PDA

View Full Version : Expert Type information

EspioKaos
Sep 1, 2006, 08:33 AM
SOURCE: Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/060901c.html)

Take from A Walkthrough of Gurhal, the strategy guide that shipped with the PSU USB keyboard, here's some information on the expert battle types.

Figunner (fighter + gunner)
Hunter + Ranger
Able to use both melee weapons and ranged weapons.

Guntechter (gunner + tech-caster)
Ranger + Force
Able use ranged weapons as well as cast techniques.

Wartechter (warrior + tech-caster)
Force + Hunter
Able to cast techniques as well as use melee weapons.

Fortefighter (pure hunter)
A pure fighter. Has excellent ATP and DFP, but lack in the number of weapons they can use.

Fortegunner (pure ranger)
A pure gunner. Has excellent ATP and ATA, but lack in the number of weapons they can use.

Fortetechser (pure force)
A pure technique-caster. Can use all techniques and is well-versed in the use of all tech-casting weapons. Has low DFP, however.

Protranser
An expert trap-setter. Able to use all traps including those of much greater power than normal.

ShadowTH1000
Sep 1, 2006, 08:44 AM
cool! that trap one sounds interesting

mechatra
Sep 1, 2006, 08:51 AM
Nice work Espio.

It's good to know the names of the differnt classes.
A trap setting class seems rather odd really.
Any word on how to access the Higher-tier classes?

Nisshoku
Sep 1, 2006, 08:55 AM
I find the names are a little odd, but knowing me, I'll get used to them. Now, if I can only find out how to access said Expert Classes, then we'd all be set.

Awesome work, Espio.

Dhylec
Sep 1, 2006, 08:59 AM
Hm.. interesting indeed. ;]
I wonder why the pure types can't use all the weapons for the class? To 'balance' out & keeping them from utterly owning everything, I guess.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 1, 2006, 09:00 AM
thanks for the info.

Tycho
Sep 1, 2006, 09:05 AM
XD XD
Special tenth class! I knew it!

zandra117
Sep 1, 2006, 09:17 AM
I wonder what kind of equipment the protranser is able to use, S-rank handgun and nothing else? Maybe special trap vision goggles that allow the protranser to disarm enemy traps and reuse them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-09-01 07:17 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Sep 1, 2006, 09:19 AM
On 2006-09-01 06:59, Dhylec wrote:
I wonder why the pure types can't use all the weapons for the class? To 'balance' out & keeping them from utterly owning everything, I guess.

Maybe that meant that they can't use weapons of other classes, rather than that there is a limit to weapons of there class... Like, having HU+RA gives you access to HU and RA weapons, while being pure HU will only allow you to use HU weapons...

Are those really the names Espio? -w- I really don't like those names... I guess probably because I'm just not used to em... bleh... Well thanks for that update! A trap class eh?

Kupi
Sep 1, 2006, 09:23 AM
On 2006-09-01 07:19, RurouniJoku wrote:

On 2006-09-01 06:59, Dhylec wrote:

Maybe that meant that they can't use weapons of other classes, rather than that there is a limit to weapons of there class... Like, having HU+RA gives you access to HU and RA weapons, while being pure HU will only allow you to use HU weapons...

Are those really the names Espio? -w- I really don't like those names... I guess probably because I'm just not used to em... bleh... Well thanks for that update! A trap class eh?

I'm fairly certain that those are direct phonetic translations from the original Japanese. They could go anywhere after the localization team gets through with them.

Mewn
Sep 1, 2006, 09:34 AM
Very interesting indeed.

Oh, and Figunner ftw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DarkShadowX
Sep 1, 2006, 09:48 AM
Nice, can't wait to use them(when I do get PSU in NA). I'll probably go with Figunner, Fortefighter, or Protranser.

Tycho
Sep 1, 2006, 09:54 AM
'fortefighter'? more like 'fortifier', mirite? :disapprove:
Anyway, 'omg omg diagram representation':
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Tycho01/Avatars%20etc/PSUclasses.jpg
:D

DarK-SuN
Sep 1, 2006, 10:33 AM
This is VERY interesting.
I'm particularly interested in the Figunner(HU/RA) and the Fortefighter (FHU).

Maybe the protransers can actually see traps without using the goggles, as if they always had goggles on (much like androids in PSO or someone with trap/vision on), plus the ability to retrieve them and re-use them as they see fit.
That'd be nice and would definitely give this class a very valid reason to exist.

Kers
Sep 1, 2006, 11:26 AM
Awsome info, EspioKaos!

I wonder what the Protranser's weapon selection is, and PA/PTs. He's gotta have some decent ones, because traps vs. boss? We don't know yet, but...*cringe*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-09-01 09:27 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Sep 1, 2006, 12:32 PM
50cent will now be complete...

OdinTyler
Sep 1, 2006, 12:39 PM
This info is really good. I like the idea of specializing in traps (tho Idk if any of my chars will do this). If anything, I see the char as being very much a support char. Such a char could operate as a scout or backup for the team. Set traps, then, send in the Hunters & what not. I can see at least 1 person in any group doing this. It could work out pretty well!

ShinMaruku
Sep 1, 2006, 01:38 PM
Still no gunmage.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Emrald
Sep 1, 2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the info ^_^

Wubbie
Sep 1, 2006, 03:28 PM
I thank you very much for the information... Great stuff!

I'll be going Forte-Force on Balmung(my Main Newman)... Maybe changing Classes will work like the following:

Let's say Jim, a friendly Beast, has all the job levels at 20. He runs over to his PM/Room and finds himself changing his job... "Pick a Job." His PM says. Jim picks Hunter. "Pick a 2ndary Job." Jim picks Hunter again. "Great job Jim, Have fun being a Fortefighter!"
Jim is now a ForteHunter and runs around slicing things with his Photon Blades a-joy. But he decides it's time for a change... He heads back and goes through the same process... This time he choose Force-Hunter... He's not a (can't think of the name, Wartechsier?). "Awesome!" He says, and he continues on his marry way, changing jobs when he feels it's time. Eventually he completes some INSANE mission and unlocks the Trap Class. Selecting that in the first "class customization" popup the PM gives you will finish there... You will not select a 2nd class.

NOTE: The above is clearly speculation and crappy speculation at that ^_^.

A2K
Sep 1, 2006, 03:55 PM
1. Is that all of them?
2. Agh, if only we had a little more info on specific strengths and weaknesses. There's got to be a catch to using a combined class, I imagine.

DarkShadowX
Sep 1, 2006, 04:00 PM
1. I don't think so(wishful thinking on my part)
2. I would think that there is a catch.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 1, 2006, 04:17 PM
My main avatar/character I'll probably train to be a Wartechter (Force+Hunter) as long as it lets me still use great Swords and double-sabers, no info on if it's like a Hu+Fo though...

If WarTechter class doesn' t allow Swords or Double-Sabers, I *may* train to be a ForteFighter...

RoninJoku
Sep 1, 2006, 04:22 PM
On 2006-09-01 11:38, ShinMaruku wrote:
Still no gunmage.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Maybe you missed it...

EspioKaos wrote:
Guntechter (gunner + tech-caster)
Ranger + Force
Able use ranged weapons as well as cast techniques.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 1, 2006, 04:24 PM
if you're gonna be equal in the two classes, then I guess I'm sticking to making a Forte Fighter for my male human.

Arrow203
Sep 1, 2006, 04:53 PM
Fortegunner (pure ranger)
A pure gunner. Has excellent ATP and ATA, but lack in the number of weapons they can use.

Now me being me i <3 ranger, with this expert class will i be able to use ALL ranger type weps like handguns rifles shots and mechgunts (and what ever i forgot) ?

Saner
Sep 1, 2006, 05:02 PM
number of weapons they can use? oh they mean not being able to use the advanced weapons other classes can use.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 1, 2006, 05:06 PM
I thought it meant like a pure Hunter can use all blade weapons, but can't use too many guns.

DarkShadowX
Sep 1, 2006, 05:08 PM
On 2006-09-01 15:06, Shiroryuu wrote:
I thought it meant like a pure Hunter can use all blade weapons, but can't use too many guns.

Same here, I thought that as well.

Saner
Sep 1, 2006, 05:10 PM
I guess they are just reminding that a HunterForce can use all blades and Force weapons,
but Pure Hunters have better stats, yet can't use anything except blades and basic guns.

so the description is relaly a reminded that dual-classes have a larger weapon selection, and pure-classes are better overall in their class.

Kyuu
Sep 1, 2006, 05:25 PM
I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure that there is no requirement of getting all job levels up to 20 on a single character to open up the Expert Types.

DarkShadowX
Sep 1, 2006, 05:29 PM
I think I might work like this:

Forte(Pure) Class: Lvl 20 on Specific Class ex: Lvl 20 Hunter to access Forte(Pure) Hunter

Fusion Class: Lvl 20 on both Classes you want to use together.

Protranser: Lvl 20 All Classes

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 1, 2006, 05:45 PM
If a Fortegunner can still use a plain ol' Saber, I'll be going with that. If not, I may consider a Figunner (yecch, figs), stats be damned, just for the saber. Well, if I even like it enough...

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 1, 2006, 06:34 PM
My first char will be your basic hunter-ranger. i may make a pure ranger (why even get close) further down the line. i'm not too sure about the pure hunter though. sounds great but i'd have to get more info first. i like this idea a lot so far! trap master sounds interesting as well.

EspioKaos
Sep 1, 2006, 06:44 PM
No problem, guys. Always glad to share the info I find. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

They are. Or, like Kupi said, phonetic translations of them. In retrospect, I should've spelled the HU+RA combo as "fighgunner" or something to better emphasize the fighter aspect of the name. The "fi" prefix is supposed to be pronounced as it is in the word "fight."

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 1, 2006, 06:53 PM
That's what i was thinking at first but thought, why don't they have a hunter-force? just like you i wonder if i'll be limited to what photon bladed weapon i can use. like if i find a dragon slayer but can't use it... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

and i hate staffs and wands... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

On 2006-09-01 14:17, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
My main avatar/character I'll probably train to be a Wartechter (Force+Hunter) as long as it lets me still use great Swords and double-sabers, no info on if it's like a Hu+Fo though...

If WarTechter class doesn' t allow Swords or Double-Sabers, I *may* train to be a ForteFighter...

Jinto117
Sep 1, 2006, 07:40 PM
On 2006-09-01 15:08, DarkShadowX wrote:

On 2006-09-01 15:06, Shiroryuu wrote:

Same here, I thought that as well.

I to came to that conslusion.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 1, 2006, 07:55 PM
actually, I read in this article that there may be one primary class and one secondary class, according to the Japanese psu wiki, a HU/RA who is primarily a Hunter can S-rank only in certain melee weapons like the Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Double Sabers, Single Sabers, and Single Daggers while only going up to A-Rank in all other melee weapons except for Axes and only SOME guns that pure HU's can't use at all like the Crossbow, Twin Handgun, and Machinegun but still can't use Rifles, Shots, Longbows, Laser Beams, or Glades(whatever those are).
got it from here (http://suimasen.sakura.ne.jp/aaaphp/?%A5%CD%A5%C3%A5%C8%A5%EF%A1%BC%A5%AF%A5%E2%A1%BC% A5%C9%2F%A5%CF%A5%F3%A5%BF%A1%BC#s740bd36)

that is, if you can read Japanese. point is, I think one class WILL be your primary, and the other will be one that you have some skill in, but not as good as the other one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-09-01 18:02 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Sep 1, 2006, 09:50 PM
On 2006-09-01 16:44, EspioKaos wrote:
No problem, guys. Always glad to share the info I find. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

They are. Or, like Kupi said, phonetic translations of them. In retrospect, I should've spelled the HU+RA combo as "fighgunner" or something to better emphasize the fighter aspect of the name. The "fi" prefix is supposed to be pronounced as it is in the word "fight."

Heh... well, it's not like I didn't believe you... But more that I didn't want to believe the fact... I just don't like the names. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif oh well!

Kyuu
Sep 1, 2006, 10:13 PM
On 2006-09-01 17:55, Shiroryuu wrote:

... and only SOME guns that pure HU's can't use at all like the Crossbow, Twin Handgun, and Machinegun but still can't use Rifles, Shots, Longbows, Laser Beams, or Glades(whatever those are).
I find this part to be unlikely since Rifles, Shots, and Laser Cannons are weapons which I'm pretty sure are Ranger only. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EspioKaos
Sep 1, 2006, 10:17 PM
On 2006-09-01 19:50, RurouniJoku wrote:
Heh... well, it's not like I didn't believe you... But more that I didn't want to believe the fact... I just don't like the names. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif oh well!
Heh heh; but it wouldn't be Phantasy Star without goofy names, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif (Or, at least goofy spellings.)

To be honest, I've already gotten used to the names. Despite some of them being a little odd-sounding, I'm glad they went with a different naming convention than something like HUranger, RA-FO or something of the like.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 1, 2006, 10:18 PM
i think that's what Shiroryuu was saying. they're not a pure ranger so they can't use the rifles, shotguns, bows and lasers. but they can use guns like the machine gun that pure hunters can't use. i'm suprised thought that hunters-rangers can't use every s class melee weapon. i guess that's resuerved for the pure hunters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Espada
Sep 1, 2006, 10:29 PM
Wartechter! Perfect for recreating my HUnewearl! Oh...and Figunner sounds good, too (well...mainly because I'm guessing they'll have higher accuracy and evade than a full-out hunter). Me hates missing attacks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Freezing an enemy with Ice-based magic or boolits, then mowing them down with a sword sounds like fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EspioKaos
Sep 1, 2006, 11:33 PM
For those interested, the mini-guide Gurhal no Arukikata contains a table that has this information on it, and in the background of the table are the English spellings of each type.

Fighgunner
Guntecher
Wartecher
Fortefighter
Fortegunner
Fortecher
Protranser

For some reason the force suffix has that extra "ta" in Japanese which made me translate it as "techter" instead of "techer," but it looks like it's being ignored for the English names.

EDIT: Just fixed a small typo in the pure force type.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2006-09-01 21:57 ]</font>

Alisha
Sep 2, 2006, 12:01 AM
i REALLY hope that the wartecher is closer to a fomarl/fomar than a humar/hunewearl

Yoruichi
Sep 2, 2006, 12:45 AM
On 2006-09-01 22:01, Alisha wrote:
i REALLY hope that the wartecher is closer to a fomarl/fomar than a humar/hunewearl

Other than special rares they hopefully make for each expert class specificly(or else you can't equip), I hope its dependent on your race. So my beast would be a humar/hunewearl, where as a newman would be a formar anything else in between.

Axios-
Sep 2, 2006, 01:37 AM
Not only would your race have an impact on that, but it is to my understanding that PAs and techniques level up through use and such. If you favor one side more than the other, I think it would show in time.

Natrokos
Sep 2, 2006, 01:45 AM
I know it's a small detail but I am curious why they use Fighgunner and Wartechter and not Fightechter or Wargunner? Different prefix on the HUFO HURA combos. Plus I am wondering if Protranser can use techs...

Alisha
Sep 2, 2006, 01:50 AM
war tekker = battle mage? i assume as much since it was listed as FO+HU instead of HU+FO

A2K
Sep 2, 2006, 02:18 AM
On 2006-09-01 23:45, Natrokos wrote:
I know it's a small detail but I am curious why they use Fighgunner and Wartechter and not Fightechter or Wargunner? Different prefix on the HUFO HURA combos. Plus I am wondering if Protranser can use techs...

Purely aesthetics, I imagine.

Saner
Sep 2, 2006, 02:36 AM
a Wartechter is a master of both Hunter and Force. (of course not the best in either class like the pure classes that specialize in those fields, but better in its own way of being able to be 2 classes at once.) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_salad.gif

it isn't a Force that can use hunter weapons or a Hunter that can use techniques, it's simply a class that can use all the weapons BOTH of those basic classes can use. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-09-02 00:37 ]</font>

Alisha
Sep 2, 2006, 02:52 AM
please.... stfu and stop talking like you know everything. you yourself even said you never played pso online. sos stop talking any many people will be happy.

Natrokos
Sep 2, 2006, 02:52 AM
Well I am very satisfied with what i've heard thus far. And since we can change classes and such there's nothing to prevent experimenting until you find something you like.

Kyuu
Sep 2, 2006, 03:14 AM
On 2006-09-02 00:52, Alisha wrote:
please.... stfu and stop talking like you know everything. you yourself even said you never played pso online. sos stop talking any many people will be happy.
o_0... Were you talking to Saner? Because in this case she is correct.

None of the Expert Type classes have a primary/secondary structure. The Wartecher, for instance, is simply able to use both Hunter and Force weapons, though can't wield either with the proficiency of a Fortefighter or Fortetechser. So, as has been previously stated, your race will determine if you're more "FOmar-ish" or "HUnewearlish," as well as whether you focus more heavily on leveling your PAs or technics (although eventually one would assume you'd master both as much as the class allows).

Sev
Sep 2, 2006, 03:22 AM
My only concern is with the FighGunner class, are you going to get an ATA and ATP boost like you would as a regular Ranger? Since if this is the case, it's kinda ideal for boosting Beast ATA and still being Hunter oriented.

Yoruichi
Sep 2, 2006, 04:11 AM
On 2006-09-02 01:22, Sev wrote:
My only concern is with the FighGunner class, are you going to get an ATA and ATP boost like you would as a regular Ranger? Since if this is the case, it's kinda ideal for boosting Beast ATA and still being Hunter oriented.

Genius idea, I thought about it myself. I was worred how about much atp I would give up for the decent accuracy. If its like PSO, I'd like to have the highest ATP to equip the best weapons asap.

tank1
Sep 2, 2006, 06:06 AM
Humans and Newmans dont seem so useless now that ive read this "Gun-Techer" ftw.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 2, 2006, 06:27 AM
if its gonna be race dependent if you're gonna be more HUmarish or FOmarish, then I guess I might stick to ForteFighter for my HUmar since he's not really some kind of a battle mage or a gunner. but to me, so far according to that wiki site I posted that it does look somewhat like there's a primary class, I'm hoping its like that.

hypersaxon
Sep 2, 2006, 06:51 AM
Okay, I'm now salty. So there is pure HU/RA/FO expert types.

From what I'm reading, the main difference between a regular type and pure expert type would be that you'll only be able to use weapons from that class. For example, a Hunter is capable of dual wielding with a Handgun, but with the Expert type Hunter you sacrifice your other weapon options for better stats. Same thing with Ranger and Force, if you only plan on using one type of weapon you can just sacrifice that ability for better stats.

And since they only list HU/RA, RA/FO, and HU/FO as options on the guide for dual class options), it seems that it's not a subjob-type thing but they're standalone classes seperate from the main classes, and instead of having one class be weaker than the other, they're both balanced out.

And this trap class... that sounds rather interesting. Maybe the trap class can use various weapons from each main class, but only up to a certain rank. And to make up for that, they can use super cool traps. Might prove interesting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-09-02 05:55 ]</font>

DarkShadowX
Sep 2, 2006, 06:53 AM
On 2006-09-02 04:51, hypersaxon wrote:
Okay, I'm now salty. So there is pure HU/RA/FO expert types.

From what I'm reading, the main difference between a regular type and pure expert type would be that you'll only be able to use weapons from that class. For example, a Hunter is capable of dual wielding with a Handgun, but with the Expert type Hunter you sacrifice your other weapon options for better stats. Same thing with Ranger and Force, if you only plan on using one type of weapon you can just sacrifice that ability for better stats.

And since they only list HU/RA, RA/FO, and HU/FO as options on the guide, it seems that it's not a subjob-type thing but they're standalone classes seperate from the main classes, and instead of having one class be weaker than the other, they're both balanced out.

And this trap class... that sounds rather interesting. Maybe the trap class can use various weapons from each main class, but only up to a certain rank. And to make up for that, they can use super cool traps. Might prove interesting.

Indeed it does, well we'll just have to wait and see.

NDkEwL
Sep 2, 2006, 07:43 AM
I'm going to be the Newman raising each single one of these classes as high as my patience will allow, but I will most likely be using the Wartechter the most. I am assuming most of you are doing the same thing with yourselves.

And, yeah, i was hoping for a system sort of like FFXI where you get a main class, and then get a subclass with nerfed stats, but both equal and lacking abilities here and there is fine by me, as long as i can use double daggers and at least one claw