PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Rarest race

DoubleJG
Sep 1, 2006, 04:21 PM
For all you JP version players, from your experience so far what race/class would you say is the least common? Most?

Just curious.

watashiwa
Sep 1, 2006, 04:22 PM
Beast Females.

Axios-
Sep 1, 2006, 04:23 PM
Beasts came in last in the poll on PSOW's homepage so I'd still have to say beasts will be the rarest. Speaking of that, the homepage really needs a new poll...

Nekomimi
Are you serious? That was the first race/gender I made. I love her ;_;

ORM-D
On 2006-09-01 14:22, watashiwa wrote:
Beast Females.

Is that the lest common or the most?

watashiwa
Sep 1, 2006, 04:24 PM
Oh forgot to say.. least common. =P

DoubleJG
Atleast she'll stand out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Drakon
I was gonna be a Beast male myself before I found out that they screwed with the online Beast ears. Made them look way diffrent from the offline Beast ears, so now I changed my decision to Cast male..

DoubleJG
Sep 1, 2006, 04:26 PM
What do you mean by screwed with them? Do they look huge & ugly or something?

Kayai
Sep 1, 2006, 04:27 PM
I have a funny feeling that Beast and Cast will be rarest and Human and Newman will be the most popular....just a gut feeling though

Drakon
Sep 1, 2006, 04:28 PM
On 2006-09-01 14:26, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
What do you mean by screwed with them? Do they look huge & ugly or something?

Yeh the ears on the beast look all big compared to the human looking pointed ears on the offline Beast characters.

ORM-D
Sep 1, 2006, 04:28 PM
Well cast if i remember right are the second most popular. but HUcast are the second strongest in the hunter catagory

watashiwa
Sep 1, 2006, 04:29 PM
On 2006-09-01 14:27, Kayai wrote:
I have a funny feeling that Beast and Cast will be rarest and Human and Newman will be the most popular....just a gut feeling though

Nah, man, there's a ton of casts. Japanese people love their robots.

Drakon
Sep 1, 2006, 04:30 PM
Yeh I think Cast might be the most popular. I do know that me and two of my friends thats gonna play with me is all gonna be Cast our other two friends are gonna be Newman..

Nekomimi
Sep 1, 2006, 04:31 PM
I know I was disappointed when I couldn't have a tail on my female beast, even though I've seen NPC beasts with them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif But she's still cute and awesome.

ORM-D
Sep 1, 2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah im going to be cast as well. They just look so bad ass and they have good stats.

PJ
Sep 1, 2006, 04:34 PM
I'm surprised oO

From all the beta snaps, I saw mostly the awful Beast Female Animal Morphy thingy, so I thought they'd be more popular

Drakon
Sep 1, 2006, 04:35 PM
On 2006-09-01 14:32, ORM-D wrote:
Yeah im going to be cast as well. They just look so bad ass and they have good stats.

Yeh I would have stayed with my first choice being a Beast because i'm upset on the way Beast males turned out, but I can deal with it. But my party needs a Ranger, so thats gonna be my role in the party and Beast don't make to good of rangers..

Edit: fixed errors

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drakon on 2006-09-01 14:36 ]</font>

ORM-D
Sep 1, 2006, 04:37 PM
Yeh I would have stayed with my first choice being a Beast because i'm upset on the way Beast males, but I can deal with it. But my party needs a Ranger, so thats gonna be my role in the party and Beast don't make to good of rangers..

No they dont really. I think that is the worst in the class/race statistics. Well its good to see we still have some rangers around.

Well remember they are the newest class. So every ones most likely going to try them out. I will probably have a beast just to see what they are capeable of.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ORM-D on 2006-09-01 14:40 ]</font>

Drakon
Sep 1, 2006, 04:39 PM
Beast might be popular just for the fact that everyone would like to try them out, but I think there will be more Cast as peoples main race..

DarkShadowX
Sep 1, 2006, 04:43 PM
Well I'm starting out with Cast, but I plan on making one of each race so I'll have a Beast........ eventually.

Drakon
Sep 1, 2006, 04:44 PM
Yeh might as well make one of each race you get 4 slots, so i'm sure thats what ST had in mind that most would like to make one of each race to try each race/class out.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 1, 2006, 06:52 PM
well imma be a cast since they look the most badass, will create other characters later...

vitius137
Sep 1, 2006, 07:00 PM
On 2006-09-01 14:29, watashiwa wrote:

On 2006-09-01 14:27, Kayai wrote:

Nah, man, there's a ton of casts. Japanese people love their robots.

do I hear..... persocons?

Kazzi
Sep 1, 2006, 07:15 PM
Aww i was gonna make a female beast D: Then again, i like being the odd one out. I think Newman males will be the most uncommon though... i didnt see a single one on the character thread.

Axios-
Sep 1, 2006, 07:17 PM
Male newman right here! Ah, but I'm not a force... ooooooh

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 1, 2006, 07:47 PM
vitius137, wher did you get that countdown thing, ive been looking for one...

Eclypse
Sep 1, 2006, 07:49 PM
On 2006-09-01 14:24, Drakon wrote:
I was gonna be a Beast male myself before I found out that they screwed with the online Beast ears. Made them look way diffrent from the offline Beast ears, so now I changed my decision to Cast male..

HAHAHAHA, you have to be kidding me. If you will be paying attention to the ears more than the game, something is wrong.

A2K
Sep 1, 2006, 08:23 PM
Just going by the videos I've seen I'd say that Newman Females and Casts were the most common.

Kazzi
Sep 1, 2006, 08:25 PM
On 2006-09-01 17:17, Axios- wrote:
Male newman right here! Ah, but I'm not a force... ooooooh

Aww so no pretty dress stylings? I doubt we will see many male force style characters again, though i was dating one for a while..

On 2006-09-01 17:49, Eclypse wrote:
HAHAHAHA, you have to be kidding me. If you will be paying attention to the ears more than the game, something is wrong.

Ears make beasts look special =3 But from the look of things people are only making beasts to 'test the new race'

Nekomimi
Sep 1, 2006, 08:29 PM
Not so, I made a beast female because I think they're cute, and since I always play Hunter anyway. I'll probably be sticking with her for the NA release as well.

After Utawarerumono (anime) gets released stateside, expect to see a lot of female beasts named 'Eruru' and 'Aruru' and 'Karura' running around.

Fou
Sep 1, 2006, 10:17 PM
odd i was thinkin beast would be top 3 at least well same as neko im just gonna be a hunter anyway gonna be a beast when NA PSU still plus you can hide one kind of ears in the hair to look like a human http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fou on 2006-09-01 20:21 ]</font>

Drakon
Sep 1, 2006, 11:20 PM
On 2006-09-01 17:49, Eclypse wrote:

Well looks is sort of a big deal to me I messed up picking a Galka on FFXI. Looking at the ugly short legged monkey from that game for 60 lvls made me decide not to make a bad choice in characters race again in any game.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Natrokos
Sep 2, 2006, 01:51 AM
Beast aren't like Galka at all. I want a Female Beast and a Male Newman.....Plus I like the way that proportions are done so I can make my Beast look pretty decent.

Alisha
Sep 2, 2006, 02:02 AM
im definately making a female beast just because they will be rare http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Kimil
Sep 2, 2006, 02:09 AM
Still Making:
Kimil - HUFOnewm
Chiyoko - ForteHUbeasl

What I was planning to do in the first place -_-

Yoruichi
Sep 2, 2006, 02:18 AM
I'll be making a beast, for my playstyle and the gamer side of me loves thier stats and being one of the best hunter types its perfect. For the female side, I love the exotic/feral look and uniqueness from other races.

Nekomimi
Sep 2, 2006, 02:41 AM
There's no such thing as a **beasl. What the fuck are you talking about. Those retarded class names have been removed.

Natrokos
Sep 2, 2006, 02:48 AM
Removed? To be replaced by things like Wartechter.......Yeah, who cares what it's called.

Nekomimi
Sep 2, 2006, 02:53 AM
Even if they hadn't been removed, there's never been a 'beasl' and there never will be. It physically makes me cringe to see such a word. Uggh.

Yoruichi
Sep 2, 2006, 04:15 AM
Yeah, who cares what it's called.

Agreed, long as you get the point sheesh.

donnieaxel
Sep 2, 2006, 07:48 AM
Nekomimi I have a female beast also. Her name is Daxel and she is awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I couldn't be happier with a character!

Kazzi
Sep 2, 2006, 08:27 AM
Now everyone is making a female beast xD i think i'll wait untill my copy come in the post before i decide. But im torn between Beast and Cast. Maybe Beasts are going to be more popular in the US version?

Celethalion
Sep 3, 2006, 10:49 PM
I'm going to be making a Male Newman Hunter, so there's at least 3 of us.

But I have to ask about the Male Beast ears. I thought that there were 3 different options. Or did ye mean that the ones that stick straight out are larger online than they are offline? And wouldn't the size be altered a bit by the face proportions?

Shinjiro
Sep 3, 2006, 10:59 PM
I think Humans and Newmans are too boring for me, I like the Casts and Beasts. I'll most-likely start off with my Beast, but I'll probably fool around with the Cast character creation when I get the game (Because the people who made the Character Creation thingy didn't make friggin' Cast! >:O) and if I like it better, I'll stick with that. I definitely thought Beast would be pretty high up there, I mean... Who doesn't want to transform into a huge monster?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinjiro on 2006-09-03 21:00 ]</font>

Zeig123
Sep 3, 2006, 11:09 PM
On 2006-09-03 20:49, Celethalion wrote:
I'm going to be making a Male Newman Hunter, so there's at least 3 of us.

that makes 4 of us unless Im already counted in that cause I have prolly over done the fact that I will be playing a hunewm......see there I go again

theShoal
Sep 3, 2006, 11:46 PM
Hell...might as well throw this dumb question out there. Are there any hats in the game?

Shinjiro
Sep 4, 2006, 12:57 AM
Yeah, theres shops where you can get different items such as glasses, cat ears, and hats. Hopefully I'm not wrong Dx.

Kindaichi
Sep 4, 2006, 01:23 AM
I am making a male beats as my main because they seem the best suited for my gaming style. Just those ears look so gay ><.