to realize that the non-japanese speakers want the same experience as you and are willing to wait for it.

thats the thing tho. if you dont want to run around with them, dont. its that simple. play on a US server or whatever(not to good wiht the techy stuff)if a JP joins your group either switch to a different one or deal with it try and learn a few things about the JP lifestyle.