PDA

View Full Version : About the game world.

Megax11
Sep 1, 2006, 02:57 PM
Hello there, I signed up to the forums just now.

I have a question I would like to ask. I have looked everywhere and couldn't find info on this. My question is...

Is the world in this game on rails and randomly generated like PSO's world? Or is it open ended and free to explore and stumble upon dungeons and towns/cities?

I was hoping that PSU would make a living, breathing world, where you could walk to each dungeon or ride vehicles far distances to get to any cities or towns, and or dungeons on any of the three planest.

I'll probably still get it, it's just that, with PSO it got very tedious with going through variants of the same 4 stages over and over and over. Any info on this question is appreciated. Thanks.

-X-

DarkShadowX
Sep 1, 2006, 03:10 PM
Well I'm pretty sure PSU have more areas and we'll hopefully get more as time goes by. But this game isn't a free-roaming environment or else then I guess this game would be considered an MMORPG. But since it isn't the planets are ships, I believe, with the cities being blocks or whatever. This game online, I guess, is more mission based or something IDK I don't have the game yet.

Tycho
Sep 1, 2006, 03:13 PM
Missions (the parts in which you can fight) are still instanced. You will not have to keep redoing stages you don't like though, since you could have people 'invite' you over from an Outpost (lobby) adjacent to the boss area.

ORM-D
Sep 1, 2006, 03:13 PM
Well its not going to be free roam. But there will be a few more areas to explore and different planets to go to and dont forget the room feature and now you can set up your own store so you can sell your own stuff. But dont worrie i asure you this game will be great reguardless of is non free roamness.

Kyuu
Sep 1, 2006, 05:32 PM
PSO dungeons were not random, by the way. There were just a limited number of variants of each map that may have given that impression.

To my understanding, PSU's dungeons are actually randomized to some degree. Could be wrong.

No persistent online world. And thank god I say. I had quite enough of that in WoW. Lots of travel time, and no real benefits. You won't be "stumbling" across anything. There's nothing hidden very well, and everyone knows where everything is within the first couple months of the game being released.

Fleece
Sep 1, 2006, 05:37 PM
But it is a persistant online world. People are still playing while you sleep/work/eat and people still trade when your not online. Its just not free roaming, if thats what you meant.

zandra117
Sep 1, 2006, 05:48 PM
Its very in the middle of those 2 descriptions, I say its a hybrid. You actually sort of have travel time in PSU seeing as you actually have to travel to the entrance of the dungeons that you want to explore rather than just teleporting to them. And the world is persistent, People can enter your player ceated shop and room even while you are offline. And there is certain outposts where you can run into other players outside your party that you can only reach by traveling through a dungeon. There is also a new update every week.

Megax11
Sep 1, 2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'll pick it up, was going to anyway, though I can't see myself playing it for years and years unless they offer brand new dungeons all the time instead of the same 4 locales.

-X-

Emrald
Sep 1, 2006, 08:23 PM
I hope they do this time...I plan on playing this at least a year

Nekomimi
Sep 1, 2006, 08:32 PM
I've already seen more than 4 locales and I'm only on Chapter 6 of story mode. Don't worry about seeing the same thing over and over again because each area is definitely quite different from the others. I haven't even been to Mao...Mao..toob...tab...whatever.